Ivan Rakitić

FinBarcelonafan

Me too.
tumblr_nholpz5JlG1srijuro1_500.jpg

Is this real?

Devils

Signing of the season for me.

I knew Suarez would be dominate in the Barca system. I never doubted Raki but at the same time I never held super high expectations of him. Needless to say, he turned out to be infinitely better than I (or anyone else) thought he would.

What an incredible player! So glad we tossed Cesc for Raki.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

This video is awesome, Rakitic had a tremendous season in all aspects.

I agree that he has come up big on the highest level fairly often this season.
-2nd MOTM vs Bayern at home, assisted Messi
-Awesome performance in the CL final, scored the crucial opener, could've easily had 2 assists (Suarez and Pique)
-Awesome performance vs Man City, chipped Hart for the lone goal in the 2nd leg
-Arguably MOTM vs. Atletico right when we were turning our season around
-Set up 2nd goal vs Athletic in CDR final, great performance overall

All decisive moments this season to go on top of his reliable/complete performances and consistency.

Alen

Rakitic is absolutely essential. His presence keeps the team defensively and even offensively sound. However i think he could be leaner, lose some body fat. He needs to be able to play more minutes with Xavi leaving. Each time he was subbed, he seemed dead.

ceefoo

...However i think he could be leaner, lose some body fat. He needs to be able to play more minutes with Xavi leaving. Each time he was subbed, he seemed dead.
I don't think this is because of a lack of fitness. You just have to see him with his shirt off to see how lean he is.

He looks tired because he doesn't cheat the fans. Many players just go through the motions. Just ambling through the game and not putting in the "hard yards" I personally expect from a highly paid professional. Raki doesn't do this! He leaves everything out on the field, and that's partly why fans of the clubs his played for love him so much

Alen

I don't think this is because of a lack of fitness. You just have to see him with his shirt off to see how lean he is.

He looks tired because he doesn't cheat the fans. Many players just go through the motions. Just ambling through the game and not putting in the "hard yards" I personally expect from a highly paid professional. Raki doesn't do this! He leaves everything out on the field, and that's partly why fans of the clubs his played for love him so much

I agree. He leaves it all in the field, that's why i like him so much. But still i think he could be even leaner. I saw him swapping shirts last night and he looked like he could lose some body fat. I know i am nitpicking here, i just want him to be even better because i think he can be.

Siberia

This video is awesome, Rakitic had a tremendous season in all aspects.

I agree that he has come up big on the highest level fairly often this season.
-2nd MOTM vs Bayern at home, assisted Messi
-Awesome performance in the CL final, scored the crucial opener, could've easily had 2 assists (Suarez and Pique)
-Awesome performance vs Man City, chipped Hart for the lone goal in the 2nd leg
-Arguably MOTM vs. Atletico right when we were turning our season around
-Set up 2nd goal vs Athletic in CDR final, great performance overall

All decisive moments this season to go on top of his reliable/complete performances and consistency.

What a player! Absolutely amazing!

anguy

Great player. Great passes, short or long, great stamina, good long range shooting and score goals.

His passing is not that good, in fact it is his greatest weakness. There are many times when he screws up even the simplest pass. He is just good with final passes when around the box.There's a reason why Messi was our primary creator this year, not Rakitic.

Home of Barca Fans