Ivan Rakitić

ronniecro

even sergi roberto,who i don't see as barca material,had a better game yesterday
he was really terrible and to me he seemed scared like a little kid,put him under pressure and he will lose the ball

JamDav1982

I actually believe that Ivan can be a regular starter for atleast 4-5 years. What he needs is a stable midfield partner whom he can feel comfortable with rather than playing one game with Iniesta, another one with Xavi, after that Rafinha, and then get benched.

His current role doesn't fit him. The right central midfield spot is an unusual position now, since Messi always looks to go to a central position. This leaves oceans of space on the right wing and it's up to Rakitic and Alves to occupy that area, which frankly, none of them can handle.

It has to be a different type of player for that RCM position, a "sexier" player like Pogba or Di María who can operate in tight spaces with their technical abilites, but also help out defensively. Not a Koke/Rakitic/Cesc-type of player.
I would prefer someone with pace, a right footed Di María. Maybe Reus would be able to adapt to that position, but for now Pogba is probably the most suited player. Arda is another alternative.

Rakitic would then be playing on the LCM spot as a box-box player, being there for headers and cutting in with his right foot for longshots.

Rakitic played box to box last night. He wasnt in his usual deeper position covering for Alves.

Further up the park with less time to think he doesnt have it.

L

linetty

Disappointing. It was a perfect game to break the bad spell but he still failed to so with all the space given up by Elche... I hope he gets there eventually.

DinhoR10

I actually believe that Ivan can be a regular starter for atleast 4-5 years. What he needs is a stable midfield partner whom he can feel comfortable with rather than playing one game with Iniesta, another one with Xavi, after that Rafinha, and then get benched.

His current role doesn't fit him. The right central midfield spot is an unusual position now, since Messi always looks to go to a central position. This leaves oceans of space on the right wing and it's up to Rakitic and Alves to occupy that area, which frankly, none of them can handle.

It has to be a different type of player for that RCM position, a "sexier" player like Pogba or Di María who can operate in tight spaces with their technical abilites, but also help out defensively. Not a Koke/Rakitic/Cesc-type of player.
I would prefer someone with pace, a right footed Di María. Maybe Reus would be able to adapt to that position, but for now Pogba is probably the most suited player. Arda is another alternative.

Rakitic would then be playing on the LCM spot as a box-box player, being there for headers and cutting in with his right foot for longshots.

So you're saying put Iniesta or Rafinha in RCM and Rakitic or Iniesta in LCM?

Edit: Rafinha would be perfect for RCM actually since whenever he plays RW he ends up as RCM anyway.

dakt

He was really good. I'm still reserved, but it was tough game and he set himself on the right path.

F

Flavia

I knew he could do better. He was played to his strenghts tonight, and it showed.

Home of Barca Fans