Jack Wilshere

gunnerthoughts

Getting fouled and getting tackled are two different things though. Getting fouled means the opposition didn't win the ball, getting tackled means they did. I'm getting these stats from opta, and they say he didn't lose the ball once.

I thought he had a fantastic game - one of his best yet. This is coming from someone that admits he hasn't been great this season at all yet. He was even voted our man of the match and Wenger said he's finally looking like he's back on top of his game.

Robbie

I thought Wilshere was brilliant in that game. Not much you can do when you're playing with 10 men and lost the best defender in the club at that.

AvocadoCake

Getting fouled and getting tackled are two different things though. Getting fouled means the opposition didn't win the ball, getting tackled means they did. I'm getting these stats from opta, and they say he didn't lose the ball once.

I thought he had a fantastic game - one of his best yet. This is coming from someone that admits he hasn't been great this season at all yet. He was even voted our man of the match and Wenger said he's finally looking like he's back on top of his game.

Yeah he actually looked good that game (probably the only Arsenal player you can say that about, although Wojciech was pretty good.

SwiftGuyver

if they can avoid serious injuries i reckon the next decade of football will be dominated by Thiago, Neymar, Deulofeu, Götze, Isco & Wilshere...

oh and :messi: of course...

Robbie

His best match in an Arsenal shirt so far. MotM even without the goal

iNwSZ0SX80lF4.gif

:worthy:

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Wilshere was really good today, running at 3-4 people constantly, passing was accurate. Ran the game, too bad his teammates were awful.

Jenks

The only way I see him leaving is if Arsenal drop out of the top four for a couple of seasons, or if Arsenal try to cash in. I don't doubt him though when he says he wants to stay at Arsenal and succeed there most of all.

Robbie

The only way I see him leaving is if Arsenal drop out of the top four for a couple of seasons, or if Arsenal try to cash in. I don't doubt him though when he says he wants to stay at Arsenal and succeed there most of all.

There was a time when I thought Ashley Cole was going to be our future captain, and he was at the club since age 9. The England NT, WAG culture, and money changed him. I don't see that happening with Jack, but if we really go down the shitter, anything can happen.

S

Smile

Wilshere seems loyal as they come but loyalty always goes so far when a club as zero ambition which Arsenal seem to lack, Liverpool have been a joke recent seasons but least you can say they don’t lack ambition with the money they spend ‘trying’ to improve.

Hope Arsenal miss out on the Champions League this season, may open Wenger’s eyes that he needs to spend, although I think Wenger is a overrated manager and rather rubbish in the transfer market anyway but that’s a different story.

In short though, if I was a chairman or club owner, no way would I trust Wenger with £20m/£30m of my hard earned cash, you know where it’s going to go already, either on French or French based players who will do naff all anyway.

gunnerthoughts

Lol what the hell, Smile? What a load of rubbish.

How does spending equate to ambition? In that case QPR would be amongst the most ambitious in the league.

Not sure if you know how Arsenal works, but the current transfer policy was planned long before the Emirates was built, nothing to do with Wenger. £400M debt from a new stadium, no financial backing from any owners, means that we'll have to spend what we earn, and not even all of it since we'll have to recover the debt from the stadium. Sugar daddies coming in for Chelsea/City coincided with our decline in power, so overall it looks worse on us.

Net spend in transfer fees, since Wenger took charge, he has been amongst the bottom 5 in the league, but has won 3 PL titles (the second most of any manager), how is that rubbish in the transfer market? If Wenger is rubbish, then Guardiola is abysmal in the transfer market, lol.

And 'French or French based players who will do naff all'? Seems like an outdated opinion, in all honesty. When we did buy French players, many were world class and many of them World Cup and Euro winners. Now we're basing a team around a British core, many of whom will be starters for England soon, and many of the youth coming up are Spanish/German, not French.

S

Smile

And it’s took him 10-15 years to realise you get more loyalty buying British players for a British club? :lol:

It’s not rubbish at all, if Arsenal are a club with ambition then why do they sell their best talent? Why do these players want to leave first place? Do you want me to show you a RVP interview to hear what he as to say on this?

Most of Wenger’s signings have been abysmal, most Arsenal’s Carling cup darlings fail to make the grade and (as said) ones that do leave after 2 to 3 years, therefore you have to spend replacing these class players who leave with equally class players or even classier, Arsenal don’t which means the club lacks ambition.

80% of Wenger’s signings have been French players or players who play in the French League, 70% probably all been failures, the man himself also living on his past reputation from a decade ago he’s gone from being ‘the professor’ to being ‘the clown’ everyone laughs at him, even Arsenal fans.

Class managers (like Sir Alex) bring players from youth along with spending money on transfers in area’s that you need and guess what it wins trophy’s, Wenger does not do this apart from (as said) overpaying for average French or French based players, is that the sign of a top manager seemingly limited to only buying from 1 league (that is average) and overpaying at that? No way would I give that man £30 million of my money to do what he would like with.

If Arsenal are a club with ‘ambition’ to win the Premier League in the next few years, they would be making a big step forward bringing in someone else with new ideas because Wenger run out of them a decade ago and he only had 1 at that, which was successful, but since he failed to build on success with other successful teams, not the sign of a top manager I’m afraid.

Home of Barca Fans