Joan Laporta

Birdy

EwUkjUMXAAIpftc

This is why it?s key to sell/offload most of those players, 63m just on wages for those 4. Can offer Haaland a very nice wage if we offload players.

Griezman on 33.8 m net LMAOL
I don't give a damn how much Atletico was paying him.
Coutinho might need to go as well, but the difference in their wages says that Griezman needs to go ASAP.

I wonder IF Messi goes, whether they decide to keep one of Griez/Cou

Messigician

More members of Laporta's board will resign after a heated argument that occurred between some of them.

? COPE

Wtf is going on

❗Official: Jaume Gir? has resigned, and will not be part of Laporta's board.

khaled_a_d

Well this is escalating quickly. Whats the profile of those who are resigning so quickly.

Covert Rossellistas?

Only one economic vice president, good version of the story is that he currently has job in London and will be tough to travel between cities.
Ugly version is huge arguments and others might follow

serghei

It's expected tbh, especially in the economics department. The economic situation of the club is a mess thanks to the covid crisis and the disastrous previous board. All I can hope is that Laporta and his team will do something to fix it.

Despite some news that it's not as bad as rumored, I really do believe financially we're in a really bad spot. It's why I'm very skeptical about really big transfers materializing, at least for a good few years. I think we're approaching an austerity period, and I don't believe in magical solutions that will get us out of this economical hole we're in.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What is going on? What was the fight about? Over specific economic policies? The London travel thingy sounds like an excuse since it is unimaginable that they didn't foresee this when Giro joined Laporta's candidacy.

Since Giro was the face of Laporta's economic program, this is very concerning.

serghei

What is going on? What was the fight about? Over specific economic policies? The London travel thingy sounds like an excuse since it is unimaginable that they didn't foresee this when Giro joined Laporta's candidacy.

Since Giro was the face of Laporta's economic program, this is very concerning.

Sport says some guy named Ferran Reverter, apparently club CEO, will be having a definitive final word on economical decisions under Laporta's tenure, and this was deemed unacceptable by Giro.

JerseyAddict

Well. It was an easy job to make promissess. Now when Laporta needs to make them real, financial department has a "debt as an ocean" in front of them.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Sport says some guy named Ferran Reverter, apparently club CEO, will be having a definitive final word on economical decisions under Laporta's tenure, and this was deemed unacceptable by Giro.

Thanks. Sounds like pure corporate backroom politics then. I don't know either man well enough to know if that was a good decision by Laporta, from the bio of Ferran Reverter he looks like a very competent manager and personally I didn't like Giro's performance in the debate he did with Font and Freixa. I hope this will not hurt the club.

serghei

Well. It was an easy job to make promissess. Now when Laporta needs to make them real, financial department has a "debt as an ocean" in front of them.

Precisely, the populist speech from the campaign does jack shit once you are confronted with the real situation. The time for talking is over, now let's see them how they tackle the issues.

JerseyAddict

Precisely, the populist speech from the campaign does jack shit once you are confronted with the real situation. The time for talking is over, now let's see them how they tackle the issues.

Exactly. And I am affraid that his big promissess could be jack shit... We will end up on free signings. Only IF Barca somehow offloads Griez, Umtiti, Lenglet, Cou, Roberto.. heck that is almost impossible task. Who on Earth is onsane to take that wage on it's head. Overpayin finaly bite Barca's ass.

Home of Barca Fans