Ivan Rakitić

Stric

Other than that single one, which is still just a rumor, I have heard nothing. And to be honest, I'm disappointed in him for leaving and disgusted by the fact that he's in Chelsea now, so obviously I've lost respect for him, but you guys are really taking the piss with criticism. You're literally making up things just to sound cool criticizing him. Basically that single rumor about Tata calling him "a rotten egg" is all you have... And Tata is the one who kept him and played the shit out of him even when he was way off form.

Cesc was easily among the hardest workers on the team. There were texts and articles written about what a hard worker he was for Barcelona. All he ever wanted was to play for Barca's first team, and when he finally came back, he worked his ass off to succeed. I remember at some point it was preseason and he lost a lot of weight to try and get some of his pace back. He was the first to arrive at the training centre and the last to leave. I only remember reading one really bad interview he gave to some radio station in Catalunya where he complained about being benched, but other than that, you can't say that he didn't try and didn't do anything he was asked to do. And he was basically the guy who had to fill in for whoever was absent. At times he was filling in for Xavi, next it was Iniesta, then Messi at false 9, then the wings... He accepted everything.

footyfan

Calma, calma
This forum has something against Cesc and will tend to believe anything negative said about him. I mean, he was likened to having cancer....

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Other than that single one, which is still just a rumor, I have heard nothing. And to be honest, I'm disappointed in him for leaving and disgusted by the fact that he's in Chelsea now, so obviously I've lost respect for him, but you guys are really taking the piss with criticism. You're literally making up things just to sound cool criticizing him. Basically that single rumor about Tata calling him "a rotten egg" is all you have... And Tata is the one who kept him and played the shit out of him even when he was way off form.

Cesc was easily among the hardest workers on the team. There were texts and articles written about what a hard worker he was for Barcelona. All he ever wanted was to play for Barca's first team, and when he finally came back, he worked his ass off to succeed. I remember at some point it was preseason and he lost a lot of weight to try and get some of his pace back. He was the first to arrive at the training centre and the last to leave. I only remember reading one really bad interview he gave to some radio station in Catalunya where he complained about being benched, but other than that, you can't say that he didn't try and didn't do anything he was asked to do. And he was basically the guy who had to fill in for whoever was absent. At times he was filling in for Xavi, next it was Iniesta, then Messi at false 9, then the wings... He accepted everything.

True. It unfortunately for both parts just wasn't meant to be so we both moved on. No hard feelings towards Cesc.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Just wrote a similar post in his thread :lol:

Glad to see I'm not the only one here who still respects Cesc

I respect Cesc. I don't respect his hairstyle or his decision to play for Chelsea, but I respect him as a player. It would have been awesome if he could have truly clicked with our system. But it just never happened. And it was the best for both parties that he departed the club. For Barca because it eliminated the headache of incorporating him into the team, and for Cesc himself because he would no longer be wasted as utility man, chucked all across the midfield and front line. In essence, the prodigal son returned home, but some fantasies just don't come true.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
This forum has something against Cesc and will tend to believe anything negative said about him. I mean, he was likened to having cancer....

That was bit too much. He's a great player and all, but he just doesn't suit us anymore.

And it wouldn't surprise me if the "Cesc is a bad egg" rumors were started by the board so that they could easily justify selling him.

Last edited:

BarcaJack

I think Rakitic could be the key signing this summer simply because I can't see Suarez will fail and CM is always such a tricky position for Barca. Cesc didn't fit in, who could see that?
If Raki can fit into our system well, our team will be able to be more balanced and stronger for big matches. However there is a slight possibility that he may be the next Keita and our midfield will continue to decline.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I think Rakitic could be the key signing this summer simply because I can't see Suarez will fail and CM is always such a tricky position for Barca. Cesc didn't fit in, who could see that?
If Raki can fit into our system well, our team will be able to be more balanced and stronger for big matches. However there is a slight possibility that he may be the next Keita and our midfield will continue to decline.

It won't continue to decline if the youngsters can pitch in and help out.

DinhoR10

We have rakitic, rafinha, sergi Roberto, busquets, iniesta and even samper who can all conceivably play in that cm role, one of them HAS to work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Home of Barca Fans