Ivan Rakitić

I just realized that he won an Europe league last year, and now a Champions League, damn, he's the guy. Has anyone else achieved it before him?

Deco10

I just realized that he won an Europe league last year, and now a Champions League, damn, he's the guy. Has anyone else achieved it before him?

Of course, almost the entire Porto squad with Mourinho, when the Europa League was still known as Uefa Cup. Porto won in 2003 the Uefa Cup against Celtic and we were European Champions in 2004

Talking about Mourinho, just recalled Chelsea won 2011-12 UCL and then won 2012-13 Europa League. I wonder if Barça one day will become bored of dominating Champion and then decides to win Europa league :D lol jk of course.

Well, I'm sure he will win Uefa Super Cup this year, as he was already in FCB when it was held.

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
We were in the uefa cup not too long ago, 2004 I think. We had thiago motta and saviour in the team. I don't remember it though I started watching football during the euro 2004 tournament.

dakt

Nowhere in my mind did I see Rakitic so crucial for us. 18 million. Wow.
Glad he's part of our NT and Barca. Vamos Ivan!

Devils

This signing was genius.

So many people doubted it, but I don't think any midfielder we could have signed for however many millions could have seamlessly fit in and engineer our midfield in the way Raki did this season. He was unbelievably good.

Kohe321

Rakitic has cemented himself as one of the pillars of the team. Immense first season, and with an attitude and persona you just have to love. Very likeable. One of our best signings ever in my opinion.

Have a great summer and well deserved rest, Raki! :D

raskolnikov

I always like Rakitic and considered him a great player just had my doubts at him being truly top tier starting 11 material (kinda like Kevin de Bruyne now).
He definitely proved his value to Barca, his fee was a steal, especially for Barca standards since we usually overpay, he is indeed very likeable and a great important asset of our treble winning team.

Home of Barca Fans