Ivan Rakitić

dakt

I would say we lost a little bit of creativity in the middle, but we gained a lot of defensive work through him, and vertical play. I would just like to see him score out of the box.
We need these against the teams like ATM.

khaled_a_d

He plays direct game ,he doesn't hold the ball too much and in some defensive moments he just clear the ball than trying to find someone and doesn't take a risk,I like that tbh
The best part is that he isn't affecting our style,he is passing is gr8 and his ability to make chances is amazing ,pure class

Zincubus

Banned
I would say we lost a little bit of creativity in the middle, but we gained a lot of defensive work through him, and vertical play. I would just like to see him score out of the box.
We need these against the teams like ATM.

Just saw Cesc's stats so far ... 4 games played and SIX assists ! Nathon Cleverley ( England international ) apparantly only managed 3 assists in his time at United !!

Stric

Even us Croats didn't think he'd be this good for Barca. Whoever pushed for his transfer needs to be credited.
And yes, Kroos is nowhere near. At least not yet.

Guilty as charged. I honestly didn't think he'd fit in so well. I hope he keeps it up for the rest of the season.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Thought he was going to be good when he signed. Couldn't understand people who thought he was a step down from Cesc but the speed at which he's settled in has surprised me. Keep it up Ivan.

L

linetty

Always knew he would flourish here. Still remember that Sevilla 'antimilan' fan calling him lazy, funny stuff

BarcaJack

Would be absolutely brilliant if he can get some assists. I think he's got the skills but the problem is either Messi and Don don't click with him or he is too occupied with the defense work.

Trickykid

Would be absolutely brilliant if he can get some assists. I think he's got the skills but the problem is either Messi and Don don't click with him or he is too occupied with the defense work.
I don't think it's a problem at all. Right now he's balancing the side out beautifully with his positioning, awareness and hard work. He's already sprinkling in some sweet through balls, which so far have been spurned by the offense. It's just a matter of time before he'll start his assists tally... not that it matters a great deal, though, as long as he's playing as well as he is.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
timthumb.php

Ursegor

World Champion
Look how lazy he is. Opponent walking past him and he's just lying there taking a nap. Antimilan warned us tbf.

serghei

I don't think it's a problem at all. Right now he's balancing the side out beautifully with his positioning, awareness and hard work. He's already sprinkling in some sweet through balls, which so far have been spurned by the offense. It's just a matter of time before he'll start his assists tally... not that it matters a great deal, though, as long as he's playing as well as he is.

Messi, playing primarily as a "10", is gonna be an assist machine. Rakitic is as CM as they get, extremely well rounded midfielder -- passes well, has a good shot, very good positioning, disciplined, hard working, down to earth attitude etc. Whoever made the call to buy Raki instead of Kroos should receive a chocolate box with a red rose on top from barcaforum.

BBZ8800

as long as he's playing as well as he is.

He will.
He has some extremely "good/strong" mental/motivational abilities.

He can basically play on the same level for 1000 games in the row.

In Croatian NT team, Modric always has ups and downs. He is either the best or a total flop on the field.
Rakitic is more or less always the same, like the current Barca's Rakitic.

The same was in his previous teams.
I think that we will never see a huge change/drop in form from him, like with Fabregas and some players.

You can rely on him.

Home of Barca Fans