Ivan Rakitić

SeloBarca

True that. Midfielders are playing way to far from eachother. Xavi/Iniesta played very close to eachother passing back and forth.

blaugrana1987

Should have bought Kroos. I'm Croatian and have been watching Rakitic for few years and yea, he is good AM. Like Cesc he has good final product, and his defense is very good. But he is no CM, and his technical ability is severely lacking for club such as Barcelona. Similar problem like Cesc actually, he can't hold the ball let alone control the MF.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Should have bought Kroos. I'm Croatian and have been watching Rakitic for few years and yea, he is good AM. Like Cesc he has good final product, and his defense is very good. But he is no CM, and his technical ability is severely lacking for club such as Barcelona. Similar problem like Cesc actually, he can't hold the ball let alone control the MF.

you could have prime Xavi and Iniesta in the midfield and they would still suck in this system. You can't expect anything from the midfielders when you play without a midfield

blaugrana1987

you could have prime Xavi and Iniesta in the midfield and they would still suck in this system. You can't expect anything from the midfielders when you play without a midfield
Tactics are big problem I agree, but it doesn't help that Rakitic is just not Barca quality.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead

This, I was pretty excited to see him play here and it seemed that Lucho had a plan for him, but then Lucho himself started to doubt him then he benched Rakitic against RM.

Andrew M

I like him a lot. Remember Modric in the first half of his debut season with Real. Voted worst signing of the year

messi2140

6racies Xavi
I dont think you can judge the midfielders with the way LE is letting them play. Even Iniesta is looking lost in the way barca is playing. the only one who is putting good performances is xavi , but thats just because he is xavi.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I wonder if it's because Xavi doing stuff his own way instead of listening to Lucho's instructions. You never know lol

kilian

I wonder if it's because Xavi doing stuff his own way instead of listening to Lucho's instructions. You never know lol

I think that is correct. Every other midfielder that played this season played like some wide midfielder/cover for fullbacks, only Xavi plays classic central role. It`s probably his instincts that don`t let him play like a wide midfielder.

Home of Barca Fans