Ivan Rakitić

L

linetty

Till now he has been below average.I doubt he can be WC in future.I would be glad if he proves me wrong.
He won't be world class but he's not crap. He's not flashy or skillful, but reliable and solid. A good squad player for rotation.

And people are really underrating Rakitic. RM wanted him in the first place but we snatched him from them.

lessthanjake

We have rakitic, rafinha, sergi Roberto, busquets, iniesta and even samper who can all conceivably play in that cm role, one of them HAS to work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That might be true. The problem is that, if only one of them is good, it will take a while to find out which one. We will be playing a bunch of scrubs in order to find out which one is actually good. That would be fine except La Liga is such an intense league to win; you can't afford to play subpar players at all because any draw/loss is huge. So it'll be hard to compete in the league and still play the young players. Ultimately, this is what stops the young players from getting playing time every year. But this year, it seems that we will have to play some youngsters, and I think it will really hurt us in the short run, even if it is good in the end.

DinhoR10

That might be true. The problem is that, if only one of them is good, it will take a while to find out which one. We will be playing a bunch of scrubs in order to find out which one is actually good. That would be fine except La Liga is such an intense league to win; you can't afford to play subpar players at all because any draw/loss is huge. So it'll be hard to compete in the league and still play the young players. Ultimately, this is what stops the young players from getting playing time every year. But this year, it seems that we will have to play some youngsters, and I think it will really hurt us in the short run, even if it is good in the end.

It's a gamble I agree, but I think we have talented enough youngsters in rafinha/Deulofeu/bartra/Roberto to make it through. It's unfortunate that so many of our positions needed fixing at the same time but the show must go on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Home of Barca Fans