Ivan Rakitić

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Oh you sexy beast Ivan. You always see bus-parking teams play those loose-bouncing headed clearances right in front of the box that could easily be capitalized on by long range shooters but we've never had anyone to deliver that. Yet now, we've finally seen it in action. He pounced on that chance brilliantly and the power/speed of that hit was ridiculous.

Not to mention his last ditch interception in the box. Lucho has really grasped the total football concept and made Rakitic flourish in his midfielder/halfback role. Even if Alves doesn't adhere to the structure of the defensive line, we are covered and safe (though I'd have liked Alves to do much better with his offensive freedom than he did today). Rakitic, you magnificent Croatian man, you've won over the fans in the span of 4 games.

F

Flavia

"Thank God I’ve got my first goal at last. The lads were starting to tease me about it. But the most important thing is to help the team."

Haha, he was being bullied for not scoring :VdB:

BerkeleyBernie

Even when he doesn't have one of his better games he manages to prevent a certain goal and score a screamer. Love this guy.

That goal wasn't that important in the big scheme today, but The Rakitić Rocket will be *very* important in other games this season. Call it Plan BBB: "bunker-breaking bomb." Bus blown to smithereens.

J

Jamie Cal

Had a really poor first half but seemed to improve a bit after his goal. Still, the passing was sloppy.

"Really" poor is very harsh, m8. Sure, touch left a bit to be desired, but lest we forget the state of the pitch and the rain. No one really thrived under it. Plus, him getting back for the block was EXACTLY what we missed last year with Xavi.

BerkeleyBernie

"Really" poor is very harsh, m8. Sure, touch left a bit to be desired, but lest we forget the state of the pitch and the rain. No one really thrived under it. Plus, him getting back for the block was EXACTLY what we missed last year with Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, and Alves.

Fixed. :D

Gaudi

This bombs can be a life-saver, against buses you only need to open them out, then Barca is sailling.

BBZ8800

Plus, you'll see, he won't drop in form as a Season goes by.

He is insane, an awesome guy.
0% of diva in him.

dakt

When he scored, he ran straight to Messi and hugged him. :wub:
So nice to see such a chemistry between our players.

amircule

Neymar (ankle discomfort) and Rakitic (bruised foot) are not training with the group this morning, they are having physiotherapy
Great .....

Home of Barca Fans