Joan Laporta

stk93

they are same age.. when messi won his first bdo, nagelsmann was nobody, probably just a fan of him/barca. bad idea for me

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Or perhaps it is the opposite and Messi still not happy with the way Koeman/Barca treated Suarez last summer.

Could be, but I don't think that's the case given he had a bust-up with Monchi who called Koeman for a loser after one of our Sevilla games.

If anything I bet he blames Bartomeu for it. Messi seems like the type of guy who likes Koeman's honesty and straightforwardness.

He is not ready for such a big job plus he doesn't have the authority or status as a legend or former player.
When Koeman speaks the players listen even though they probably don't agree with everything.
Naglesman is a promising manager but would not suit our club. Do you think Messi would listen to him? This would be Setien all over again.

I think Nagelsmann would suit any team and is ready to make the next step, but that if Messi leaves he's more likely to come. Besides it's time to rebuild and not care about what our senior players say or think.

Having a strong President and sporting management would ensure they stay in line.

But like I said I'm not sure it's the right time. At the moment I'm leaning towards giving Koeman another season, but it obviously depends on how the season ends.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Could be, but I don't think that's the case given he had a bust-up with Monchi who called Koeman for a loser after one of our Sevilla games.

If anything I bet he blames Bartomeu for it. Messi seems like the type of guy who likes Koeman's honesty and straightforwardness.

I think Nagelsmann would suit any team and is ready to make the next step, but that if Messi leaves he's more likely to come. Besides it's time to rebuild and not care about what our senior players say or think.

Having a strong President and sporting management would ensure they stay in line.

But like I said I'm not sure it's the right time. At the moment I'm leaning towards giving Koeman another season, but it obviously depends on how the season ends.

Monchi and the other Sevilla guy came down to players area and moaned about referees after their comment in last game. There was nothing really to suggest Messi was sticking up for Koeman there.

Of course he will blame Bartomeu but it is possible to be unhappy with more than one person and Koeman has said he also wanted Suarez out.

All guess work but not sure Messi is a supporter of Koeman as made out. No evidence of that really.

Joan

Messi could be the only obstacle for Nagelsmann's authority. Alba is no major factor, Pique and Busquets are professionals who see themselves tied to the club in the future.

It's a tough call. Nagelsmann seems more promising in the long run, but it doesn't sit right with me. Koeman's doing fine job with out rebuild and makes steps in the right direction. Might be smart to keep him for another season even if didn't end up winning a trophy at the end.

khaled_a_d

Tell Nagelsmann to start his Spanish class and prepare for the job in 2022, honour Koemann's contract too.
RM seems to be keeping Zidane,Liverpool City,Chelsea, PSG & Milan have their coach for next season. Tottenham has the money but lacks the appeal for coach like him tbh.
Only 2 big clubs that might have coaching vacancy are Manu & Juve, the later always stick to Italian coach (Deschamps is the only non Italian coach they had since 1974, and he stayed there for a year in 2nd division, and was their ex player) and I doubt he will take NT at that age.
If Manu finished 2nd, I think Ole stays. That leave us with leverage to get him in 2022.

Last edited:

Birdy

Tell Nagelsmann to start his Spanish class and prepare for the job in 2022, honour Koemann's contract too.
RM seems to be keeping Zidane,Liverpool City,Chelsea, PSG & Milan have their coach for next season. Tottenham has the money but lacks the appeal for coach like him tbh.
Only 2 big clubs that might have coaching vacancy are Manu & Juve, the later always stick to Italian coach (Deschamps is the only non Italian coach they had since 1974, and he stayed there for a year in 2nd division, and was their ex layer) and I doubt he will take NT at that age.
If Manu finished 2nd, I think Ole stays. That leave us with leverage to get him in 2022.

The best for Barca will be to let Koeman do the wonderful job of rebuilding and re-imposing the authority of the coach which needs at least another year, irrespective of Messi's decision...

I don't see any obstacle in Nagelsman joining in 2022. IMO he probably wants to stay a bit more at Leipzig, since it's only his 2nd season there.
Things can be agreed beforehand, as it has happened with other clubs/coaches in the past.

The only real obstacle will be another club luring him earlier, which -agreeing with Khaled - seems unlikely atm

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Only 2 big clubs that might have coaching vacancy are Manu & Juve, the later always stick to Italian coach (Deschamps is the only non Italian coach they had since 1974, and he stayed there for a year in 2nd division, and was their ex player) and I doubt he will take NT at that age.

If Flick takes the German NT job, Bayern could be a place for Nagelsmann. Also not sure if Liverpool will definitely keep Klopp if they fail to make it to the CL.

Andresito

Staff member
If Flick takes the German NT job, Bayern could be a place for Nagelsmann. Also not sure if Liverpool will definitely keep Klopp if they fail to make it to the CL.

Don't think they'd act so rashly. This Liverpool is what it is thanks to him. It'd be like sacking Simeone.

serghei

Koeman -> Naggelsman -> Xavi looks great to me as far as managerial planning is concerned for the next 6-10 years. Doen't get any better and clearer.

Will be a bit disrespectful for Koeman if he doesn't get one more season based on his work so far. But I think Nagelsmann is a better manager and there's a good chance he'll be the next Jurgen Klopp. He already admitted being influenced by Pep's Barca a lot, so he fits with everything except language.

Raketa10

Koeman -> Naggelsman -> Xavi looks great to me as far as managerial planning is concerned for the next 6-10 years. Doen't get any better and clearer.

Will be a bit disrespectful for Koeman if he doesn't get one more season based on his work so far. But I think Nagelsmann is a better manager and there's a good chance he'll be the next Jurgen Klopp. He already admitted being influenced by Pep's Barca a lot, so he fits with everything except language.

If Koeman wins Copa he will probably continue and if he wins both La Liga and Copa he will continue for sure. I don't particularly like Koeman but we need to be honest and admit that there is a visible improvement in our way of playing over the last month. If we continue developing we should give him another year.

Moreover, he gave a chance to Araujo, Mingueza, Ilaix and even Puig in recent months. De Jong improved under him, Pedri and Dest are playing regularly. Furthermore, he has balls to bench Coutinho, Griezmann, Pjanic and even Busi. We need to give him credit for that. IMHO his coaching stuff, particularly Alfred Schreuder is also much better than the ones of Valverde or Setien.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans