Ivan Rakitić

L

linetty

He was more involved in the Atletico game because we needed to play collectively, like a team. Yesterday Messi wanted the ball to feet and he on his own was enough to win.

Still, Rakitić was almost great yesterday.

serghei

He had a nice game indeed, but let's not forget we played against a team that received 8 goals from Madrid. Calm and steady is the game. He's been bad most of the big games he featured in, that's why he was left out of the classico. That seems to be changing. He's young, he works hard, even if he won't be world class, teams rarely have only world class players in their squad. He could still be a part of this team if he shows his fighter nature and won't get overwhelmed against the big guns. That's what he did against Atletico. He's not Fabregas, his technique is not even in the same vicinity with Cesc's, but he has better workrate. And now, it seems we're trying to get the ball as fast as possible to our front trio, he is good for that. It's all about asking the right thing from him. The best would've been to have kept Cesc and bought Rakitic. That would've been awesome, because they're different players.

Last edited:
G

Gasgas

I really like his balance as a player, i am still skeptical whether his earlier underperformance was due to wacky tactics by lucho or what. But he is on the right track thus far!

Chygry

I have followed him since he came to Sevilla and I do trust him that he'll succeed at Barca. His last two seasons at Sevilla were great and the last season was exceptional. I think he was one the best midfielder in Europe last season. There's a reason Barca, Madrid and Atleti were after him.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I will just copy my post from the Iniesta thread:

If we keep the new formation Iniesta will not have so much influence on the offense. The new system is designed to allow Leo and Neymar to cut in from the wings. Iniesta will play closer to Busi now, be much more involved in build up and because Alba plays near the touchline and overlaps Neymar, Iniesta will have to stay in central midfield.
On the other side we have Alves who drifts in the centre and helps playmaking so Rakitic can move further up the pitch or on the wing when Leo drifts into the middle.

Conclusion: Iniesta will be less involved in attack than Rakitic from now on, if the players I mentioned above (who are our starters in important games) play.

Raki's new role suits him well.

F

Flavia

[VINE]https://vine.co/v/OI7riHXATj9[/VINE]

[VINE]https://vine.co/v/OI71dlAbdMT[/VINE]

I hope he keeps it up.

L

linetty

I was so mad at Suarez when he messed up Raki's sexy pass... It was wonderful

Home of Barca Fans