Jeffren Suarez

Venezuelan Cule

Oh dear.

Jeffren's dad (and agent) went on the radio to say that jeffren would only stay at barça if he had more minutes, adding that he felt Guardiola had promised his son more that he had delivered so far.

Bye bye Jeffren and good luck :wave:

Jeffren's dad is going to ruin this kid's career. He is already known as a money grubbing asshole in Tenerife. Although both are Venezuelan he told Jeffren not to play for our NT so he has burned bridges in Venezuela as well.

My suggestions to Jeffren

1. Learn to be a man and make the important decisions (that will effect your life & career) yourself.
2. Get a real manager.

maz

I walk the line
I'd prefer Jeffren and Gai to Pedro as LW. To me Pedro is a goal-scoring sub. He has scored a few decent goals, and some gift-wrapped. I feel he offers absolutely nothing to the team besides a few goals. His passing is HORRID most of the time, and although he trecks back some games he usually makes a stupid foul when trying to dispossess. Good player, but not what we need out of a LW imo. He barely ever takes on defenders 1 vs 1, and when he does his success rate is pretty low. Jeffren has the speed and he played very well in the World cup. I believe Gai has good enough speed too and offers even more in creativity. Jeffren would be more of a beat-defender and cross it type, much like Henry.

Do you realise that goals win games? Have you ever considered why pippo inzaghi is still playing striker for one of the biggest clubs in europe at the age of 36?

Im guessing you'd rather us have passed our way to defeat in the games that pedro scored the winner.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
I did miss Jeffren's performance that people were talking about at the World Club Cup, but whenever he has played I've not really been impressed tbh. He has some technical ability but seems to lack an intelligence in his play. Pedro's final ball might not be great but his movement and awareness have been key to his goalscoring. I don't think he's ready to be our starting LW yet but I'd always take him over Jeffren for sure.

zanela

We got tons of good to average talent coming through the ranks. But, we can't have them all play for the first team. Only the best of the lot make it here. Having them benched regulary and offering a game or 2 here & there isn't gonna help a talent esp; when hes in his 20's. In Jeffren's case, he is good and can maximise his potential by playing week in week out at a club that can offer him that, something he won't get here. We need to think what's good for the kid as well. He certainly can make a name at a club where he can feature regularly. So, it's better he moves on.

I still think we need to bring in a world class and experienced LWF. Pedro is gr8 and can get better but so far hes not played under the pressure of being our first choice WF. And, there are certain aspects in his game that are lacking, although he could work on it. But, as of now hes not the finished article. We could do better imo. And seeing, he seems a bit more patient and loyal than our other canteranos, i'm sure he'll wait for the next big step.

Anyway, we don't have to worry too much about our LW, 'coz when GD breaks in to our first team hes gonna bench whosoever is our LWF at the time. :D

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
We got tons of good to average talent coming through the ranks. But, we can't have them all play for the first team. Only the best of the lot make it here. Having them benched regulary and offering a game or 2 here & there isn't gonna help a talent esp; when hes in his 20's. In Jeffren's case, he is good and can maximise his potential by playing week in week out at a club that can offer him that, something he won't get here. We need to think what's good for the kid as well. He certainly can make a name at a club where he can feature regularly. So, it's better he moves on.

I still think we need to bring in a world class and experienced LWF. Pedro is gr8 and can get better but so far hes not played under the pressure of being our first choice WF. And, there are certain aspects in his game that are lacking, although he could work on it. But, as of now hes not the finished article. We could do better imo. And seeing, he seems a bit more patient and loyal than our other canteranos, i'm sure he'll wait for the next big step.

Anyway, we don't have to worry too much about our LW, 'coz when GD breaks in to our first team hes gonna bench whosoever is our LWF at the time. :D
It's too early to say.
He needs to improve his finishing which is average at best. His dribbling is good, and he has some pace but he needs to improve that. Compare him with Iker Muniain, they are at the same age...

zanela

It's too early to say.
He needs to improve his finishing which is average at best. His dribbling is good, and he has some pace but he needs to improve that. Compare him with Iker Muniain, they are at the same age...

