Ivan Rakitić

underoath

Banned
It is interesting to check how the eye test of fans is different.
For some, he was horrible.
Yet, in Miami he was chosen as a man of the match.
And he got the best ratings from Mundo deportivo and Sport.
Also, stats say:

Facts Only 😂
Men Lie Women Lie but Numbers Don't

JohnN

Considering our options, yes.

Frenkie is the only world class midfielder.

Busi is the same as Raki.
Vidal is a fighter for tight matches but also meh against small teams due to his 1-touch football.
Roberto, a weaker version of Rakitic who has legs.
Arthur, good in press resistance. For now meh in all other aspects.

What are the options at all?
You have Frenkie and then you have 2 free midfield spots.
The only goal is to pick the least bad players.

For me, Frenkie is a No1.
And Raki, Busi and Arthur should rotate for remaining spots.
Maybe even Coutinho in Camp Nou matches, if he stays.

The same question: with whom would you play against Getafe and Girona at home?
I am not talking about Anfield.

FDJ-Arthur-Coutinho would be my choice. Girona isn't a team to be scared of at the back.
Messi, Suarez and Griezmann should be enough firepower alone (hell, replace one with dembele even), add Coutinho and alba to that, and we should be fine.

underoath

Banned
Using preseason stats to justify him starting :lol:. How desperate can his fanboys get

We all know he will shit the bed again in the big games, and that these preseason matches mean nothing for most players besides the new ones.

Otherwise Rafinha would be the GOAT

I bet if it's De Jong you guys will praise him on how GREAT he is 😂

Xaviniesta

I bet if it's De Jong you guys will praise him on how GREAT he is 

Like @Gnidrologist said, De Jong doesnt need stats to look good, so no.

Anyways, I find it interesting that you shit on the same players BBZ shits on, and also fanboy the same players BBZ does. Not to mention, your old account was named BiraBoyZ. Tell me, what are the chances you 2 are the same person?

underoath

Banned

Anyways, I find it interesting that you shit on the same players BBZ shits on, and also fanboy the same players BBZ does. Not to mention, your old account was named BiraBoyZ. Tell me, what are the chances you 2 are the same person?

😂 You guys have a lot of time to spare

BBZ8800

P. sure when people talk about starters they mean 'in serious matches'. We could play the B team in most liga matches for all i care. Who cares about it anyway. It has been in the pocket for a decade. Winning it means crap, when it's topped off by prison rap3 in CL at each peak of the season.

How many big matches we played last season?

In La Liga:
2 against RM
2 against AM
and a random match here and there

In a CDR:
We played against RM with a mighty Malcom and won.
So, not a big match either...

CL:
Lyon x2, Man Utd x2, Liverpool x2

I posted stats and ratings after Lyon and Mn Utd, and Raki was our best midfielder (except at Barcaforum, where for example Arthur is the best by default, regardless of what actually happened on a field).

And you guys are rewriting a history all the time.
When I read this forum, it sounds as if Raki is constantly the worst player on a field in big matches.
While, his competitor, Arthur is running a show every single time.

Go back to any big La Liga match from last season:
Real 1:0
https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1316773/LiveStatistics/Spain-LaLiga-2018-2019-Real-Madrid-Barcelona

Raki 8,29 rating
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKBNEKczUbc
Busi 6,90
Arthur 6,64

Barcaforum verdict: Arthur MOTM, Raki the worst on a field.

Real 5:1
https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1316434/LiveStatistics/Spain-LaLiga-2018-2019-Barcelona-Real-Madrid

Busi 7,16
Raki 7,12
Arthur 6,49

Barcaforum verdict: Arthur MOTM

Whoscored remove stats for a CL for the last season.
But I remember when I was posting stats and rating this spring, that Arthur was the worst every single time between these 3 guys.
Even in big matches.
This is why Arthur dropped to a 5th choice from EV at the end of a season.

Yet, here a mob is selling a story how Arthur (and Vidal) were the best midfielders.
So, Raki played 54 matches last season.
In how many was he a liability?
= against Liverpool, surely. And here and there against some faster teams.
But what about the other 50 matches?

And a question now:
1. would you rather play Arthur in 50 matches against Mickey Mouse teams where he is useless, ONLY so that he could be in form for Liverpool in April/May?
2. or would you rather play Raki who is better against Mickey Mouse La Liga teams, but sucks in 5 matches against fast teams?

You can easily play players suitable for La Liga in La liga, and Arthur in kamikaze type of matches.

Also, I see that a lot of guys are making fan of goals from midfield and how Raki isn't a goalscorer.
As always, first this is a compilation of Frenkie's and Arthur's goals:

Then you have lots of Raki's lucky goals, the same as like the one from yesterday:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikIm74v22qo

Not to mention that we have EXACTLY the same type of writing, lol?
Remember last season, there were 10-20-50 users here who said that EV is an idiot for the same reasons:
1. he didn't play mighty Dembele
2. he didn't play mighty Malcom
3. Arthur was subbed off first (even though he is useless in the attacking 3rd where we are spending a majority of our matches)
4. mighty Alena didn't play too much
5. braindead Semedo (in attack) didn't play against weak La Liga Mickey Mouse teams when we needed to attack, create and score

You found a guy who has the same views as me, awesome.
I find it so sad that we had 50 users who believed in these players from above and were posting the same shit in every single topic.

