Jadon Sancho

serghei

Real is maybe the luckiest team in the history to win the CL three times in a row. Remember all those lucky moments? I guess not many do. The offside goals Ronaldo scored vs Bayern. Bullshit red card. Man, they got away with a lot.

Ramos should have been out vs Liverpool. Concussing goalie and Salah arm grab.

Bayern goalie gifting Benzema a goal.

Of course,it's nearly impossible to win the CL without a bit of luck but they had enormous amount of it. Year after year scandalous decisions.

I don't see how Real being lucky in CL, or getting help from referees, all valid points, disprove in any way Ronaldo's prowess at scoring big goals in big games.

All can coexist just fine, and they do.

Ronaldo is clearly the better scorer in CL knockouts. This is an important thing he has over Messi, probably the only one, so it is unfair imo to deny him that.

Last edited:

snowy

In order to make an informed decision, have to consider facts and history of those involved. Favre is a class act and has success developing young players, Jadon on the other hand has angered every club he's been at and typically left via the backdoor

I hope we have learned our lesson pursuing divas

Journos are heavily linking him to Chelsea now along with Zaha. If the Blues can somehow sign both, it's gonna be wicked :amazed:

Regarding the divas signings, yes they can be annoying as hell but this type also can have their pros such as they're so deluded they play Alpha no matter what, even in adverse conditions like Away games or Jadon in Camp Nou the other day, as a 2nd half sub under pressure from his own club, yet he got so close to hat trick (2nd was brilliant tip save by MaTs and 3rd hit the CrossB).

Ansu played super loose in his 1st game but then started overthinking it and tensed up. Same as Demb, I often feel like he's afraid to make a mistake and should just loosen up more. Grizz also been playing way more conservative than I expected he would...

So since there's no apparent system other than slow static [or player's won't even execute when Valv was asking them to play faster], maybe just maybe horny divas gone wild in auto mode could've helped at Anfield

Call it the snowy horny diva theory number 1 :lol:

Either that or pure quality, stylish players like De Jong and Havertz. But these are hard to sign and usually costly...

Alternatively: completely reset our signing policy with low base with performance incentives [as mentioned in the Ney thread], sign top coach like 10H or HR and give them full authority over players, pimp our scouting department so that they can dig up cheap diamonds in the rough like Camavinga [before the recent 51 mil price tag], Alphonso Davies, Romario Baro, P Bóia and Mo Ihattaren... These are just example but the gist is, board needs to get better at securing new talents if that's the new strategy going forward.

Like Kubo for instance. No transfer fees and only 1 mill salary. That's good value for money right there.

He's been doing pretty good at Mallorca so far.

FinBarcelonafan

I don't see how Real being lucky in CL, or getting help from referees, all valid points, disprove in any way Ronaldo's prowess at scoring big goals in big games.

All can coexist just fine, and they do.

Ronaldo is clearly the better scorer in CL knockouts. This is an important thing he has over Messi, probably the only one, so it is unfair imo to deny him that.

I am talking about sample size. Its so small and so many things went their way in order for them to win 3 in a row. Yes Ronaldo has been killing the KO legs in CL.

Jenks

It tells you something though that Dortmund are happy to see the back of him

Worth mentioning that only Favre seems to have a problem with him, and only this season. Zorc said he doesn't want to leave and they don't want him to. I think Favre leaving in January is just as likely as Sancho. Besides, City want him back and never wanted him to leave.

Zidane82

Worth mentioning that only Favre seems to have a problem with him, and only this season. Zorc said he doesn't want to leave and they don't want him to. I think Favre leaving in January is just as likely as Sancho. Besides, City want him back and never wanted him to leave.

He’d walk into Barca’s ( his team of choice apparently) maybe not City ..
Sterling is already on the left ( by preference)

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

Negotiating 101 means Zorc cannot outright confirm a pending transfer else see his market value plummet. Moreover, it is not only Favre as Zorc himself singled out the player previously. City not having wanted him to leave 2 years ago has little to do with what they think of him now - guaranteed that regardless of their ambitions, they would be cautious coming back in for Jadon owing to failing to negotiate honestly with the club

Again, Jadon Sancho - great player but caveat emptor in terms of his attitude

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Will be joining us in the summer as Nike's 'marquee' signing apparently. No idea if it's true or not though I know Jurgen wants him.

KingLeo10

Will be joining us in the summer as Nike's 'marquee' signing apparently. No idea if it's true or not though I know Jurgen wants him.

Does that mean you're likely moving on from one of Mane/Salah? There's no way he starts ahead of either this summer.

Sailor Mars

How would that work if Liverpool already has their front 3? Can't see him wanting to move where he doesn't have pretty much a guaranteed spot lined up.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Does that mean you're likely moving on from one of Mane/Salah? There's no way he starts ahead of either this summer.

How would that work if Liverpool already has their front 3? Can't see him wanting to move where he doesn't have pretty much a guaranteed spot lined up.

If we Stay 4-3-3 that is four top level players for three spots with very little drop off. That is something we desperately miss and need.

Sailor Mars

If we Stay 4-3-3 that is four top level players for three spots with very little drop off. That is something we desperately miss and need.

But are those 4 players okay competing for only 3 spots? Someone is going to end up on the bench for the biggest games.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
But are those 4 players okay competing for only 3 spots? Someone is going to end up on the bench for the biggest games.

That's a job for the manager! But with a potential heavy set of fixtures, injuries, suspensions etc there will be enough game time for each of them and it keeps them on their toes allowing no complacency.

MTL_Barca

Would be the first time a 100+ mil player is straight up bought for the bench. Rotations and injuries sure, but Mane and Salah are both easily top 10 players and therefore will most likely start the important games. Liverpool is by far the hardest challenge for a winger at the moment, at every other club he would have a chance to become a starter.

Would be very surprising for me because it seems like a bit of a strange move for Sancho, but good for Liverpool if it's true.

Last edited:

Jenks

It's not that much different to buying Greizmann for €120m to bench Dembélé who cost €105m. At least Sancho is only 19 and would probably be around for over a decade. That said, I don't think Sancho will go for this deal at all. Maybe if Salah was older, but he still has quite a few prime years left in him, assuming his form doesn't drop off any more.

Home of Barca Fans