Joan Laporta

Vilarrubi

Well, Ibra transfer is part of why I don't exclude it. But even if, say, we're reaching an agreement with Haaland, Raiola, and pay Dortmund the release clause, there's the problem of how could a club so much in debt afford another 100m+ transfer?

There are multiple levels where this transfer is unlikely. I'm fully on board with you guys, if Laporta makes this happen, he's a master president. Because it requires high skill on multiple levels: diplomatic, in terms of connections, economical knowledge to find a way to finance it, skills in promoting the club and its advantages over others, etc.

It's a very complicated transfer in complicated times for the club.

“Coutinho, Griezmann, Braithwaite, Umtiti, Pjanic, Neto, Junior and Matheus are on their way out. — Sport”

Seeing more and more reports from various journalists about it and how we want to approach it. It is a dream of course but let’s see what Laporta can do.

Apparently we want Haaland, Alaba, Garcia, Gaya and possibly Depay. Let’s hope.

serghei

?Coutinho, Griezmann, Braithwaite, Umtiti, Pjanic, Neto, Junior and Matheus are on their way out. ? Sport?

Seeing more and more reports from various journalists about it and how we want to approach it. It is a dream of course but let?s see what Laporta can do.

Apparently we want Haaland, Alaba, Garcia, Gaya and possibly Depay. Let?s hope.

Those are the good rumors. How about the Aguero one? :lol: That's not so good.

Out of that list I'd keep Junior Firpo tbh.

FC B

“Coutinho, Griezmann, Braithwaite, Umtiti, Pjanic, Neto, Junior and Matheus are on their way out. — Sport”

Seeing more and more reports from various journalists about it and how we want to approach it. It is a dream of course but let’s see what Laporta can do.

Apparently we want Haaland, Alaba, Garcia, Gaya and possibly Depay. Let’s hope.

Ok but why isn't Lenglet on that list? He must be ousted asap.

serghei

Ok but why isn't Lenglet on that list? He must be ousted asap.

And that. Lenglet has to be shipped out immediately in the summer. While he doesn't completely embarrass himself to the point nobody will want him. If we're not already in that point.

Vilarrubi

Agree Lenglet out should be priority. This is what sport was reporting about it...

“Barca will try to sell Junior Firpo, Coutinho, Griezmann, Braithwaite, Neto, Umtiti, Matheus Fernandes and Pjanic to afford the signing of Haaland this summer. They will also listen to offers for Lenglet, but won't actively try to sell him.

— Sport”

Vilarrubi

Laporta was the one who got rid of Ronaldinho, Deco and very close to selling Eto’o in one season. If there’s anyone who can do a cull of players it’s him. Imagine Barto trying to get rid of 3 of the big name players in one season :lol:

Obviously wages are an issue because they are so high and clubs can’t afford a lot due to COVID. Let’s hope anyway.

serghei

Laporta was the one who got rid of Ronaldinho, Deco and very close to selling Eto’o in one season. If there’s anyone who can do a cull of players it’s him. Imagine Barto trying to get rid of 3 of the big name players in one season :lol:

Obviously wages are an issue because they are so high and clubs can’t afford a lot due to COVID. Let’s hope anyway.

At this point, I'd sell at a big loss (which kind of goes without saying). At least Coutinho, who is a non-factor. Griezmann is not a tragedy if we can't sell this summer. He still contributes. But Coutinho.... the less said the better.

Vilarrubi

At this point, I'd sell at a big loss (which kind of goes without saying). At least Coutinho, who is a non-factor. Griezmann is not a tragedy if we can't sell this summer. He still contributes. But Coutinho.... the less said the better.

EwUkjUMXAAIpftc

This is why it’s key to sell/offload most of those players, 63m just on wages for those 4. Can offer Haaland a very nice wage if we offload players.

serghei

EwUkjUMXAAIpftc

This is why it’s key to sell/offload most of those players, 63m just on wages for those 4. Can offer Haaland a very nice wage if we offload players.

Don't get me wrong, all need to go, especially if Haaland and Depay arrive. But Griezmann is still a top-class player for the right team, so we should expect some return of investment here, much higher than in the case of the others.

JerseyAddict

EwUkjUMXAAIpftc

This is a disaster... So much money for no end product... They won't leave because no one in right mimd will pay them these wages. That's why they are stuck here... Overpaying in a transfer is just one thing, but paying such wages is a real problem.

Joan

Coutinho's wage is cca 110k per week net? It is high, but expected higher. Clubs like Arsenal could pay that. Duration of contract must be taken into consideration.

The only club I can see being interested in Umtiti is Lyon. His contract expires in 2 and a half years' time? That's... 18m net, if I'm not mistaken. That's a lot. We'll need to pay at least some of his wages to get rid of him. As I doubt he's got any professional ambitions left.

Such a ridiculous contract when you look at it. Even for his level at the time.

Vilarrubi

Don't get me wrong, all need to go, especially if Haaland and Depay arrive. But Griezmann is still a top-class player for the right team, so we should expect some return of investment here, much higher than in the case of the others.

It’s a big loss but I’d take 50m for Griezmann. That and his wages for another 3 seasons is around 140m made/saved. Can do some serious business with just that sale, never mind all the rest.

Home of Barca Fans