Ivan Rakitić

Galning

18M for Rakitic was everything but a steal. A good deal, yes, but nothing special. We gave them one of our best young players in Suarez and on top of that he only had one year left on his contract with no real interest from other clubs.

xavi_the_Boss

18M for Rakitic was everything but a steal. A good deal, yes, but nothing special. We gave them one of our best young players in Suarez and on top of that he only had one year left on his contract with no real interest from other clubs.

Real Madrid and Atletico?

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

I see nothing wrong with Denis's loan deal though. Denis will get a lot of playing time, and we will get him back in two years.

Antimadridista1

Atletico and Real Madrid were very interested.

Galning

I see nothing wrong with Denis's loan deal though. Denis will get a lot of playing time, and we will get him back in two years.

It's not a steal either. It was a fair deal, nothing more. That said it's the same story every single summer when fans try to make their transfers look like amazing deals when in reality Rakitic has played a couple of pre-season games and he's already called a steal. When he plays a bad game when it counts the same people will go nuts about the board not having signed "a proper CM now that Xavi has declined". I don't like focusing on these claims.

JamDav1982

Loads of clubs were rumored to be interested him - Real, Atletico and Liverpool were ones that I can remember off top of my head.

Suarez was not given away either, the deal on him is such that if he looks like being good enough for Barcelona it should be fairly straightforward to get him back.

Suarez would have been away on loan this season anyway.

xavi_the_Boss

We payed 18 mil for one of the best midfielders in La Liga last season.If he is amazing for us this season i would call it a steal yes.
Its still to early to call him that though.Anyone remembers that RM got sahin for 10 mil?

L

linetty

We payed 18 mil for one of the best midfielders in La Liga last season.If he is amazing for us this season i would call it a steal yes.
Its still to early to call him that though.Anyone remembers that RM got sahin for 10 mil?
Sahin is a completely different pair of shoes.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Hmm?
He was voted best Player of the Bundesliga in that year.
Everybody though it was a steal and a great buy for RM.Of course they sold him back so they didn´t lose alot of Money but still.

To be fair, Sahin's injury issues at RM meant he never got a chance to show what he could do there.

CatalinR10

2 words: Lionel Halilovic.

bitch_please.gif

sorry bro , it's all about rakitic so far

Home of Barca Fans