Jean Marie Dongou

Androutsos

Dongou is reminding me more and more of eto'o these days with his play, probably like eto'o he will be written of by his club, but go somewhere else to become world class, just hope its not madrid. lol

That's what I was thinking. I feel like he will leave and become a top goal scorer at a club like Valencia, or other similar clubs.

anguy

You are too quick to write off Dongou my friend, you're talking as if he is already like 23 and not showing any signs of progress, I hope you don't eat your humble pie if he turns things around.

It's really pretty unlikely. If you look at the forwards who made it in Barca in recent era, they all needed to be versatile, while Dongou is just no 9, nothing else. So as long as Messi stays in club he would have to be really elite no 9 to make breakthrough into first team, not just good enough, but so good, that coaches would have to change the system to accommodate him.
And I don't think he's that great.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Pretty impossible to predict what will happen.
Maybe Dongou will be clearly not good enough for the 1st squad so he will be sold.
Maybe he will look really promising and we loan him out like Deulo.
Maybe he will be good enough to reach the 1st team but only to play the role of a squad player. A sub who is very quick and provides another threat.
Maybe he will establish himself but we will have no place for him the time he wants to play in a better league so the only possibility will be to sell him to a club where he can succeed.

Right now I am happy that our B team has such a player after the likes of Munir and Sandro are with the 1st team.

Ronnie10

I believe this will be season where Dongou will have his last chance to prove. By the end of the season I'm pretty sure he'll leave Barca B. Whether he'll leave Barca or not remains to be seen.

Tonykross

It's really pretty unlikely. If you look at the forwards who made it in Barca in recent era, they all needed to be versatile, while Dongou is just no 9, nothing else. So as long as Messi stays in club he would have to be really elite no 9 to make breakthrough into first team, not just good enough, but so good, that coaches would have to change the system to accommodate him.
And I don't think he's that great.

If you had been watching Barca B on a consistent bass, Dongou was deployed on the right wing when Munir started playing for Barca B last year, he is very capable of playing from wide positions. the last game when Hallinovic came on, Dongou was moved to the left and Hallinovic was playing the false 9.

Zangash

Banned
If you had been watching Barca B on a consistent bass, Dongou was deployed on the right wing when Munir started playing for Barca B last year, he is very capable of playing from wide positions. the last game when Hallinovic came on, Dongou was moved to the left and Hallinovic was playing the false 9.

Where he can play isn't the problem. He lacks multiple key skills that Munir simply... doesn't. He's a striker who lacks the 1v1 and finishing ability and technical skills of Munir, lacks the dribbling and creative flair of Adama when played from the wing, and despite his goals has shown season after season that he lacks the clinicality to ever be a player for Barca. When he takes a bad touch and gets the ball stolen or swings his foot at the ball aimlessly to see the keeper save it do you know what it reminds me of? Benzema. But at least Benzema is a decent dribbler and passer, which Dongou isn't.

Alarcón

We really really don't know what will happen at that point but Dongou is only 19 and if he continues to play well in the B team, I don't see why Lucho wouldn't give him some minutes. If we're being totally honest here, what Dongou has done this season in Segunda is more than Sandro ever did at that level so it's baseless to expect Sandro to become a first teamer while thinking Dongou is finished.

Tonykross

Where he can play isn't the problem. He lacks multiple key skills that Munir simply... doesn't. He's a striker who lacks the 1v1 and finishing ability and technical skills of Munir, lacks the dribbling and creative flair of Adama when played from the wing, and despite his goals has shown season after season that he lacks the clinicality to ever be a player for Barca. When he takes a bad touch and gets the ball stolen or swings his foot at the ball aimlessly to see the keeper save it do you know what it reminds me of? Benzema. But at least Benzema is a decent dribbler and passer, which Dongou isn't.

That's your own opinion my friend, I've followed Dongou since he was in the Cadet and he is much better that what you just described.

jamrock

"season after season that he lacks the clinicality to ever be a player for Barca"
I don't know where he will end up now, because he has clearl regress this last season, unlike the end, and he doesn't have a coach that favours him which is huge in how a player develops. but that right their is just one big LOL.

