Jean Marie Dongou

Neal Faradinho

hhave a feeling that if he stays fit and plays most of the games as the 9 he will get 15-20 goals next season.

just realize someone said he can play on the wings, no that's a big no.

not fast or skillful enough, he is a proper 9,sheva and rvn type

Not fast enough?!

Tonykross

I have seen Dongou play on the wings and he is been pretty good, I think he has to look for the ball more and improve on his movement which will come with experience.

ShandyFFM

Did not much against Bayer but although the whole team wasnt focused on attack but on posession. But would have been nice to see him in some more actions because Graham Hunter said he has such a hughe potential but yet to prove to me.

Just wondering if he might be ending up like Bojan in the end.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I haven't seen much of neither Dongou nor Sandro Ramirez (only a few NextGen series matches). I take it Dongou is a striker in the mold of Eto'o and Sandro in the mold of David Villa. Which one of the two do you guys think has a better chance of succeeding here?

jamrock

i get the feeling that because dongou has been with the b team for over a year now and not getting regular starts, while sandro has been playing almost every game for juvinel A, some are under starting dongou, but there is a reason why he is playing for the b team since he was 117 and not sandro and its not by luck.

if you look at them for the u18 team dongou walks all over sandro. when you compare the their contribution to the team.

by all accounts of those that have seen donqou at his best every one uses the world special talent to describe him, and mite sandro.

sandro had potential to be a top striker, donqou has the potential to be truly special.

not saying sandro can't develop to be better, but both at 18 fully fit and in for donqou wins every time and rather easily at that.

just a typical what have you done for me lately kind of thing with them both.

jamrock

"The kid has no limits, no ceiling so long as he continues his development the way he is,'' his youth team coach and Dream Team European Cup winner Oscar Garcia said.

also these were graham hunters exact words and not just the para phrase

“Dongou, small and Mike Tyson-powerful, is without question the most awe-inspiring player I have ever seen at his age. When I witnessed Messi at the same stage of his development, it later transpired that he was a little bit sulky at being forced to play on the wing in the game I went to watch and, consequently, I came away unimpressed.

But having watched Dongou for several months – aged both 15 and 16 – I have to warn the next couple of generations of defenders that they should start having nightmares now just to get in practice.
as i said when it first came out i agree having seen a bit if them both at a similar age, messiah was much more off a soloist but maybe that's because he was so much better than the rest.

but dongou though he too was much better than his team mates, just had the little extra bit if collaboration to his game.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Graham Hunter was completely stupid in those comments. Dongou was impressive at youth levels but you have to understand he was so much more physically developed than all of them that it made things easier for him. With the B team, you'd still be able to see his talent if he was getting very involved but lacking end product (somewhat like Deulofeu). However the issue here is that he rarely gets involved in the first place. Not just the Bayern friendly (I understand why he wouldn't there), but all throughout the season he was fairly invisible while on. He can fix that and still achieve a very high ceiling and become a key player for us in the future, but as of now he's no better than Deulofeu or Sandro, if I had to pick then I'd say he's a step behind both.

jamrock

a step behind sandro when u is a step or two infront of sandro as barca.

as i said its no mistake he was playing in the b team from age 17 and not sandro.

he was never involved during all his years of. development making a lot off need less runs.

in and around the 18. he combines and scores.

deulo is ahead of him by two/three steps but if they both develop how idongou develops how everyone expects, his path to the senior team would be much clear.

gerard needs to get rid of the stop and go that's still in his game.

sandro v dongou is all based in what have you done for me lately.
dongou's. potential ceiling is well higher than sandro

and what's this much more developed physically talk, we aren't talking about etock here. look at him for the cadet sides and even in the next gen series. he had a little on most but not much.

did anyone see the inter and ajax teams.

it was always more talent than muscle with dongou.

Tonykross

My only problem with Dongou is that he has to get more touches,but when ever he has the ball, one can see the glaring qualities he has, always making the best decisions and rarely looses the ball.

ShandyFFM

Sandro i guess. But Dongou his hailed from so many people hes a scoring machine. But still dont see him getting the step to the senior level. Imo the next big think appart from Deulofeu will be Adama Traore. Hes 17 and he has gained some muscle over this year his pace and dribbling on the right wing are just insane.

Tonykross

Sandro i guess. But Dongou his hailed from so many people hes a scoring machine. But still dont see him getting the step to the senior level. Imo the next big think appart from Deulofeu will be Adama Traore. Hes 17 and he has gained some muscle over this year his pace and dribbling on the right wing are just insane.

Ebwelle is better than Adama at this stage in their careers, the media and hype have just been in favor of Adama

Home of Barca Fans