So, how was Messi's finishing at 15? He has immense potential and he'll certainly get better with time. If he wasn't a catalan and his desire to stay, he would 've already been knicked by the Fat spanish waiter or one of many big clubs chasing him.
Muniain is 17, GD is 15. Your undermining the boy's talent by making comparisons.

Last edited:

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
I did miss Jeffren's performance that people were talking about at the World Club Cup, but whenever he has played I've not really been impressed tbh.
Neither have I to be honest. But those minutes in the CWC were electric, could of course very well be because Henry was just that slow on his position. Other than that, it wasn't really superb.

So claiming minutes is stupid, stupid father. Pedro's confidence just drips off him and he has been consistently bagging the goals and occasionally (more towards the winter) having a good allround game. Pedro deserves the spot (not if Henry starts playing like he did in the first half last game imo) more than Jeffren, hands down.

Co0ter

Do you realise that goals win games? Have you ever considered why pippo inzaghi is still playing striker for one of the biggest clubs in europe at the age of 36?

Im guessing you'd rather us have passed our way to defeat in the games that pedro scored the winner.

I understand quite clearly that goals win games. However I think half, and yes half, of Pedro's goals were luck. Henry's crossbar shot landed directly on him, easy goal. That is just one among others. Don't get me wrong, he's scored a few nice goals, but most were either given on a silver platter or mostly luck. I guess what I'm saying is, sooner or later his luck is going to run out and the fact that the rest of his game is SEVERELY lacking, I don't see him making it at all.

His passing is TERRIBLE, his defensive play is even worse. Anytime he tries to dispossess an opponent he fouls. Not much vision and he barely ever takes on defenders one on one, which as a LW you need to be able to do. You also need to understand, that most importantly, Ibra has 2-3 defenders up his ass as soon as he touches the ball. With Messi, if they even ASSUME he's going to get the ball 3-4 are already closing in on him. Pedro doesn't command that sort of respect so he has much more room and time than the others. I think if even one player stook with him his productivity rate would halve.

I'd like a faster LW that is more of a complete footballer, but imo that will only come with Gai in time or with a transfer.

X

xenmate

I understand quite clearly that goals win games. However I think half, and yes half, of Pedro's goals were luck. Henry's crossbar shot landed directly on him, easy goal. That is just one among others. Don't get me wrong, he's scored a few nice goals, but most were either given on a silver platter or mostly luck. I guess what I'm saying is, sooner or later his luck is going to run out and the fact that the rest of his game is SEVERELY lacking, I don't see him making it at all.

His passing is TERRIBLE, his defensive play is even worse. Anytime he tries to dispossess an opponent he fouls. Not much vision and he barely ever takes on defenders one on one, which as a LW you need to be able to do. You also need to understand, that most importantly, Ibra has 2-3 defenders up his ass as soon as he touches the ball. With Messi, if they even ASSUME he's going to get the ball 3-4 are already closing in on him. Pedro doesn't command that sort of respect so he has much more room and time than the others. I think if even one player stook with him his productivity rate would halve.

I'd like a faster LW that is more of a complete footballer, but imo that will only come with Gai in time or with a transfer.

Or not. look at raul: 15 years of dumb luck and counting...

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Players (relatives and agents) need to have a little patience... They can't expect a young player to come and receive all the chances in a team with the best footballers in the world... Not to mention that opportunities depend on how well the team is doing and right now we're winning but not by comfortable margins, so it's obvious unexperienced players are not right for this kind of games unless they have proven they can be helpful, like Pedro... In all honesty, I'm not much of a fan of Pedro, but he's helping the team in every chance he gets, so he has earned a place in team, something Jeffren hasn't been able to do, I have faith in him, but his father needs to chill out and let the kid grow...

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Okay... Jeffren's going to renew. His kit number is gonna be the legendary '20', could some body change the 35 to 20 please? :)

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Well he's still 35 for the CL as UEFA don't allow changes to shirt numbers mid-season. Also how is the number 20 "legendary"?

Home of Barca Fans