Ivan Rakitić

ammarfcb

ze special one
if you guys don't him that desperately then i'll give ma homie brendan rodgers a call to steal this for 15m

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
It's all over some Swedish media that doesn't usually post crap - 18M and 7M a year. I'm starting to believe we're close to signing him, not at all bad imo - I've been watching him for some time, he does very good and he has more to give. Technical, good passing, fast, strong, good defensively and good shots. We need some more Balkan power, and soon Halilović will come through.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Considering how many touches they both get then the stats suit the argument that Rakitic gives it away more.

He probably has around half the touches Cesc has and gives it away almost as much.

I don't have averages touches, but passes per game are almost identical, and Cesc plays in a better passing team.

Cesc averages 59 passes per game. Rakitic 53 passes per game. I would guess touches would be fairly similar.

Bottom line, your comment that Rakitic loses the ball a lot more than Cesc does not hold water.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It is a bit strange when you think about it. Cesc and Rakitic are similar players and if for whatever reason Cesc doesn't fit in Lucho's plans, how does Rakitic?

xavi_the_Boss

It is a bit strange when you think about it. Cesc and Rakitic are similar players and if for whatever reason Cesc doesn't fit in Lucho's plans, how does Rakitic?

Maybe Cesc wants to leave so they want to replace him with a similar Player?

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I still think it's a good signing but the logic is a bit strange like you say.

Unless cesc is the one who force his move, and not the club pushing him out. This makes sense because of his milf which is what he cares about these days and this shows why we got a low price for him,.... so we get raki as a replacement.

Last edited:

Alarcón

We've been longing to sell Fàbregas in order to buy someone who can actually replace Xavi and is similar to him in playing style, I don't know whether Rakitic will be that guy but if not, we need to get another CM.

Rakitic for 15-20 is a steal tbh and we could easily buy another midfielder if we wanted to.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
We've been longing to sell Fàbregas in order to buy someone who can actually replace Xavi and is similar to him in playing style, I don't know whether Rakitic will be that guy but if not, we need to get another CM.

Rakitic for 15-20 is a steal tbh and we could easily buy another midfielder if we wanted to.

We should, replace Song with somebody that can play something in-between the Xavi and Busi role, a box-to-box CM like Gundogan or Jorginho - Any of those 2 would come for around 20M.

screamer

In our national team he doesnt perform well and I never saw him as a player who could play at barca but he performs well in sevilla so I dont know maybe he deserves a chance.

You must be joking, he's great in out national team - our best midfielder in the last wc qualifications... the one who doesn't perform well is modric tbh

We did play him as a winger who mostly cut inside when he was younger but that wasn't his problem.

I must admit I'm pretty excited because I'm a croatian and we never had any Barca players so signing 2 this year makes me very proud - I only hope it's all true

One slight addition on Rakitic - one thing people don't say about him, that's true - his set pieces are world class!

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
c59e072c96d416bc7c8dfa64a445a57f.gif

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
If Cesc failed because he didn't fit your system then why will Rakitic succeed?

Don't get me wrong Rakitic is a very good player but I struggle to see how he fits your current system. Cesc who is a superior player struggles to fit in the system so I don't get that. Unless the system is going to change of course.

J

José Mourinho

Don't know how to feel about that really. I like him and I think he's a great player but good enough to be a starter at Barca? I doubt it.

i agree, no starter for me.
20mio are good but 8mio a year have to be a joke

Home of Barca Fans