Ivan Rakitić

Arizona Scott

I’d be surprised if he goes anywhere. It seems that he’s not particularly keen on leaving anyway, even if the club has allegedly put him on the market.

Additionally, the sort of clubs who could pay his salary and/or he would be interested in going to, won’t be in interested in him. Perhaps someone like Inter/Milan might be stupid enough to give him a three year deal, but I’ll be surprised.

rakitic would be one of the better center midfielders in serie a. the slower pace would also probably extend his effectiveness as a professional for 3 years at least (vs epl or la liga). it would make sense for all parties.

People need the right to be able to freely express their opinion, without the fear of ridicule. People here get bullied in to accepting widely held opinions far too much. If people think an opinion is stupid, they should explain with reasoned arguments rather than childish insults. Unfortunately the latter is the norm here.

gregorrin10

The only reason Rakitic's name was ever even mentioned in the so-called 'world class' level was the fact of playing for Barca, cause people feel the need to include midfielders from all the top teams. Otherwise, he's not even close to the actual world class midfielders mentioned in earlier posts (De Bruyne, Silva, FDJ, Thiago, Kross, Modric, Eriksen, even the likes of Pjanic, Koke, Saul...)

Raki's level was always clubs of Sevilla level or Milan/Inter at best, that's why he thrived at Sevilla and should go to Serie A now, especially since the gameplay is much slower there and would suit him and prolong his career, just like it will for CR. Not to mention that he would instantly become like the highest profile midfielder in the league, on par with Pjanic, and that the team he played in would build their game around him for at least those 2-3 years.

Last edited:

Arizona Scott

The only reason Rakitic's name was ever even mentioned in the so-called 'world class' level was the fact of playing for Barca, cause people feel the need to include midfielders from all the top teams. Otherwise, he's not even close to the actual world class midfielders mentioned in earlier posts (De Bruyne, Silva, FDJ, Thiago, Kross, Modric, Eriksen, Pjanic, Koke, Saul...)

Raki's level was always clubs of Sevilla level or Milan/Inter at best, that's why he thrived at Sevilla and should go to Serie A now, especially since the gameplay is much slower there and would suit him and prolong his career, just like it will for CR. Not to mention that he would instantly become like the highest profile midfielder in the league, on par with Pjanic, and that the team he played in would build their game around him for at least those 2-3 years.

I disagree. Rakitic is in the class (at his peak) as Thiago and Kross and Eriksen--could find different opinions but I think they are close (same ballpark). They are ALL better than Pjanic. I'll agree the City and Atletico ones you mentioned are a class above--well FDJ hasn't proved it yet, but I hope and think he will.

Let me ask this, how many Serie A central midfielders do you think are better than Rakitic? I bet it is a short list, at least it should be. Anyone would doubted Rakitic is not a good player or just a product of Barca clearly hasn't watched Croatia or their WC run. He was a big part of their midfield bossing everyone they played. He was a constant along with Modric while the others interchanged around them.

our midfield should be either

Frenkie-Rakitic-Arthur or Arthur-Frenkie-Coutinho

either way, Rak should stay with Busi and/or Vidal leaving

This is close to my view. However if Coutinho doesn't make that transition I think Vidal should split ACM with Rakitic. Busi should be subbed in for games we have a lead and want to pass the opponents to death.

Devils

[tw]1156937501531168768[/tw]

If this happens we gonna have to hang up one of these outside of Camp Nou.

59ecc1556df44f47d0279cf3

CatalinR10

Won't happen.

Rakitic thinks he deserves to be starting here in the first 11 , lmao. No way he would accept to go to Everton, not that he's to good for them or that sort , but because he thinks too much of himself.

He's also a ,,yes my dear " type of guy and i can't see his wife wanting to leave this luxurious life she lives in Barca.

Kul_z

Won't happen.

Rakitic thinks he deserves to be starting here in the first 11 , lmao. No way he would accept to go to Everton, not that he's to good for them or that sort , but because he thinks too much of himself.

He's also a ,,yes my dear " type of guy and i can't see his wife wanting to leave this luxurious life she lives in Barca.

Our only hope is manu or sevilla. Sadly

Home of Barca Fans