Jadon Sancho

Sorin

I've been arguing this for a while now. United were the best team in England and top 3 in the world for much of CR7's tenure at United. RM was only relatively weak in 09-10 in CR7's first season but stacked otherwise all the other years. While Juve isn't out and out strong right now, they're still formidable. It's not like the dude is joining Napoli, Chelsea, or AM and lifting them to titles.

Messi had an extraordinary support cast from 08-12 and 14-15, true. But he's also had to deal with some poor (by elite standards) squads in 12-13, 17-18, 18-19, and maybe even 13-14.

Manager wise, it's not even comparable. SAF, Jose, Ancelotti, Zidane for CR7 versus Pep, Rijkaard, and Lucho for Messi.

Exactly. People act like he played for some middle of the pack teams while scoring 100 goals each season. He was, without exception, on the team with the most money and power in each country.

This "only done it in one league" shit is even more funny coming from Manchester United fans who who will argue that Ferguson is the GOAT(for good reason). The guy spent almost his entire career as the manager of one team, in one league, and they will tell you how hard was to win with different generations of players. Messi is almost the same, he debuted in 2003 as a 16yo, played and won next to Ronaldinho and Deco, then won next to Iniesta and Xavi, then the same thing with Suarez and Neymar and hopefully he will do it after Suarez has left. All brilliant teams and teammates of course but different in style, strengths, positions etc. and the only constant in these teams has been Messi. The argument of one league doesn't hold any water and is stupid as fuck.

FinBarcelonafan

Ronaldo is the more efficient scorer in the big games. This is important and one of the reasons Madrid won 4 CLs in the last 6 years.

You can't just ignore that. Ronaldo is the better striker, Messi is the better player.

Real is maybe the luckiest team in the history to win the CL three times in a row. Remember all those lucky moments? I guess not many do. The offside goals Ronaldo scored vs Bayern. Bullshit red card. Man, they got away with a lot.

Ramos should have been out vs Liverpool. Concussing goalie and Salah arm grab.

Bayern goalie gifting Benzema a goal.

Of course,it's nearly impossible to win the CL without a bit of luck but they had enormous amount of it. Year after year scandalous decisions.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Thought he played very well off the bench, apart from the Neymar hotdogging that saw him get fouled hard a few times. Still, gotta wonder what sort of mentality/attitude the kid has considering the way he buggered off from one club after another and Favre citing his focus - great talent but good teammate ultimately?

Caveat Emptor

snowy

Thought he played very well off the bench, apart from the Neymar hotdogging that saw him get fouled hard a few times. Still, gotta wonder what sort of mentality/attitude the kid has considering the way he buggered off from one club after another and Favre citing his focus - great talent but good teammate ultimately?

Caveat Emptor

There's definitely tensions in the air suggesting he might leave as soon as this coming mercato. Would be dope if Barto could exploit that and sign him! Liv and Real also named as possible destinations. Doubt he chooses Man U

https://www.businessinsider.de/jadon-sancho-being-humiliated-and-scapegoated-by-struggling-dortmund-2019-11

His team-play is pretty sharp. Often looks for 1-2s, smart passes and assists. I can see him jiving with similar quality, quick thinking m8s. Best player for me on the pitch the other day after Messi.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
There's definitely tensions in the air suggesting he might leave as soon as this coming mercato. Would be dope if Barto could exploit that and sign him! Liv and Real also named as possible destinations. Doubt he chooses Man U

https://www.businessinsider.de/jado...nd-scapegoated-by-struggling-dortmund-2019-11

His team-play is pretty sharp. Often looks for 1-2s, smart passes and assists. I can see him jiving with similar quality, quick thinking m8s. Best player for me on the pitch the other day after Messi.

It tells you something though that Dortmund are happy to see the back of him

snowy

It tells you something though that Dortmund are happy to see the back of him

Agreed he's no N'Golo. It's risky as he might be a diva but still worth the try. Dude's qual! Maybe Favre is a complete idiot for alienating him like that... Let their loss be our win.

Besides, I'm sure Valv can give him a mood booster and turn him around haha

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Agreed he's no N'Golo. It's risky as he might be a diva but still worth the try. Dude's qual! Maybe Favre is a complete idiot for alienating him like that... Let their loss be our win.

