Jeremy Mathieu

barcanuck

I forgot what it's like to have a power LB crushing header challenges and not getting pushed around like a rag doll. Well done Jeremy. Jordi be afraid be very afraid.

Kerrybai

I love Mathieu but we shouldn't say he is beast after this game... that high line wont happen often. Yes he was great but this game is an exception.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Think we should try him out at LB in the Clasico with Pique and Masch/Bartra starting alongside him.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I love Mathieu but we shouldn't say he is beast after this game... that high line wont happen often. Yes he was great but this game is an exception.

Well the high line can account for his several runs in behind the defense being so successful and perfectly timed but the defensive security and generally brilliant linkup (even under crazy-pressure from Rayo) looks to be Mathieu's standard, something that can't be written off as successful only due to the opponent's tactics. Even with a bus or elite opponent I feel he'd be a pretty good attacking presence since he is so quick and precise. Also linked up with Neymar more than I've ever seen Alba do.

Our back line was formidable today. We need to get our set piece deliveries on point more often because I see Mathieu/Bartra towering over everyone on set pieces and corners yet the ball not reaching them as much as it should.

Androutsos

I for one think that he rushed his deliveries into the box. Maybe with Suarez there they would've been goals but for a team like Barca you gotta be much more precise then just putting the ball across goal.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
Well the high line can account for his several runs in behind the defense being so successful and perfectly timed but the defensive security and generally brilliant linkup (even under crazy-pressure from Rayo) looks to be Mathieu's standard, something that can't be written off as successful only due to the opponent's tactics. Even with a bus or elite opponent I feel he'd be a pretty good attacking presence since he is so quick and precise. Also linked up with Neymar more than I've ever seen Alba do.

Our back line was formidable today. We need to get our set piece deliveries on point more often because I see Mathieu/Bartra towering over everyone on set pieces and corners yet the ball not reaching them as much as it should.
Yes, just watched the game and one thing i noticed was that, how is the defensive Mathieu linking up better with Neymar then the more offensive minded Alba. What is Alba offering us that Mathieu can't? Lucho should be asking himself that question. So should Jordi if he wants to keep his starting spot. Mathieu adds more balance, evidently links up better with Neymar, is up there with his speed, and apparently does not having a problem assisting if he has to which Jordi has been underwhelming in. In any event, this is a very good thing that happened trying him out at left back, a very good alternative for tough matches if not the ideal choice.

KhaledBarca

Mathieu at LB seems to be the solution for the Big games!

I think we should try this in the clasico:

Bravo
Bartra Pique Mathieu
Alves Rakitic Busquets Alba
--------- Iniesta ------------
----- Messi - Neymar -------

Suarez in 2nd half, if he's fit and we need him!

Egert

Estonian Culé
Mathieu at LB seems to be the solution for the Big games!

I think we should try this in the clasico:

Bravo
Bartra Pique Mathieu
Alves Rakitic Busquets Alba
--------- Iniesta ------------
----- Messi - Neymar -------

Suarez in 2nd half, if he's fit and we need him!

Nah, Masche will start instead of Bartra. But I really like this formation, but I still think we will play 4-3-3.

Alves-Pique-Masche-Mathieu seems to be the starting lineup for big games, at least I hope so.

DinhoR10

Nah, Masche will start instead of Bartra. But I really like this formation, but I still think we will play 4-3-3.

Alves-Pique-Masche-Mathieu seems to be the starting lineup for big games, at least I hope so.

Unfortunately, if Bartra is in there our set pieces both offensive and defensive improve greatly.

Home of Barca Fans