Joan Laporta

Andresito

Staff member
It's good that it's only March, and that none of the free players have signed a pre-contract. We have some serious planning ahead of us and Alemany will be working hard. Shame we don't have Jordi yet to have Laporta's full team going.

I'd give Koeman another year. It's quite clear which players need to be sold so not much depending on Koeman there. However, give him the free players he needs, Gini and Depay I guess are his choices.

Kul_z

Laporta's job is to get rid off lenglet, coutinho, griez, pjanic, umtiti, braithwaite first thing. In normal circumstances we would easily get 150-200m for all of them + wage structure solid enough. But, its gonna be a hard stuff to achieve

Windhook

Simplified to any working place - when your boss is a dick you can't deliver 100% at work. Ever since Barcagate or even before that the relations between directors and player/coaches were strained. Most vocal about it was Gerard Pique, something in the line of "board not supporting players, we take all the blame" and so on.

This summer is different because there are tons of free agents on the market, partly due to COVID-19 financial crisis in football. Laporta can grab some of these, work his charm and convince players to lower their demands. I just wish the elections were held at an earlier date, January... The morale boost from his victory on almost everybody from team to fans is incredible.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
From ActualiteBarca on Twitter:

"I have immense respect for Laporta, he is very charismatic. I met him once and I really liked him. But no, obviously I would never play for Barcelona. Not even for 60M per year. There are things money cannot buy. " - Sergio Ramos

Big Jan is just too cool for ya

DonAK

As I expected Nagelsmann is the guy the new board have been planning or thinking about. Laporta dropped a big hint before the elections when he said there are German managers who would fit Barca's philosophy.

It's a tough decision to make. Koeman has this team playing really well right now and if we make a comeback in the league and win the copa del rey or even just win the Copa del Rey, do you give him another season or think more long-term and hire who you think is better?

I was never a big fan of Koeman the manager, but starting to warm up to him now.

[tw]1370142264232660999[/tw]

FC433

[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&#55357;&#57000;&#55357;&#57000;[ <a href="https://twitter.com/manucarreno?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@manucarreno</a>&#55358;&#56647;] | Laporta is very respectful of Koeman but he would not have signed him on his project. He may continue, but he likes other coaches more, including Naglesman. <a href="https://t.co/eecjDEcrdF">pic.twitter.com/eecjDEcrdF</a></p>— Bar?aTimes (@BarcaTimes) <a href="https://twitter.com/BarcaTimes/status/1370144717774667777?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 11, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/tw]

JamDav1982

Naglesmann has long been linked to Laporta so nothing new.

Harsh on Koeman and would suspect a lot of this is based on ego and if are to win do it with own man chosen.

Could backfire though as Koeman takes no shit and will manage players with his word as final. Taking in a young manager from elsewhere that may not have that is risky.

DonAK

I wonder if Messi's decision will have an impact here.

If he stays that might keep Koeman in for a year longer as Messi obviously respects Koeman a lot, but if he goes they might decide to make major changes including the manager.

In the end it will depend on our results rest of the season.

JamDav1982

I wonder if Messi's decision will have an impact here.

If he stays that might keep Koeman in for a year longer as Messi obviously respects Koeman a lot, but if he goes they might decide to make major changes including the manager.

In the end it will depend on our results rest of the season.

Or perhaps it is the opposite and Messi still not happy with the way Koeman/Barca treated Suarez last summer.

Barcilliant

As I expected Nagelsmann is the guy the new board have been planning or thinking about. Laporta dropped a big hint before the elections when he said there are German managers who would fit Barca's philosophy.

It's a tough decision to make. Koeman has this team playing really well right now and if we make a comeback in the league and win the copa del rey or even just win the Copa del Rey, do you give him another season or think more long-term and hire who you think is better?

I was never a big fan of Koeman the manager, but starting to warm up to him now.

[tw]1370142264232660999[/tw]

He is not ready for such a big job plus he doesn't have the authority or status as a legend or former player.
When Koeman speaks the players listen even though they probably don't agree with everything.
Naglesman is a promising manager but would not suit our club. Do you think Messi would listen to him? This would be Setien all over again.

Barcilliant

Naglesmann has long been linked to Laporta so nothing new.

Harsh on Koeman and would suspect a lot of this is based on ego and if are to win do it with own man chosen.

Could backfire though as Koeman takes no shit and will manage players with his word as final. Taking in a young manager from elsewhere that may not have that is risky.

Naglesman would have no real authority here. Koeman may not be a great manager but he has status and authority. You can see the difference in our physical and mental intensity.

Home of Barca Fans