Ivan Rakitić

G

Gasgas

Don't have time for this crap

Really?
Asking you valid questions especially in all areas where you deliberately ignored to support your arguments is Crap?
Or is it crap because you obviously can't deny what i said?
If what i said is crap, i have a name for all that you have been writing after the match on this thread, but i wont say it,
I will :coffee: instead

BBZ8800

When has he played there and shown to be better than masch? And oh dont give us 10 min cameos
Give us full matches or atleast as a starter

It again depends what you need from a team/player.

I have never said that I would want Rakitic as a Dmc against Real.
But if Busi's injury will be a longer one, I would rather play Rakitic as a Dmc in La Liga matches at Camp Nou against midtable and weaker teams.

The story and the logic is the same as with an offensive Rb like Alves and a defensive Rb like Bartra or Montoya.
Again, in Barca, against midtable and bottomtable teams, a RB will play attack for 80% of the match, and he will use his defensive abilities for 20% of time.
So, against Rayo at home we can survive with the most offensive RB in the world, we won't suffer.
On the other hand, against Rayo, we would suffer with a RB who is good at defending and sucks in attack.

The story is somewhat similar with a DMC.
Against Rayo and similar teams at Nou Camp, he will pass and contribute to build up of attacking actions 70-80% of the time.
His defensive abilities will be needed only a few times during match.
So, IMO, Rakitic or even Samper would be better Dmcs, than Masch in those type of matches.

Against teams like Man. City, Real, and in away matches like Sevilla, Bilbao, we need a DMC like Masch who will play defense 50-60% of time during that match because those matches require a lot of defending, covering and pressing.

So, I was saying hypothetically, if we would be without Busquets now for 5-6-10 matches (or in the next Season), I would switch DMCs based on against whom we play (strong team, midtable team, Nou Camp, away match).

For Masch's lovers and people who are saying that he is the best Dmc in the world, just watch carefully the first 45 minutes of today's match and check again his movement and contribution when we had the ball.
Now, don't reply: but he was awesome against some stronger team.
Exactly, he IS good againt strong teams when we need defending.

Against weaker teams, he is three times worse than Pedro in our attacking contribution, and 5 times worse than Alves on his worst days.

JamDav1982

It again depends what you need from a team/player.

I have never said that I would want Rakitic as a Dmc against Real.
But if Busi's injury will be a longer one, I would rather play Rakitic as a Dmc in La Liga matches at Camp Nou against midtable and weaker teams.

The story and the logic is the same as with an offensive Rb like Alves and a defensive Rb like Bartra or Montoya.
Again, in Barca, against midtable and bottomtable teams, a RB will play attack for 80% of the match, and he will use his defensive abilities for 20% of time.
So, against Rayo at home we can survive with the most offensive RB in the world, we won't suffer.
On the other hand, against Rayo, we would suffer with a RB who is good at defending and sucks in attack.

The story is somewhat similar with a DMC.
Against Rayo and similar teams at Nou Camp, he will pass and contribute to build up of attacking actions 70-80% of the time.
His defensive abilities will be needed only a few times during match.
So, IMO, Rakitic or even Samper would be better Dmcs, than Masch in those type of matches.

Against teams like Man. City, Real, and in away matches like Sevilla, Bilbao, we need a DMC like Masch who will play defense 50-60% of time during that match because those matches require a lot of defending, covering and pressing.

So, i Was saying hypothetically, if we would be without Busquets now for 5-6-10 matches (or in the next Season), I would switch DMCs based on against whom we play (strong team, midtable team, Nou Camp, away match).

For Masch's lovers and people who are saying that he is the best Dmc in the world, just watch carefully the first 45 minutes of today's match and check again his movement and contribution when we had the ball.
Now, don't reply: but he was awesome against some stronger team.
Exactly, he IS good againt strong teams when we need defending.

Against weaker teams, he is three times worse than Pedro in our attacking contribution, and 5 times worse than Alves on his worst days.

You often seem to make a point and then say 'now dont reply' to the obvious and true answer to your post!

BBZ8800

You often seem to make a point and then say 'now dont reply' to the obvious and true answer to your post!

I say "don't reply" with posts that will drive us again back into circles of repeating the same thing over and over.

For example:
Me: Rakitic should play against weaker teams at Camp Nou
XX user: But Masch was a best DMC at WC
Me: It doesn't matter. We need passing skills and build up play from a Dmc against smaller teams. That is more important than a few tackles.
Me: Look at the first half today, and Masch's contribution

That is my point.
I am not saying to a user not to reply to my posts.
I am asking to avoid silly arguments which were already explained, and that we should move forward with new arguments, let's say it that way.

So, if you have a new argument how Raki is not that good, or how we would ruin the chemistry of MCs, I accept that, a fair argument.

But, as I have said, a reply: but Masch was awesome against some stronger team or on a World cup
= it will only bring the discussion back in circles

Last edited:
L

linetty

Really?
Asking you valid questions especially in all areas where you deliberately ignored to support your arguments is Crap?
Or is it crap because you obviously can't deny what i said?
If what i said is crap, i have a name for all that you have been writing after the match on this thread, but i wont say it,
I will :coffee: instead
didn't even bother to read

J

Jamie Cal

Am I really seeing some guy criticizing Masch's attacking movement when we played a team with 4 attacking players and little-to-no cover from his midfield 2?

I'm glad that's the only segment I read. That only has given me heart burn.

BBZ8800

Am I really seeing some guy criticizing Masch's attacking movement when we played a team with 4 attacking players and little-to-no cover from his midfield 2?

I'm glad that's the only segment I read. That only has given me heart burn.

You are trying to imply that Masch played that way only because of our opponent's setup?
THIS is the reason why he didn't move off the ball or offer himself too much when we had the ball?

And that in some different matches, against different opponents, his attacking/passing/build up play and movement will be much better?

Fine, I am eagerly awaiting to see that build-up wizzy Masch, whom I haven't see yet. (Not yesterday, but in Barca's career.)

J

Jamie Cal

You are trying to imply that Masch played that way only because of our opponent's setup?
THIS is the reason why he didn't move off the ball or offer himself too much when we had the ball?

And that in some different matches, against different opponents, his attacking/passing/build up play and movement will be much better?

Fine, I am eagerly awaiting to see that build-up wizzy Masch, whom I haven't see yet. (Not yesterday, but in Barca's career.)

I'm talking priorities, m8. All that talk about making himself available against fuggin' Rayo is total shit. Your expectations of him are misguided, and as for his passing, didn't he play a ball over the top for Suarez like last week?

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
B_vAwEjWIAA0hw4.jpg:large

Home of Barca Fans