Ivan Rakitić

F

Flavia

He was covering Alves again. He is sacrificing himself for the team. Bartra as rb should start to be real now. 3 cbs and forget alves/adriano/douglas, as lucho won't play montoya.

dakt

He's quality player, but Barca style is too complex for many, even for some experienced Barca players.

JamDav1982

He was covering Alves again. He is sacrificing himself for the team. Bartra as rb should start to be real now. 3 cbs and forget alves/adriano/douglas, as lucho won't play montoya.

He was, but he still looked fairly poor on the ball.

Hes not even close to the standard Barca should have as a starting midfielder.

blaugrana1987

Believe me, he doesn't posses necessary technique to play for barca. He is also a bit slow with a ball, thats just a fact. No reason to cry over a spilled milk but thats how it is.

Not that Cesc would do much simply because he is something we currently don't need.

Chong Li

He is beng wasted by the idiot Lucho. No wonder he looks crap when his main job seems to be covering for Alves mistakes.

Lucho OUT!

JamDav1982

He is beng wasted by the idiot Lucho. No wonder he looks crap when his main job seems to be covering for Alves mistakes.

Lucho OUT!

Covering Alves is part of his role not the whole lot.

He doesnt have the control or technique to play much further forward. He doesnt have the quality to do it.

Andrew M

I would take Kroos over him for sure, but he is a good player. However, as has been said, he is not being given every chance to succeed positionally

F

Flavia

Covering Alves is part of his role not the whole lot.

He doesnt have the control or technique to play much further forward. He doesnt have the quality to do it.

He does. He's not the best out there, but he can do better in attack. He already showed it in a few games.

Devils

I honestly don't see the point in criticizing ANY of our midfielders.

What's the point? It's so obvious that the problem isn't their talent.

JamDav1982

He does. He's not the best out there, but he can do better in attack. He already showed it in a few games.

I dont think he does. Not for the level Barca require.

Put him in the mix of midfield further forward today and that little space he wouldnt have coped.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Oh I see you are from Croatia. Kinda telling when all the Croats say he is not Barca material. Seriously, he is not. He is a solid box to box player for Sevilla and Everton for example. Barca quality he is not.

Everton, Tottenham, Sevilla, Valencia, maybe Atletico Madrid. Barca, no, just no. Whoever thought he could replace Xavi, to be our starter CM, was way way way off - he doesn't have the quality. The players we bought/brought back from loan to strengthen our team is just silly, just freaking silly. Even with Suarez I had my doubts, not to mention Vermaelen, Mathieu, Rafa and Rakitic - Douglas is not even worth to be our waterboy. Also, we have the ban hanging over us, good timez...

footyfan

Calma, calma

Come on, he really can't play any one-touch, and loses the ball under pressure quite easily.

Like I said when he was bought, he's a Fabregas replacement not a Xavi replacement. Barca needed 2 CMs.

F

Flavia

Come on, he really can't play any one-touch, and loses the ball under pressure quite easily.

Like I said when he was bought, he's a Fabregas replacement not a Xavi replacement. Barca needed 2 CMs.

Or 3, I know that. But he can do better than what we are seeing. Most of the team can, anyway.

ronniecro

from the first match he seems like he is scared to play for barca,he is just to scared to do anything other with the ball except pass it back or to player next to him,thats something i don't remember he was doing in sevilla
i still think that we should kept fabregas,especially now when he would play in his natural position in midfield and not on f9

Home of Barca Fans