Joan Laporta

gregorrin10

I think out of the three, Coutinho will be a very difficult sell. Injury prone and has basically been a no show for Barca this season. Perhaps some EPL team like Everton will take him for 15-20 mill. Don't see any top team wanting him.

Arsenal would surely want him, if they can't get buy Odeegard after his loan ends. And they probably won't even be playing Europa League next season, so getting fringe players from better clubs is really their only hope. And if they could/can handle Ozil/Aubameyang 300k+ weekly wages, they can take on Coutinho too. And with them not even in Europe next season I see them (and their fans) desperate enough to think of Coutinho as a great bargain signing (I'm guessing we won't be able to get more than 30M for him), considering he cost 160M just a few seasons ago, and is still 28, just getting into his best years (from the neutral point of view, we know the dude is more or less finished, will only get worse as almost any other Brazilian approaching 30).

Maybe even West Ham, if they somehow manage to stay in top 4 until the end of the season. Although they do have the great Lingard :worthy: so it's questionable that they even need Coutinho.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
As things stand, Joan Laporta isn’t looking for other coaches. It is assured that Laporta’s confidence in Ronald Koeman is ‘total’ and that, he still counts on him for next season. He fully trusts the Dutch coach. @ffpolo

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Is Domenech reliable? I could be wrong but I remember reading somewhere that he worked for MARCA for many years.

He works for the Cat Radio. Used to be reliable I'd say but lost credibility after the shenanigans he pulled regarding De Ligt's transfer (95% sure, something like that), at least to me.

Barcilliant

Why are people so big on Naglesman? If he came here he would be the next Vilas Boas.
Priority should be getting Haaland and Alaba and getting rid for f the deadwood like Umtiti, Coutinho, Griezmann only if Messi leaves) Pjanic, Lenglet etc

El Gato

Villarato!
That's almost a given in any scenario though isn't it

Point is we both know he's not very credible at the moment and story doesn't add up.

serghei

Ibra was a very un-Barca transfer but lo and behold.....

FEAzlatan.jpg

Well, Ibra transfer is part of why I don't exclude it. But even if, say, we're reaching an agreement with Haaland, Raiola, and pay Dortmund the release clause, there's the problem of how could a club so much in debt afford another 100m+ transfer?

There are multiple levels where this transfer is unlikely. I'm fully on board with you guys, if Laporta makes this happen, he's a master president. Because it requires high skill on multiple levels: diplomatic, in terms of connections, economical knowledge to find a way to finance it, skills in promoting the club and its advantages over others, etc.

It's a very complicated transfer in complicated times for the club.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans