Jack Wilshere

C

Carefree

Jack Rodwell perhaps, but Jack Wilshere no way. He's still tactically naive and is over-zealous in the tackle, though understandable given he's stil 18 years of age. Definately one for the future, and may need Cesc Fabregas to move on to Barcelona in future in order to fully express himself on the Arsenal first team.

Barcafan 2304

Getting better all the time. He looks the part and very skilful, i like him and UK football could do with a few more like him!

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
this would be my choice for the England squad at the mo...

...........................Hart................................
G. Johnson....Richards......Cahill.............Cole
...................Rodwell...................................
...............................Wilshere......................
Lennon..............................................A. Johnson
...................Gerrard...................................
...............................Rooney.......................

Subs:
Foster
Shawcross
Gibbs
Cattermole
Spearing
Walcott
Welbeck
Sturridge

Spearing :lol: :lol:

Bergkamp10

Not even close to being in the same class as Fabregas, even at the same age.

From someone who's watched both Wilshere and Fabregas a lot at a similar age I can honestly say that there's a not a great deal in it although at 18 Fabregas was better. They're different types of players though and Fabregas has benefited from learning from the likes of Bergkamp, Vieira, Gilberto etc. I think Jack can play at a similar level, will he be as good? Doubt it but you never know.

Bergkamp10

Was immense today against Chelsea. Passed well, was creative and defended well. What a talent, I'm actually changing my original opinion that Cesc was better at 18. He's going one of the best players in the world. England should build their team around him now as Germany have for Ozil. I'd like to see him ahead of Lampard because he's always poor for England and looks like a different player from the one at Chelsea.

Trequartista

The good
Was immense today against Chelsea. Passed well, was creative and defended well. What a talent, I'm actually changing my original opinion that Cesc was better at 18. He's going one of the best players in the world. England should build their team around him now as Germany have for Ozil. I'd like to see him ahead of Lampard because he's always poor for England and looks like a different player from the one at Chelsea.

yeah he was great(based on the first half I catched) in his deeply role

C

Carefree

Huh? Cesc Fabregas was a class well above Jack Wilshere when he was 18 years old. Have to remember that when he was that age he was forcing his way into the Arsenal side that had just gone the season unbeaten. The following season went on to become a mainstay in the first team making 40+ appearances. By the time he was 19 years old, he was bossing the likes of Real Madrid in the Champions League.

Jack Wilshere played well yesterday. Kept the ball moving but was inevitably overpowered by Essien and Mikel and gradually became less and less involved as play went on. No doubt he's got a terrific future ahead of him, but not even in the same stratesphere as Fabregas was when he was the same age. Like Messi, it's staggering to think he's still only 23 years old!

Bergkamp10

Huh? Cesc Fabregas was a class well above Jack Wilshere when he was 18 years old. Have to remember that when he was that age he was forcing his way into the Arsenal side that had just gone the season unbeaten. The following season went on to become a mainstay in the first team making 40+ appearances. By the time he was 19 years old, he was bossing the likes of Real Madrid in the Champions League.

Jack Wilshere played well yesterday. Kept the ball moving but was inevitably overpowered by Essien and Mikel and gradually became less and less involved as play went on. No doubt he's got a terrific future ahead of him, but not even in the same stratesphere as Fabregas was when he was the same age. Like Messi, it's staggering to think he's still only 23 years old!

He was not 'a class above'. Their levels were very similar and I personally think that Wilshere is slightly better at the same age. This is only judged by what I've seen of them in the league and maybe my statement will be fairer when Wilshere's played in the CL but in the league, Fabregas could sometimes suffer against the more physical teams at 18 but Wilshere rises to it which is why I prefer him at that age.

Yesterday, he wasn't overpowered at all. He moved the ball well, tackled hard and wasn't dominated at all. Did you not see that the minute he went off, Chelsea had more possesion got their second? All of our moves yesterday came through him. He's a sensational player and to suggest Fabregas was a different class to him at the same age is wrong because I've never seen Fabregas have as good a game against Chelsea as Wilshere did yesterday. Fabregas is always useless against them.

Robbie

I love it when players become world class. Everyone forgets how much work they had to do to get there, and how much improvements they had to make. Cesc used to be the most lightweight player ever, and even Ashley Cole wrote in his book that he was a 'featherweight' that would never be suited to the premier league. He also couldn't hit a barndoor until the last couple years. It was hard work and learning under Wenger that made him the prolific scorer/assister he is now, and the same will happen with Wilshere.

Home of Barca Fans