Ivan Rakitić

L

linetty

So rather than someone who has proved himself as one of the best DMs on the world you want to play someone who has proven NOTHING as a DM?.

You don't play a player based on his achievements. Every team is different, that's one of the poorest arguments I've heard in a while

L

linetty

he is good, you are spoiled by watching busquets week in week out.

That doesn't make sense. I like Masch, I'm actually a fan but I'm not content with how he contributes to the team when in midfield. Simple

JamDav1982

You don't play a player based on his achievements. Every team is different, that's one of the poorest arguments I've heard in a while

I will tell you whats a poorer argument - lets play a player in a position they have never shown they can play.

Mascherano played plenty of games DM this season and Barca have played well and scored a lot of goals.

L

linetty

I will tell you whats a poorer argument - lets play a player in a position they have never shown they can play.

Mascherano played plenty of games DM this season and Barca have played well and scored a lot of goals.
Rakitic never shown he can play DM? I don't have anymore questions, thank you.

G

Gasgas

So you guys linetty and the other guy are telling us that
We should play xavi rakitic iniesta in el classico?
Keeping in mind how
Xavi busquets iniesta has been brutally overrun this year
And how rakitic's strengths are actually in CM

Rakitic wasnt bad as a DM for croatia? May be not in the world cup where he was twsted and turned everytime. Hs strength is in attack attack attack. The only way i would play rakitic at Dm would be if we were to accomodate a superior CM

Mascherano is terrible at DM? :facepalm: :facepalm:
He is the second if not the best DM in the squad,

G

Gasgas

Rakitic never shown he can play DM? I don't have anymore questions, thank you.

When has he played there and shown to be better than masch? And oh dont give us 10 min cameos
Give us full matches or atleast as a starter

L

linetty

When has he proved he can play DM?

You seem to be avoiding that question.
He played decently at Croatia and played well against Villarreal in midweek for some mins and today as well

His qualities are way closer to what is required from a dm at Barca, that's my take on it.

JamDav1982

Masch has played 9 times at DM this season Barca have won all nine. Including games away to Valencia, Villareal and home to PSG.

Although not played every minute of those games the team have scored 23 goals in those games.

Yet Linnety will have us believe he is a disaster to the team in that position.

JamDav1982

He played decently at Croatia and played well against Villarreal in midweek for some mins and today as well

His qualities are way closer to what is required from a dm at Barca, that's my take on it.

Masch played DM away to Villareal and Rakitic was far from convincing in World Cup.

Come on must do better.

L

linetty

Ok, we'll see what Lucho wants and how it turns out. But don't come over here crying when Masch fuck up

He isn't a disaster, didn't say that, don't put words in my mouth, but we're not creative enough with him in mf

DrPepper

Rakitic surely would've been a better choice against Rayo (in hindsight) but not sure he would be the right choice against Real Madrid?

Mascherano might be vastly inferior technically but he provides the physicality which in the Clasico could be much more useful. Especially if we're not putting extreme emphasis on keeping the ball all the time but instead go for a more vertical approach like at the Calderon in the Copa match. Keep in mind that Real need a win and will have to attack us instead of sitting deep.

Every opponent is different and you can't simply say that because someone worked in a certain match that he will be equally good in another. It's funny how Busquets gets criticised after nearly every match but now people are starting to realize (once again) how important he is.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
he was an average dm for croatia in their disappointing wc campaign and made some cameos where he didn't have to do anything. samper has only played once or twice for barca against weak teams. yet you think one of them should start over masch in a clasico?

Home of Barca Fans