Zangash

Banned
That's your own opinion my friend, I've followed Dongou since he was in the Cadet and he is much better that what you just described.

He was good up until he went to Barca B. After that it was all fairly average from him.

We really really don't know what will happen at that point but Dongou is only 19 and if he continues to play well in the B team, I don't see why Lucho wouldn't give him some minutes. If we're being totally honest here, what Dongou has done this season in Segunda is more than Sandro ever did at that level so it's baseless to expect Sandro to become a first teamer while thinking Dongou is finished.

I don't think Sandro has much a future here either, to be honest. Adama and Munir are both bigger talents, Lee is far advanced for his age despite the ban, and who knows, maybe Deulofeu might actually live up to some of that potential he's got. Not to mention we still have Messi, Neymar, and Suarez.

"season after season that he lacks the clinicality to ever be a player for Barca"
I don't know where he will end up now, because he has clearl regress this last season, unlike the end, and he doesn't have a coach that favours him which is huge in how a player develops. but that right their is just one big LOL.

Just watch the games. Even now, with his 4 goals, he still has numerous instances of failing to score when he has little reason not to.

Tonykross

He was good up until he went to Barca B. After that it was all fairly average from him.

I don't think Sandro has much a future here either, to be honest. Adama and Munir are both bigger talents, Lee is far advanced for his age despite the ban, and who knows, maybe Deulofeu might actually live up to some of that potential he's got. Not to mention we still have Messi, Neymar, and Suarez.

Just watch the games. Even now, with his 4 goals, he still has numerous instances of failing to score when he has little reason not to.

Every striker is guilty of missing sitters, so what's your point ? I think he has been very good so far this season in terms of goals, link up play and also helping the team defensively.

Zangash

Banned
Every striker is guilty of missing sitters, so what's your point ? I think he has been very good so far this season in terms of goals, link up play and also helping the team defensively.

We're not playing a game of forgiveness. The effectiveness of our strikers is very important. Even despite his "very good" performances he still has yet to receive so much as a wink from Lucho through all of preseason and the actual season. That much should speak for itself. We're a team starved for forwards and Lucho has kept Munir and Sandro all season so far. He has already scheduled Adama for promotion next season as well. Where is Dongou in all of this? Getting Deulofeu minutes in one preseason game and then being promptly shifted back to Barca B and never talked about again.

He won't likely ever be good enough for Barca, and if he does it won't be for many, many years. Unfortunately, we have so much quality on our front line that we don't need to wait for him.

Tonykross

We're not playing a game of forgiveness. The effectiveness of our strikers is very important. Even despite his "very good" performances he still has yet to receive so much as a wink from Lucho through all of preseason and the actual season. That much should speak for itself. We're a team starved for forwards and Lucho has kept Munir and Sandro all season so far. He has already scheduled Adama for promotion next season as well. Where is Dongou in all of this? Getting Deulofeu minutes in one preseason game and then being promptly shifted back to Barca B and never talked about again.

He won't likely ever be good enough for Barca, and if he does it won't be for many, many years. Unfortunately, we have so much quality on our front line that we don't need to wait for him.

We're not talking about promotion, we're talking about Dongou as a player, he might not be promoted for what ever reason, but that does not mean he is not going to succeed somewhere else as a player and possibly become a superstar. with all the hype that surrounded Deulofeu where is he now ? you can never write off young players just as I have not given up on Deulofeu despite his career stalling a bit.

Zangash

Banned
We're not talking about promotion, we're talking about Dongou as a player, he might not be promoted for what ever reason, but that does not mean he is not going to succeed somewhere else as a player and possibly become a superstar. with all the hype that surrounded Deulofeu where is he now ? you can never write off young players just as I have not given up on Deulofeu despite his career stalling a bit.

If he goes somewhere else and becomes great then props to him, but I generally only wait to have that discussion until after the player has actually left. Prior to leaving the club it should be every B team players aspiration to play for the first team, because if it's not, why the hell are they there?

Home of Barca Fans