Ivan Rakitić

IMO, Rakitić is very good player, but not Barca level player.

Modrić is much, much better... just my oppinion.

I hope I'm tottaly wrong and he'll prove to me in next years...

I'm curious as to how you are even comparing Rakitic and Modric.
They both are CM's, I agree, but the similarities end there. Their roles are vastly different right now at Barcelona and Madrid.

Modric is a player who sets the tempo for the team. A conductor in the center of the park who generals the team's offense. It's the holding mid-field role that Xavi, Pirlo and Scholes perfected over the years. Modric is easily the best holding mid-fielder right now.

Rakitic, is not that. Rakitic is a B2B player, who can also play CAM. He works so hard at both ends of the pitch. Watch how he runs during the goal against City. A perfect example of how a B2B contributes to both attack to defense.

Comparing Rakitic and Modric is like comparing the taste of a red apple with a green apple. Sure, they're similar in some respects but very different on other respects.

Last year wasn't enough ?

He played very good-but not brilliantly. Had some moments... but as a whole season? He is very good but he's not Barca level.

Too slow, takes him too much to react, not that good passer as I thought... Iniesta (in his prime) turns around his axis and gives pass 3 times faster.

Please, colegues, don't be offended, it's just my oppinion-and it could be tottaly wrong. He'll have enough time to prove me wrong, won't he? :rakitic:

Jombi

He played very good-but not brilliantly. Had some moments... but as a whole season? He is very good but he's not Barca level.

Too slow, takes him too much to react, not that good passer as I thought... Iniesta (in his prime) turns around his axis and gives pass 3 times faster.

Please, colegues, don't be offended, it's just my oppinion-and it could be tottaly wrong. He'll have enough time to prove me wrong, won't he? :rakitic:

no worries. All opinions should be respected.

F

Flavia

Now we are getting emotional... no need for that: I said my oppinion, you keep yours. I am not trying to insult anybody, honestly, just think Rakitić is not "creme de la creme" we deserve as best club in the world. Peace :rakitic:

Not emotional, no. Just find your reasoning weird. Rakitic, who played very well and helped the team enormously to win a treble is not good enough(or pique), but lukaku, coleman and some other everton players are.

Bran the Greenseer

I mean, he's not a maestro like Iniesta/Xavi but in lucho's system even Iniesta doesn't play like his usual self most of the time. I mean how many other B2B players have Rakitic's playmaking abilities? Not the best midfielder in the world but I believe he is world-class. You don't dominate the champions of england,italy,spain,france,europe and germany without everyone in your midfield being world-class.

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
of course Modric is better than Rakitic! But 'Rakitić is not "creme de la creme" we deserve as best club in the world' is Florentino Perez's kind of thinking. You never have best players for each position! We had Victor Valdes, Eto'o, Sylvinho starting the Champions League final the last time we won the treble! Only Eto'o amongst them was ever considered 'creme de la creme'!

Last edited:

JamDav1982

of course Modric is better than Rakitic! But 'Rakitić is not "creme de la creme" we deserve as best club in the world' is Florentino Perez's kind of thinking. You never have best players for each position! We had Victor Valdes, Eto'o, Sylvinho starting the Champions League final the last time we won the treble! Only Eto'o amongst them was ever considered 'creme de la creme'!

Why mention Etoo then?

JamDav1982

He was not considered so at that point in time when he was our starter... In fact he was not considered so by our own then-manager

Etoo was without a doubt considered one of best CFs in the world back then.

Pep wanted rid of him due to his attitude not his ability.

Edit: Just checked and the world player of the year vote had Etoo as the 2nd highest CF in 2008 behind Torres who scored Spains winning goal tt the euros.

He had been higher before that.

El Flaco

If some people are saying that Modric and Rakitic can't be compared, then what about Messi vs. Cristiano?

Especially when they're obviously different kind of players and have different role for their respective club.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

If some people are saying that Modric and Rakitic can't be compared, then what about Messi vs. Cristiano

Especially when they're obviously different kind of players and have different role for their respective club.

One person said that, I don't think it's a general opinion.
I think Modric is overall a better player, but last season Rakitic was better for his team.

JamDav1982

When fit last season Modric was much better than Rakitic for me.

He was arguably their most influential player after Ronaldo. Rakitic was not even close to that for Barca.

In the Classico games Modric completely dominated him as well.

Morten

One person said that, I don't think it's a general opinion.
I think Modric is overall a better player, but last season Rakitic was better for his team.

That doesnt mean much, as Modric was injuried pretty much half the season. So, Arbeloa would do a better job in midfield than Modric last season.

Home of Barca Fans