Joan Laporta

khaled_a_d

Those are the good rumors. How about the Aguero one? :lol: That's not so good.

Out of that list I'd keep Junior Firpo tbh.

Over Gaya? That is interesting take, they are similar age and Gaya price is 15M.

Aguero rumors now is that he was offered to Laporta, we didn't make an offer to him yet.

Vilarrubi

Over Gaya? That is interesting take, they are similar age and Gaya price is 15M.

Aguero rumors now is that he was offered to Laporta, we didn't make an offer to him yet.

Agree. Firpo has had one good game I can recall and that’s the game against PSG as sub. Other games he’s been below average.

JamDav1982

Betis get 20% of any Firpo sale.

Wonder if club will try to put some players their way to avoid that 20% and the 6m/20% for Emerson as well.

Firpo had more than one good game but rare. He is strong as an ox as well with pace which should hopefully be appealing to EPL teams.

Griezmann most likely move could be back to Atletico if they sell Felix or Suarez leaves. Not sure who in EPL.. maybe Chelsea as Tuchel has said in past likes him and is playing a front two.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Wonder if club will try to put some players their way to avoid that 20% and the 6m/20% for Emerson as well.

Firpo had more than one good game but rare. He is strong as an ox as well with pace which should hopefully be appealing to EPL teams.

Griezmann most likely move could be back to Atletico if they sell Felix or Suarez leaves. Not sure who in EPL.. maybe Chelsea as Tuchel has said in past likes him and is playing a front two.

Think it will be a tough sell for Atletico to their fans, but you never know. Griezmann's wife didn't want to leave Madrid to begin with in that documentary so perhaps he'll be open to moving back too :lol:

Sorin

Like I said in another thread, there is money to be made for Haland. It all depends on Laporta's, and to some extent Koeman's, ability to convince players to leave.

Lenglet, Firpo, Dembele, Puig, Braithwaite could get us close to 100m, give or take. All expandable players. If not enough, we could also try to sell Roberto, Trincao who still have some semblance of value. Youth players like Collado too.

On the other hand I do have a hard time believing we can sell the likes of Griezmann, Coutinho, Umtiti or Pjanic. Best we can do is getting them to leave on loan while paying a part of their wages.

Bring in Alaba, Gaya, Garcia, Depay, Emerson for 25m or whatever they cost, sign Messi for 2 years 30m/year, use everything else to go in all in for Haland. Improve both wage structure and quality.

We'd still be short one world class CB though. If Messi doesn't renew use the funds to buy one.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not everything need to be done this summer. The time to sign a World Class CB if we need one is probably 2022 or 2023, and might well be another Raiola client.

Sorin

If Araujo continues to be injury prone, we can't wait 2 years to buy a good CB. Hopefully, he gets over these small injuries so we don't need to fork even more money.

gregorrin10

I'd offer Alena up to them, he looked good with them, when he was on loan. On the other hand, we need to stop sending players to Getafe, especially if it's only on loan. If we're selling, I couldn't be bothered, but when you loan a player, you need to find the right club, where he's a good fit and the team plays at least somewhat similarly to us. And even if you don't plan on bringing the player back into the team, but just loan him out and then sell him for profit, you pretty much guarantee he's gonna lose value, if you send him there, since Getafe (along with Atletico) is pretty much the farthest team from playing similar to us, when it comes to La Liga.

JamDav1982

I'd offer Alena up to them, he looked good with them, when he was on loan. On the other hand, we need to stop sending players to Getafe, especially if it's only on loan. If we're selling, I couldn't be bothered, but when you loan a player, you need to find the right club, where he's a good fit and the team plays at least somewhat similarly to us. And even if you don't plan on bringing the player back into the team, but just loan him out and then sell him for profit, you pretty much guarantee he's gonna lose value, if you send him there, since Getafe (along with Atletico) is pretty much the farthest team from playing similar to us, when it comes to La Liga.

Alena was not even a regular starter with Betis.

Doubt they put much value on him.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
The most important thing for him to do is to convince Messi to stay. After that, everything is bonus.

He will have to take a big pay cut.

Maybe it would be best to win the Copa and say goodbye together with Pique and Busquets and let the new chapter begin.

Home of Barca Fans