Besides, I'm sure Valv can give him a mood booster and turn him around haha

In order to make an informed decision, have to consider facts and history of those involved. Favre is a class act and has success developing young players, Jadon on the other hand has angered every club he's been at and typically left via the backdoor

I hope we have learned our lesson pursuing divas

Copperpot

Banned
Still, gotta wonder what sort of mentality/attitude the kid has considering the way he buggered off from one club after another and Favre citing his focus - great talent but good teammate ultimately?

You are the only person I've come across making out it's a negative Sancho joining Dortmund from City.

The unanimous voice in the football world is this was a fantastic decision by Sancho, it's why he's considered one of the best young talents in world football, why he's an international footballer and why he's valued at £100m-£150m, if he was still at City he would be still sat on the bench next to Phil Foden. A player who's considered a talent in the same mold as Sancho, a young player who Pep called the most talented player he's ever seen (quite high standards to say he's worked with Messi):-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49127119

As an Englishman who wants the England national team to do well, i wish Foden would do what Sancho did.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
You are the only person I've come across making out it's a negative Sancho joining Dortmund from City.

The unanimous voice in the football world is this was a fantastic decision by Sancho, it's why he's considered one of the best young talents in world football, why he's an international footballer and why he's valued at £100m-£150m, if he was still at City he would be still sat on the bench next to Phil Foden. A player who's considered a talent in the same mold as Sancho, a young player who Pep called the most talented player he's ever seen (quite high standards to say he's worked with Messi):-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49127119

As an Englishman who wants the England national team to do well, i wish Foden would do what Sancho did.

Faulty logic there, you drew a conclusion from something I never posted. I spoke of the acrimonious splits from each club. Watford deal was examined by FA, City were furious with how Sancho dealt with his role & negotiations and now purportedly BVB are open to sell their most prized asset. There's unanimity in attitude being a common issue for the player

Foden is not at all similar in play or maturity and will be going nowhere while Pep is there

jamrock

I wouldn't say Ronaldo is more efficient or effective a goal scorer than Messi, he has more ways of scoring goals (headers) but even with that, Messi regular out scores him while taking less shots, that's the main reason why Messi is so much better than him for me, because the 1 thing Ronaldo is great at.

that he should be second to none too, he's still 2nd to Messi in :lol:

Which I'm pretty sure really grinds his gears.

If he was regularly getting let's say 30 goals per season & Messi was a 20 GPS type of player, while having the better all around game, I'm sure he & his fans would point to that as being the reason he is better.

But Messi is the best passer in the world, has the best vision, best dribbler and still also the best most efficient goal scorer in the game. Like WTF can't this man do in the attacking 3rd of the pitch.

He's literally looking at out & out stickers like lewa saurez and the likes, this is how you score goals my guys.

The only thing Ronaldo is better at Messi at, is the fact that he is a out & out leader a true alpha. Messi could learn a few things from him in that respect.

Copperpot

Banned
Faulty logic there, you drew a conclusion from something I never posted. I spoke of the acrimonious splits from each club. Watford deal was examined by FA, City were furious with how Sancho dealt with his role & negotiations and now purportedly BVB are open to sell their most prized asset. There's unanimity in attitude being a common issue for the player

Foden is not at all similar in play or maturity and will be going nowhere while Pep is there

City will be furious because they lost one of the most talented young players in Europe and how can the Sancho to City deal be his own fault? City willing paid his agent £200k for 14 year old Sancho, how can rules stating a player cannot have an agent until they are 16 be a reflection on his attitude and with that Sancho's fault?

This is not a tapping up case, but more of a misunderstanding and failure to read small print by City, certainly nothing to do with Sancho, but I find all this iconic that I'm reading this by a Barcelona fan, a club who often get found guilty/accused of tapping up players (Griezmann/Neymar) and not doing transfers in the right way, as for his attitude i think you are making mountains out of molehills, he may look a twat and have a punchable face like Neymar, but other than this week I've never read anything bad about his attitude, he may want to leave, but he doesn't have a partying lifestyle, he's not controversial off the pitch and not controversial on it.

Put it this way as a United fan i would love him at United and we've had a few of those diva's and i say that because i don't see Sancho as one.

Home of Barca Fans