Jack Wilshere

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Yeh Wilshere has been slightly overshadowed by Ramsey's rapid development. But there's no doubt the kid has plenty of talent and hopefully he realises this potential. He could be a major factor for England at least by WC2014, possibly Euro2012.

F

FCB_Titi_LB

First of all: jack looks like a nice talent. So thanks for the introduction and the thread.
But why is it when EPL fans see a technical gifted dribbler, they compare them to legendary players. Why do people say : he is or gonna be A MESSI. It will take decades before we gonna see someone like Messi again.
He is young, he can become a messi? Messi won Argentina the World Cup under 20 when he was around that age (or 17 whatever). He was top scorer and he was player of the tournament.

Elite-BkD

Messi was 18 when he played Chelsea, Real Madrid, Werder, Atletico, Athletic etc. etc. etc. and at 17 he played Shakhtar (these are all starts) and came on as a sub against Espanyol and Getafe, for example. And he was already ripping teams apart.

Well for one, most of those teams weren't exactly loaded with worldclass defenders. I think we should probably wait about a year to analyze how Wilshere was at 18. As for Wilshere vs Messi at 17 they seem fairly comparable, though it's not a huge difference that separates the top players of a generation from the top players ever.

zanela

The boy got loads of potential but it's still too early to tell. I just wish ppl can stop making these comparisons which honestly is futile & stupid. He doesn't 've to be the new messi or someone else. He can make a name of his own if he works hard & remains focused.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
Dont know if there is a thread or not, but i watched him in Pre-Season and was very impressed, was wondering how everyone rated this kid compared to Aaron ramsay?

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
He's extremely gifted, more so than Ramsey imo (although Ramsey was pretty explosive at times, too, pre-Shawcross).

Problem is Arsenal have about a thousand AMs...

Trequartista

The good
He will not have any minutes with Arsenal I think,they should farm him on loan,I think that they consider him as Cesc's long term replacement,He looks one of he best talents in England.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Both very good players IMO. Similar in style, but both have huge potential. Wilshere especially could be key for England in the future. Whether he'll get the minutes at Arsenal I'm not sure, unless we buy Cesc which will possibly open a gap for him. He was very impressive for Bolton last season.

Trequartista

The good
Both very good players IMO. Similar in style, but both have huge potential. Wilshere especially could be key for England in the future. Whether he'll get the minutes at Arsenal I'm not sure, unless we buy Cesc which will possibly open a gap for him. He was very impressive for Bolton last season.

He is not ready yet to fill in Cesc's boots,Thats why they want to keep Cesc for another 2-3 seasons until he develops.

Bergkamp10

Not really. Both technically gifted but Ramsey is more of a complete CM while Wilshere is a very attack minded midfielder/wide player. Another youngster to look out for is Emmanuel Frimpong who's a defensive midfielder. Can play for England or Ghana.

It's hard to compare Ramsey to another player, I suppose he's pretty similar to Fabregas but tackles more and is quicker. Whilst Wilshere is more like a Iniesta type I suppose, reminds me of Hleb/Joe Cole a lot.

Last edited:

Trequartista

The good
Not really. Both technically gifted but Ramsey is more of a complete CM while Wilshere is a very attack minded midfielder/wide player. Another youngster to look out for is Emmanuel Frimpong who's a defensive midfielder. Can play for England or Ghana.

It's hard to compare Ramsey to another player, I suppose he's pretty similar to Fabregas but tackles more and is quicker. Whilst Wilshere is more like a Iniesta type I suppose, reminds me of Hleb/Joe Cole a lot.
like Hleb,Sign him.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt

:lol: there is no one other than Zidane that is like Iniesta. wilshere is overrated.
and I love how you make it sound like Ramsey is better than Cesc.

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
If Ramsey is reminiscent of anyone, it's Gerrard imo (albeit without some of his flaws). Similar kind of explosive central-midfielder.

Bergkamp10

:lol: there is no one other than Zidane that is like Iniesta. wilshere is overrated.
and I love how you make it sound like Ramsey is better than Cesc.
I said similar in style, not exactly like him? Jesus calm down. And I didn't make Ramsey sound better than Fabregas, Ramsey is more defensive and has more pace, that's just a fact. Fabregas is a lot more attacking while Ramsey is a more of complete central midfielder. It's hard to compare him to anyone, a more defensive Fabregas was the only player I could think of. He's 18 years old and already over rated? Jeez, leave the poor lad be, have you ever even seen him play him play more than like 5 games? He's not over rated, he's very talented and will be a top player for Arsenal. There are some good youngsters outside of la massia you know.

Yeah Gerrard's a good comparison although Gerrard has no tactical discipline (but Rambo does) and can't stay in a central midfield role so has to have his own free role.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans