Jack Wilshere

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
WILSHERELIVERPOOL1.png

won't happen i know :(
is it Vermaelen in the back? He almost did a Caceres :lol:

Cristofol

Wilshere is a little pit bull fantastic talent, Arsenal must be thrilled about his contract extension.
Though they have all been trying so hard to dedicate their time stressing how 'Cazorla is better than Fàbregas' they probably haven't noticed how great Jack has been :lol:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Wilshere is a little pit bull fantastic talent, Arsenal must be thrilled about his contract extension.
Though they have all been trying so hard to dedicate their time stressing how 'Cazorla is better than Fàbregas' they probably haven't noticed how great Jack has been :lol:

well, they're right

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I think there should be a winter break, but the Capital One Cup is good fun. And yes, young English talents are always overplayed, Wilshere especially. I hope he doesn't burn out, as he's got a lot of potential. I think we've (Barca) managed our youth well this season, giving them bits of gametime so they're happy but not overplaying them at all. Then again, that's because we have so much depth...

S

Smile

I thought Wilshere was awful against City, never usually gives the ball away, but lost it quite often today.

I wouldn't say he's overrated! If Spain (or any country) produced him instead of England he'd still be a massive talent, i'm not sure how Wilshere perceived outside Britain though, probably a talent since finished 2nd behind Balotelli as Europes best young player 1 year but i'm sure not as hyped as he is over here. I agree he need to slow himself down, he slides into pointless tackles and you just feel he's a player who might be on the treatment table quite a lot if he doesn't slow it down a bit.

I disagree about Premier League teams over playing players too, Spanish football teams regaully start with the same 11 evey week, big teams in England rotate every game, espcially Man United's you have just as much chance winning the lottery than guessing a Sir Alex team.

Jenks

He's been below par for his standards the last couple of games. He's being overplayed again by Wenger, who them goes on to whine when he gets called up for England duty, which is annoying. He really needs a break. He's just come back from a 16 moth injury for fuck sake, which was largely due to overplaying in the first place.

AvocadoCake

Smile, it's not just about how much they play, it's about when. Look at the cautious treatment Villa is getting. It could well be called over-caution, but even once declared fit he wasn't just thrown in to the 11 like Diaby was against City.

S

Smile

Or maybe Villa doesn’t start because Barca don’t need him to? Just how Vidic isn’t for United, how Ramsey never for Arsenal.

If Messi got injured, Xavi or Iniesta. If these players were training and declared fit I believe they would play, no matter how long they been out because they are key players and players who Barcelona’s whole play revolve around. This is the case for Wilshere and Arsenal, he’s quite possibly the most important player for them, so yeah i don't buy into the idea that this is a PL club thing, it would happen anywhere.

As for Diaby, he won't play all the time, just as Abidal won't when he comes back, but i would put my money on Abidal playing for Barca within 3 to 4 weeks of him being back in training.

Last edited:

gunnerthoughts

I thought Wilshere was awful against City, never usually gives the ball away, but lost it quite often today.

He in fact was dispossessed 0 times, and committed 0 turnovers. He also only misplaced 5 passes, so he never 'lost it quite often'. If you're referring to getting fouled, he was fouled a whopping 7 times. But that doesn't count as losing the ball.

S

Smile

He in fact was dispossessed 0 times, and committed 0 turnovers. He also only misplaced 5 passes, so he never 'lost it quite often'. If you're referring to getting fouled, he was fouled a whopping 7 times. But that doesn't count as losing the ball.

Why did you just quote me as though I'm completely wrong, but then said the exact same thing i said :icon_neutral: (see highlighted) that is "a lot" for Jack Wilshere, would you say he had an excellent game? And out of curiosity where are you getting these stats from? From the top of my head i remember him being dispossessed on 1 occasion 1st half and i just thought by his own standards its one of the worst allround games I've seen from him, this is just my opinion i must add and i'm as big fan of Jack Wilshere fan as they come, he just looked sluggish and i thought he did too previous game although not as bad as he did against City.

Fatigue (as a previous poster said) you could put it down to due to playing too much since coming back from injury.

Home of Barca Fans