Jack Wilshere

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
you people forget just how good Joe Cole was, methinks.

he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. the English league was no place for small, skilled players back then. nor was Harry Redknapp, or Ranieri, or Mourinho, the ideal coaches to train him. he needed someone like Wenger or Ferguson when he was younger. they'd have made a god out of him.

That could be said about a lot of players, though, I loved him for a year and a half perhaps but after that he really fell of my list and rapidly. God though is far fetched.

Sewelly

The-Gallery-Jack-Wilshere-008.jpg

That's one of the creepiest things I've ever seen.

S

Scooner

Ah is it not real. I was going to ask if anyone knew Arsene's Hand moisturiser

J

julialonso

Jack is still very young, he has an undeniable talent, but does not mean he will be a great player.

Robbie

With talented players, the ones that don't make it are the ones that don't work hard enough or let the fame get to their heads. Jack works ridiculously hard and never lets matches overwhelm him. Still, I'm worried that playing for England (and the hero to zero targetting by the media after every match) will burn him out.

Bergkamp10

With talented players, the ones that don't make it are the ones that don't work hard enough or let the fame get to their heads. Jack works ridiculously hard and never lets matches overwhelm him. Still, I'm worried that playing for England (and the hero to zero targetting by the media after every match) will burn him out.

I'm more worried about him hanging round with the likes of Cashley and 'JT'. He shouldn't associate himself with those kind of idiots.

Robbie

Cashley used to be such a humble guy too, and it sounds ridiculous now but I thought he was future captain material in the invincibles season. Money + fame corrupted him, and he was a local lad who came from the academy through all levels. You really never know how young players will turn out.

poncirus

Wilshere will be very good player, no question about that. From what I see his head is in the right place and he's a hard worker.

However, I'm not convinced he'll be THE very top midfielder in the mould of Zidane, Xavi, Scholes, Gerrard, Cesc, Iniesta...

He has great ability, workrate and footballing brain, but lacks that extra something in his game. The thing he's really good at, better than 99% of the rest, which makes a great player.

Like Dejan Stankovic from Inter. He was also huge talent at the very young age and went to Lazio for good money. He had great strength, all around ability and maturity for a player of his age, but was also not extraordinary good at anything. He turned out to be a very good player throughout career, but nothing like a world beater.

When you looked at Scholes and Iniesta, players Wilshere resembles the most IMO (small, dynamic, mobile, hard working, technically excellent), and who started their careers at similar position on the pitch, it was clear from the start one had brilliant end product and other was ridiculously comfortable on the ball.

Maybe tenacity and aggression is Wilshere's thing?

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Wilshere will be very good player, no question about that. From what I see his head is in the right place and he's a hard worker.

However, I'm not convinced he'll be THE very top midfielder in the mould of Zidane, Xavi, Scholes, Gerrard, Cesc, Iniesta...

He has great ability, workrate and footballing brain, but lacks that extra something in his game. The thing he's really good at, better than 99% of the rest, which makes a great player.

Like Dejan Stankovic from Inter. He was also huge talent at the very young age and went to Lazio for good money. He had great strength, all around ability and maturity for a player of his age, but was also not extraordinary good at anything. He turned out to be a very good player throughout career, but nothing like a world beater.

When you looked at Scholes and Iniesta, players Wilshere resembles the most IMO (small, dynamic, mobile, hard working, technically excellent), and who started their careers at similar position on the pitch, it was clear from the start one had brilliant end product and other was ridiculously comfortable on the ball.

Maybe tenacity and aggression is Wilshere's thing?

COuldnt have said it better myself.

O

OhYeahReally

I'm a big fan of the kid even as a United fan. As for what poncirus said and the kid above from Scotland agreeing with him, surprise, surprise re:- England :zzz:

Wilshere already looks a world beater, Xavi didn't stand out as one of the world's best up until a few years ago and Scholes (how good he's been all his career) as never been able to tackle and i can't remember Scholes being this good at 18-19, it took Scholes up until about 22 to look like a potential footballing great. Wilshere's standing out now at 18-19 years old, didn't look out of place playing against 2 of 2010's top 3 Ballon d'ore nominations Xavi and Iniesta (if anything outshone) and stood out in yesterdays Carling Cup final just as he's done all this season.

The guy is already one of the world's best in his field, i can't think of many more better and is only going to get better, good thing from an England pov is we have another coming through in Josh McEachran who looks like Wilshere's clone, those 2 could very well be the next Xavi and Iniesta - typical with England though like a London bus, we've been lacking these types of players for years and then 2 or more comes along at once :shakeshead:

J

JackWilshere19

Wilshere's end product might not be the best but Cesc was also the same when he started at Arsenal. Wilshere in his youth days would get 10-15 goals from midfield. Infact he even played on the right and would beat people and score from the right. Also he is 19 years old. Jack has never been given the chance to play at the top of our midfield three. When Cesc is out Wenger for some reason picks the useless Rosicky there. At this moment he does everything. A Jack of all trades if you like. But in the future he would surely follow the same path as Cesc and move forward so he can get a better chance to improve his end product. To expcect a kid to have end product and also all things Jack has now really is asking for a once in a lifetime player. Most ex pro's in this country have said Jack is the best midfield talent they have seen since Gazza.

Bergkamp10

I'm a big fan of the kid even as a United fan. As for what poncirus said and the kid above from Scotland agreeing with him, surprise, surprise re:- England :zzz:

Wilshere already looks a world beater, Xavi didn't stand out as one of the world's best up until a few years ago and Scholes (how good he's been all his career) as never been able to tackle and i can't remember Scholes being this good at 18-19, it took Scholes up until about 22 to look like a potential footballing great. Wilshere's standing out now at 18-19 years old, didn't look out of place playing against 2 of 2010's top 3 Ballon d'ore nominations Xavi and Iniesta (if anything outshone) and stood out in yesterdays Carling Cup final just as he's done all this season.

The guy is already one of the world's best in his field, i can't think of many more better and is only going to get better, good thing from an England pov is we have another coming through in Josh McEachran who looks like Wilshere's clone, those 2 could very well be the next Xavi and Iniesta - typical with England though like a London bus, we've been lacking these types of players for years and then 2 or more comes along at once :shakeshead:

I agree mate. But English players rarely get credit on here. If he was called Wilsheredinho it would be a very different story.

COuldnt have said it better myself.

Not hard when all you post is :lol: or :worthy: tbf..

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
Wilshere's end product might not be the best but Cesc was also the same when he started at Arsenal. Wilshere in his youth days would get 10-15 goals from midfield. Infact he even played on the right and would beat people and score from the right. Also he is 19 years old. Jack has never been given the chance to play at the top of our midfield three. When Cesc is out Wenger for some reason picks the useless Rosicky there. At this moment he does everything. A Jack of all trades if you like. But in the future he would surely follow the same path as Cesc and move forward so he can get a better chance to improve his end product. To expcect a kid to have end product and also all things Jack has now really is asking for a once in a lifetime player. Most ex pro's in this country have said Jack is the best midfield talent they have seen since Gazza.

paul-scholes.jpg

Home of Barca Fans