Javier Pastore

Sergio

Sergison
OMG.. how did i miss that !! Sergio you are right.. i automatically thought he will be there new manager and i saw him during the signing of Menez..

Well than they have hope... :)
I cant think of no better man in that role, he always said, even as Milan manager, he was no coach, but a director. He has a great view of how football should be played and finding players to do that - (Pato/Silva are his spots from being Milan head of scouting). My only concern about him in the role for PSG is selfish, he will take Ganso out of Milan's grasp.

El Gato

Villarato!
Good on Pastore IMO. Will not have too much pressure on him like say Benzema had and Ligue isn't that competitive either. PSG needs just 1 or 2 more quality transfers to have a shot at getting further in Champions League year after.

DucdeOrléans

I wouldn't say its so stupid. What is happening at PSG is fascinating, that club have been the sleeping giants of European football for along time. With the world class youth production already in place, and the all new stadiums of the Euro2016 bids being built already, Ligue 1 is on the rise fast.

This. Apart from that Ligue 1 is a big league already (in top 5).

And Paris definetely should have a much better team than PSG anno 1998-2011.

Why hate all things connected to Paris? Stupid thing to do:lol:;)

Beast

The Observer
I cant think of no better man in that role, he always said, even as Milan manager, he was no coach, but a director. He has a great view of how football should be played and finding players to do that - (Pato/Silva are his spots from being Milan head of scouting). My only concern about him in the role for PSG is selfish, he will take Ganso out of Milan's grasp.

true

DucdeOrléans

Well having you as a resident doesn't help PSG /Paris popularity case

;)

Neuilly-sur-Seine is actually a western suburb of Paris;)

But I am not a parisienne and I have in fact lived longer in Provence (Alpes-Maritimes)

But apart from that Paris>Marseille.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Please let us not lower ourselves to pety sterotyping because of where people come from or who they support. Paris and Marseille are both beautiful cities with both their pro's and con's. Everything is equal. Let us not upset anyone.

Sergio

Sergison
Bordeaux and Lyon are still serious clubs though, both investing alot in very big stadiums, its not just PSG and l'OM, will be a very interesting competition the next few years.

DucdeOrléans

Why should I be upset by it? First of all I have made my jokes in the past on this forum so I am not the person who you should be afraid of becoming upset by it, second of all it is only a internet forum and I have also had my share of discussions with Beast with a similar jargon, so no harm done at all.

And would be pretty horrible to commit suicide when you are supposed to be in French Polynesia on Saturday.:lol:;)

Please let us not lower ourselves to pety sterotyping because of where people come from or who they support. Paris and Marseille are both beautiful cities with both their pro's and con's. Everything is equal. Let us not upset anyone.

Fairplay to Marseille in recent years (they are trying to catch up by innovating their city) although it's still a shithole on many levels.

Talking about Marseille they made a comeback of epic proportions yesterday when they won the Trophée des champions against Lille. (5-4)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KJs0Pqyc60

Not as awesome as the 1998-1999 match against Montpelier (which oldies like Beast probably remember;)).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79Zh_E_QKMo

DucdeOrléans

Ducde, don't take it seriously. Sunny is just messing around pissed off that humor got out of control ;)

I had a little suspicion of that, although I was not sure 100 percent since I don't know Poor_Sunyol well enough to determine whether it was a joke or not this time, so I preferred to make my position clear.

Why did he got banned? Certainly not because of that harmless comment? If so the mods should reconsider the decision as it seems a bit sensitive.

El Gato

Villarato!
Numerous comments on the previous page all with hidden sarcasm as to mods decisions with regards to closing of his thread earlier this week. Anyway, I'm not his lawyer or don't want to do moderating so I'm leaving it there.

DucdeOrléans

Yip, strange choice

Well it could seem strange at first glance but people seem to underestimate Ligue 1. Despite it not being as good as the PL, La Liga and Serie A it's not far away from the Bundesliga and it has great potential. Looking only at the demographics, size of the country, economy, potential etc. Ligue 1 should be just as big as the other leagues (or within a short distance to them). (No Russia comparisons as they don't have a big football culture compared to France, Germany, Britain, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Portugal etc)

Apart from that PSG in it's current state is a interesting project, the owners are willing to invest, the city is wonderful, the economic aspect is not a problem either, possibilities for trophies and CL etc. It's not that bad again, especially not for a young talent as Pastore who still needs to prove himself a bit more before he takes the last big step (PL, La Liga)

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans