Jack Wilshere

gingerless

Wilshere is a closer replacement to Xavi than Fabregas is IMO. And I'm not saying Wilshere is as good as Xavi or just like him, just that I think from watching them both, he'd be a better eventual replacement.

But Barcelona don't want him according to Pep and he won't leave so it's irrelevant.

no, i still think cesc would be better for the job even though i don't want him. he looks up to guardiola and was at barcelona at a young age etc. that is what a xavi replacement should be, someone loyal and from the team at a young age (i'm not saying he's loyal or not) that, i think, in guardiola's eyes is what is most important

Bergkamp10

no, i still think cesc would be better for the job even though i don't want him. he looks up to guardiola and was at barcelona at a young age etc. that is what a xavi replacement should be, someone loyal and from the team at a young age (i'm not saying he's loyal or not) that, i think, in guardiola's eyes is what is most important

I wouldn't say Fabregas is a great representation of loyalty towards Barcelona tbf.

Wlishere was good on Wednesday, though he'll struggle badly at the Camp Nou.

That's what everyone said before the first leg. I don't think we'll win but there's no guarantee's Wilshere will struggle, he's certainly not short of the confidence to shine in another huge game.

SwiftGuyver

Wilshere is a closer replacement to Xavi than Fabregas is IMO. And I'm not saying Wilshere is as good as Xavi or just like him, just that I think from watching them both, he'd be a better eventual replacement.

But Barcelona don't want him according to Pep and he won't leave so it's irrelevant.

yeah i agree...

i think Cesc can play the Xavi role though it's just he is needed for another job at Arsenal...

if he does come back to us i feel confident he can play deeper...i mean he has done in the past and it is the role he grew up learning...so...

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
I wouldn't say Fabregas is a great representation of loyalty towards Barcelona tbf.

That's what everyone said before the first leg. I don't think we'll win but there's no guarantee's Wilshere will struggle, he's certainly not short of the confidence to shine in another huge game.

True, but the Camp Nou is something else.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Joe Cole had the potential to play anywhere in his young days mate, bit like Steven Gerrard, though Cole was never tried in central midfield. Mourinho made him work on the defensive side of his play when he took over and he developed into one of the most hard-working, technically gifted players in the Premiership from 2005-2007. Never had to be as influential with us as he was with West Ham with a midfield of Makelele, Lampard and Tiago/Essien.

Wilshere on the other hand has the luxury of having Arsene Wenger for guidence. Rather than force the lad out wide or play him in a more attacking role, he's put him centrally, and it's paying off. He's learning different positions, and I imagine Wenger is looking to get someone like Wilshere and Ramsay ready for that position when Fabregas inevitably goes back to Barcelona. He's got the brains to do it, but in terms of pure style, Wilshere is exactly what Cole was like at 19, just a bit more talented.

Joe Cole was mentally fragile and inconsistent. A shit player, very good footballer.

Wilshere has the ingredients of being a solid player through and through but he needs to take his performance against Barcelona and make it his norm and push himself even more. Reset the standards and raise the bar.

E

Eazy E

Wilshere is nothing like Joe Cole, I agree with the people who say he's like Iniesta.

But I find these comparisons a bit silly, Wilshere is Wilshere just like Messi is Messi and not the new Maradona.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
you people forget just how good Joe Cole was, methinks.

he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. the English league was no place for small, skilled players back then. nor was Harry Redknapp, or Ranieri, or Mourinho, the ideal coaches to train him. he needed someone like Wenger or Ferguson when he was younger. they'd have made a god out of him.

E

Eazy E

The-Gallery-Jack-Wilshere-008.jpg

Home of Barca Fans