Remember how many posters were mentioning me when Malcom scored a goal (wow), or Dembele had a good game here and there (omg, a 145M player had a good game, I am shocked).

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
<

How many big matches we played last season?

In La Liga:
2 against RM
2 against AM
and a random match here and there

In a CDR:
We played against RM with a mighty Malcom and won.
So, not a big match either...

CL:
Lyon x2, Man Utd x2, Liverpool x2

I posted stats and ratings after Lyon and Mn Utd, and Raki was our best midfielder (except at Barcaforum, where for example Arthur is the best by default, regardless of what actually happened on a field).

And you guys are rewriting a history all the time.
When I read this forum, it sounds as if Raki is constantly the worst player on a field in big matches.
While, his competitor, Arthur is running a show every single time.

Go back to any big La Liga match from last season:
Real 1:0
https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1316773/LiveStatistics/Spain-LaLiga-2018-2019-Real-Madrid-Barcelona

Raki 8,29 rating
Busi 6,90
Arthur 6,64

Barcaforum verdict: Arthur MOTM, Raki the worst on a field.

Real 5:1
https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1316434/LiveStatistics/Spain-LaLiga-2018-2019-Barcelona-Real-Madrid

Busi 7,16
Raki 7,12
Arthur 6,49

Barcaforum verdict: Arthur MOTM

Whoscored remove stats for a CL for the last season.
But I remember when I was posting stats and rating this spring, that Arthur was the worst every single time between these 3 guys.
Even in big matches.
This is why Arthur dropped to a 5th choice from EV at the end of a season.

Yet, here a mob is selling a story how Arthur (and Vidal) were the best midfielders.
So, Raki played 54 matches last season.
In how many was he a liability?
= against Liverpool, surely. And here and there against some faster teams.
But what about the other 50 matches?

And a question now:
1. would you rather play Arthur in 50 matches against Mickey Mouse teams where he is useless, ONLY so that he could be in form for Liverpool in April/May?
2. or would you rather play Raki who is better against Mickey Mouse La Liga teams, but sucks in 5 matches against fast teams?

You can easily play players suitable for La Liga in La liga, and Arthur in kamikaze type of matches.

Also, I see that a lot of guys are making fan of goals from midfield and how Raki isn't a goalscorer.
As always, first this is a compilation of Frenkie's and Arthur's goals:

Deep down you love Arthur and his style of play and you actually can't wait to see him in action with Frenkie. Admit it.

mc_lovin

<
And a question now:

Thats precisely the question. And the answer shouldnt be too hard if you are honest.

Gnidrologist

And a question now:
Absofuckinglutely!
Not to mention that by playing constantly he would certainly develop into more complete asset and, what is important for me, i might actually start enjoying watching la liga for a change. I've always watched it more for prospect of being entertained by Barca's football. Winning it is nice, but for Barca (or Real) redundant stuff. When it comes to trophies, CL is unquestionably the ultimate goal.

JohnN

And a question now:

I would honestly answer 1. At least try it. What we have been served last year is the same recipe, over and over and over again.
One thing is sure for me. Rakitic and Busquets cannot start together for any fixture. I would have no problem with FDJ, Arthur and Rakitic starting some games.

We need goals from midfield, that would be a big help. Rakitic isn't a goal scoring midfielder though. He has occasional bangers, that's all, which is indeed more than can be said about Arthur, Busquets or De Jong. Remember two things though.

1. Rakitic is the most advanced midfielder of them all.
2. His goals and assists were not so important.

How does this make him better than the others against "Mickey Mouse La Liga teams"? He isn't needed for those games. As yourself said in the past:

BBZ8800:
If we are lethal upfront, then isn't it the most logical to create a stonewall defense, not concede goals and let Messi do his magic?
That way, we'll concede only 0-1 in majority of matches and score 1-2-3 in majority of matches.

But since people are obssessed with attacking here: even though we already have enough fire in attack, you would strengthen attack (Dembele) even more and strengthen technique and attacking parts of midfield even more (Arthur, or possibly even Alena).

If you get my point?
Creating a stonewall defense and let Messi and 3-4 team actions per match doing their magic isn't really a bad idea.
It is a way better idea than the shit what stubborn Pep is doing, lol.

From what I understand, you seem to consider Arthur and Alena players that would "strengthen technique and attacking parts of midfield" instead of building a "stonewall defense".
So, is it attacking that Rakitic is better than Arthur or Defending?

...Whoscored...

Whoscored lists passing, as Rakitic's biggest asset. He is also classified as having no significant weaknesses. Exactly the same thing with Busquets.
Does this seem accurate? Why would you trust this source for anything?

Last edited:

Xaviniesta

Not to mention that we have EXACTLY the same type of writing, lol?

You found a guy who has the same views as me, awesome.

As a regular on this forum, I always see that:

-underoath seems to reply to you specifically, agreeing with your posts 5-10 mins after you post something, meaning they're online when you're online (weird, huh).
-underoath "fanboys" the same players you do, and shits on the same players too.
-underoath's old account was called BiraBoyZ.

All of these things may be a coincidence, but statistically speaking, I doubt it. It's not that far fetched to suspect you 2 might be the same person, typing in a different style. Just an observation I found interesting.

Home of Barca Fans