Ivan Rakitić

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Crackitic! That sequence of tackles and fighting for the ball before he got subbed :worthy:

Scoring his goal, with his beautiful blonde mane. No homo.

BykJz8IIAAAx6MO.png:large

The Rocket has been practicing that. ;)

pic_2014-09-26_ENTRENO_42-Optimized.v1411732268.JPG

Der Kaiser

Someone who watched Bundesliga 5 years ago might know this:

Do I remember correctly that Rakitic was always portrayed as a very difficult player at Schalke, that he had problems with the coach and didnt want to train? He seems like a really chill guy now at Barca, if he was a troublemaker at Schalke he must have really matured at Sevilla.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Looks like he really settled down then. Good for him, to be able to make something out of his talent and not wasting it away.

footyfan

Calma, calma

Do I remember correctly that Rakitic was always portrayed as a very difficult player at Schalke, that he had problems with the coach and didnt want to train? He seems like a really chill guy now at Barca, if he was a troublemaker at Schalke he must have really matured at Sevilla.

Yes. I remember he was cut from the squad for a couple (?) of games for partying too much.

He was one of the more exciting talents in Bundesliga along with Ozil at that time. Rakitic pretty much took over from Ozil (although I think they had a season together) when Ozil took over from Diego at Werder Bremen. There were also rumours of some problems between him and Ozil and that it was a contributing factor to Ozil leaving.

F

Flavia

Rakitic: "I keep an eye on everything Xavi does and on how he does it - even how he drives his car." [barça tv]

:satorra:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

Yep. I remember thinking; If he is so slow and lazy at 19, he won't make it just riding on his hype and talent.
Something great happened in Sevilla.

Home of Barca Fans