Jean Marie Dongou

Tonykross

If he goes somewhere else and becomes great then props to him, but I generally only wait to have that discussion until after the player has actually left. Prior to leaving the club it should be every B team players aspiration to play for the first team, because if it's not, why the hell are they there?

You've already made your biased judgement on him, that he will never make it to the first team, I don't understand how you came to that conclusion. I'll keep saying that though Munir is great he has not done anything that Dongou has not done before. Lucho came in and preferred Sandro and Munir which is good for them, just like Tata preferred Dongou last year.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
You've already made your biased judgement on him, that he will never make it to the first team, I don't understand how you came to that conclusion. I'll keep saying that though Munir is great he has not done anything that Dongou has not done before. Lucho came in and preferred Sandro and Munir which is good for them, just like Tata preferred Dongou last year.

You can't say that. The only time Dongou played, Sandro was out with an ACL tear and Munir was still playing for the Juvenil A. Back then Sanabria was rated a better talent than Dongou.

Tonykross

You can't say that. The only time Dongou played, Sandro was out with an ACL tear and Munir was still playing for the Juvenil A. Back then Sanabria was rated a better talent than Dongou.

That's completely wrong Sanabria has never been rated higher than Dongou coming through the ranks of La masia, These are the top strikers of la Masia that had a lot of hype about them, Bojan, Ruben Rochina, Etock,Incardi, Dongou, Sandro, Munir started with Juvenile B. I'm not even sure if Sanabria ever hit the 20 goal mark in any of the categories.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
That's completely wrong Sanabria has never been rated higher than Dongou coming through the ranks of La masia, These are the top strikers of la Masia that had a lot of hype about them, Bojan, Ruben Rochina, Etock,Incardi, Dongou, Sandro, Munir started with Juvenile B. I'm not even sure if Sanabria ever hit the 20 goal mark in any of the categories.

No, no. I'm talking about that short 3-4 month period at the beginning of last season when everybody was like "OMG SANABRIA DON'T LEAVE!"

Specifically I'm speaking of how Sanabria was played at CF while Dongou was shunted out to the wing, but that may have been an attempt to keep Sanabria from leaving too.

My point still stands though. When Tata played Dongou, Sandro was injured and Munir was playing for the Juvenil A.

Last edited:

Tonykross

No, no. I'm talking about that short 3-4 month period at the beginning of last season when everybody was like "OMG SANABRIA DON'T LEAVE!"

I agree with you, he was quite good with Juvenile A and the short spell with Barca B, Dongou lost form from the the beginning of the Segunda last year through the start of the second half of the season.

Messi10

at the end of the day! all Dongou needs to do is keep putting that ball in the back of the net.... he keeps doing it

L

linetty

He always manages to put the ball in the end of the net but I'm not really impressed with his overall game.

He will be a top player but not at Barca.

Tonykross

He always manages to put the ball in the end of the net but I'm not really impressed with his overall game.

He is playing more like a poacher this season, in previous seasons, he was more involved in the general play and providing assists to his teamates.

khaled_a_d

You can never know tbh,we had 4 gr8 striker prospect who are all same age with less than 1 year difference between the youngest& oldest (Dongou,Sandro ,Munir ,Sanabria) ,few years ago it looked like Munir is the one with the least chance to make it,was last in promotion to Barca B
Dongou was considered the best prospect few years ago,Sanabria_who left the club_ looked like second and Sandro looked like a close 3rd,now it seems it is quite opposite ,Sanabria is fighting for a chance that he thought will come easy in Roma,Dongou is playing his 4th season with barca B and the 3rd of them as fully Barca B player which is quite long and Sandro is with 1st team while Munir is the player that everyone wants him to start over Pedro .things already changed and at that very young age there is no guarantee it won't change again
We have three young strikers who are separated by only 5 months of age and 2cms of height :lol: ,they have huge talent and there have everything to prove competing with each other
It will be tough to imagine all 3 staying here very long in there careers ,at least one of them will have to leave ,I just hope one of them at least make it here as a star and may be another one as a good squad player .Dongou should be loaned next year and may be Sandro too(unless one of Adam & Deulofeu get loaned

MessiDinho10

You can never know tbh,we had 4 gr8 striker prospect who are all same age with less than 1 year difference between the youngest& oldest (Dongou,Sandro ,Munir ,Sanabria) ,few years ago it looked like Munir is the one with the least chance to make it,was last in promotion to Barca B
Dongou was considered the best prospect few years ago,Sanabria_who left the club_ looked like second and Sandro looked like a close 3rd,now it seems it is quite opposite ,Sanabria is fighting for a chance that he thought will come easy in Roma,Dongou is playing his 4th season with barca B and the 3rd of them as fully Barca B player which is quite long and Sandro is with 1st team while Munir is the player that everyone wants him to start over Pedro .things already changed and at that very young age there is no guarantee it won't change again
We have three young strikers who are separated by only 5 months of age and 2cms of height :lol: ,they have huge talent and there have everything to prove competing with each other
It will be tough to imagine all 3 staying here very long in there careers ,at least one of them will have to leave ,I just hope one of them at least make it here as a star and may be another one as a good squad player .Dongou should be loaned next year and may be Sandro too(unless one of Adam & Deulofeu get loaned

Letting Deulofeu leave on loan again would be disastrous, I think he'll leave then. I'd bring him back already, with his talent he can't be any worse than Pedro outside of their work rates.

F

Flavia

Letting Deulofeu leave on loan again would be disastrous, I think he'll leave then. I'd bring him back already, with his talent he can't be any worse than Pedro outside of their work rates.

I think Adama will be promoted next season. I don't think both can find a place here.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I think Adama will be promoted next season. I don't think both can find a place here.

Adama should be loaned. Deulofeu, despite his faults, is a lot less one dimensional than Adama. Adama, considering he is young, could benefit from a year on loan to a Primera side where he can play regularly.

Home of Barca Fans