Joan Laporta

malvolio

If Flick takes the German NT job, Bayern could be a place for Nagelsmann. Also not sure if Liverpool will definitely keep Klopp if they fail to make it to the CL.

bayern should take advantage and get rid of flick for either nagelsmann or klopp(if he fancies the move). flick is just a fraud anyway, luck runs out eventually.

If Koeman wins Copa he will probably continue and if he wins both La Liga and Copa he will continue for sure. I don't particularly like Koeman but we need to be honest and admit that there is a visible improvement in our way of playing over the last month. If we continue in this direction we should give him another year.

my only gripe with being nice guys to koeman now would be that we delay the sacking by a year. if he wins either(or both) copa or liga, we are forced to give him the job. but i still haven't seen anything about his game management that gives me hope.

Last edited:

serghei

Koeman has to continue for another year for sure. We played exciting football 80% of the time with him, and if not for Lenglet's fuck-ups and poor finishing from the forwards in the first third of the season we'd be leading in La Liga.

Also, if the team continues to improve and we win titles with Koeman next year, he should be extended. You don't sack a legend just because you don't agree with some details. If he makes us a winning team that plays nice football while giving chances to the young players, nothing more I can ask.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Koeman has to continue for another year for sure. We played exciting football 80% of the time with him, and if not for Lenglet's fuck-ups and poor finishing from the forwards in the first third of the season we'd be leading in La Liga.

I am inclined to agree, but if you believe Nagelsmann can do better and help attract bigger names/signings that might be worth considering too. It all depends on whether they believe Koeman can take the team forward from here, especially if we get some of the names we're linked with. Then it isn't a rebuild anymore and we're in a win-now mode.

In any case the safe thing would be to keep Koeman assuming we keep doing well until the end of the season. The risky thing would be hiring Nagelsmann, but sometimes you need to take those risks to win.

That said, getting the likes of Haaland, Alaba seem like a long shot right now. We don't know anything until we can re-finance our debt and the new board does a proper audit of our financial situation.

So we're likely still in 'rebuild mode' next season.

soul24rage

I would like to keep Koeman for now. Players like Fati, Bob, Pique, and Araujo have been injured for a while so I would like to see how Koeman plays with a full squad and with the youngsters getting a year of experience.

Marshall D Teach

bayern should take advantage and get rid of flick for either nagelsmann or klopp(if he fancies the move). flick is just a fraud anyway, luck runs out eventually.

my only gripe with being nice guys to koeman now would be that we delay the sacking by a year. if he wins either(or both) copa or liga, we are forced to give him the job. but i still haven't seen anything about his game management that gives me hope.

His contract ends next year no? No need to fire him.

serghei

I am inclined to agree, but if you believe Nagelsmann can do better and help attract bigger names/signings that might be worth considering too. It all depends on whether they believe Koeman can take the team forward from here, especially if we get some of the names we're linked with. Then it isn't a rebuild anymore and we're in a win-now mode.

In any case the safe thing would be to keep Koeman assuming we keep doing well until the end of the season. The risky thing would be hiring Nagelsmann, but sometimes you need to take those risks to win.

That said, getting the likes of Haaland, Alaba seem like a long shot right now. We don't know anything until we can re-finance our debt and the new board does a proper audit of our financial situation.

So we're likely still in 'rebuild mode' next season.

I don't think Nagelsmann commands that sort of appeal with transfers though. At least not yet. He's not Pep or Klopp, who are both seen as leverage in transfers since they are world-famous winners many players would wanna work with.

Also, as an outsider, he might face more adversity when trying to impose tougher decisions. And the road for the rebuild is not yet very well established. There are still some roadblocks until we really commit fully. For 1 more season, we'll still be a team of veterans + raw talents, with not enough to bridge the gap between the generations.

The only way the decision is hard is if Nagelsmann moves to another big club in the summer without us acting. He is IMO the hottest manager who could be brought in (with Xavi close second for me). If he wants to move, it depends on how much Laporta values Koeman and how important he sees Nagelsmann for the new project.

Would be interesting to talk to Nagelsmann for 2022, but if Koman has a very successful next season, it's hard to betray him just because you have a deal with Nagelsmann. Would be seen as a dirty move and as a black mark on Laporta imo.

Last edited:

Porque

I'm all for Nagelsmann in a seasons time. Let's clear the seniors who will have subconscious age bias against him first.

Pique, Messi, Alba, maybe Busquets but he seems more tactically astute.

Plus I would like to have Koeman continue with his youth integrations. Nagelsmann may be a superior coach but I would hate for him to come in and potentially give Pedri less minutes for X, Araujo less minutes for Y, Ilaix back to B for Z.

jairzinho

Don't think they will fire him, unless we have a late season collapse. If we do well, la liga/top 2 finish plus Copa, he stays. Besides, Koeman is a club legend. Laporta would factor in that aswell.

El Gato

Villarato!
RM seems to be keeping Zidane,

?

For at least a month it's been strongly suggested he's not staying beyond the summer. Unless for an unexpectedly good result vs an elite side, I dont think we're keeping him. More likely we'll hire Allegri on 2 year deal and take the termination fee hit next summer to possibly bring Poch or Nagelsmann in

khaled_a_d

?

For at least a month it's been strongly suggested he's not staying beyond the summer. Unless for an unexpectedly good result vs an elite side, I dont think we're keeping him. More likely we'll hire Allegri on 2 year deal and take the termination fee hit next summer to possibly bring Poch or Nagelsmann in

I read that you have denied that report, no?

khaled_a_d

If Flick takes the German NT job, Bayern could be a place for Nagelsmann. Also not sure if Liverpool will definitely keep Klopp if they fail to make it to the CL.

NT job could open a Pandora box box with coaching changes, same with any change in plans with the clubs I mentioned. That is the risk tbf.
But Klopp already denied that he will go for NT job, and I think if Liverpool is interested in retooling the team then he is for sure staying next season.
Klopp is the one controlling the sporting project there, and if they fire him they risk a lot.
Stranger things has happened in football though.

Flick to German NT is an interesting idea, he fits the category there (long time assistant in his career, was Low assistant for 8 years).
Bayern is the bigger job tbf, but NT is the more stable one, he knows he could stay there for next decade while in Bayern he could be phased out in couple of years. Depending on his preference.
It is a risk if we are convinced so much with Nagelsmann, but I think the odds are still favorably in our side to get him in 2022

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Fraud? Hardly. Flick glued Bayern together again and ingested energy into that team that was missing from the Kovac reign. Bayern's treble was on him obviously and almost every Bayern fan loves him and wants to keep him.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
NT job could open a Pandora box box with coaching changes, same with any change in plans with the clubs I mentioned. That is the risk tbf.
But Klopp already denied that he will go for NT job, and I think if Liverpool is interested in retooling the team then he is for sure staying next season.
Klopp is the one controlling the sporting project there, and if they fire him they risk a lot.
Stranger things has happened in football though.

Flick to German NT is an interesting idea, he fits the category there (long time assistant in his career, was Low assistant for 8 years).
Bayern is the bigger job tbf, but NT is the more stable one, he knows he could stay there for next decade while in Bayern he could be phased out in couple of years. Depending on his preference.
It is a risk if we are convinced so much with Nagelsmann, but I think the odds are still favorably in our side to get him in 2022

Agreed. I just think if Flick goes for the NT job then it is almost a shoo-in for Nagelsmann to take up the Bayern job, he will definitely prefer them over us if both of us are pursuing him. No German manager will turn down Bayern.

Home of Barca Fans