Joan Laporta

spursandbarca

and those comments about not wanting Fabregas. they were totally tongue in check.

why just not talk about other clubs players which is what any rational person would do.

dont know who I hate more Laporta or Gordon Brown

P

Pepelmaestro

Don't forget about Elefant Blau: this was the start of the ressurection of F.C. Barcelona after 6 years without winning any trophee.
Also making Unicef the shirt-"sponsor" was a great idea.
Choosing Guardiola as the succesor of Rijkaard (with or without the blessing of Cruyff) was the best thing a president has ever done for Barça.

But he has to keep politics and his job at the club seperated. By always associating Barça with Catalunya he might offend a lot of culés who are not from Catalunya. Especially Barça-fans who live in other parts of Spain. Like Del Nido (president of Sevilla) said a few weeks ago

spursandbarca

whose idea was the whole elefant blau??? who put the whole team together. Rosell should have been the one who challenged Gaspart from the start.

laportas many many mistakes......

1. not resigning after the mocio de censura

2. Pulling his trousers down in the airport

3. having an affair and somehow managing to keep it out of the press

4. his brother in law being part of fundacio Franco

5. his stupid speech to Penyas

6. the war of words with Rosell and the 5 directors who resigned because of this

7. being too visible. collecting a champions league medal. give me a break

8. too much faith in Txiki despite some really odd and poor signings

9. his law firm taking 3 million euros for the sale of Mallorca.

10. a personal witchunt against Giralt becuase of the mocio de censura. Linking sandro rosell to the mocio despite any evidence.

11. Using the club for his own political aspirations.

12. No diplomacy with other club presidents

The club has achieved success in spite of Laporta no due to his actions. He didnt sign Ronaldinho or Eto'o who were the catalysts of the success.

G.J

V.H. 4 life
Laporta takes full credit for taking him off madrid at a time where people were busy with the Trezgols and Vangols of the world.

P

Pepelmaestro

Who had the balls to challenge Gaspart?

whose idea was the whole elefant blau??? who put the whole team together. Rosell should have been the one who challenged Gaspart from the start.

laportas many many mistakes......

1. not resigning after the mocio de censura

2. Pulling his trousers down in the airport

3. having an affair and somehow managing to keep it out of the press

4. his brother in law being part of fundacio Franco

5. his stupid speech to Penyas

6. the war of words with Rosell and the 5 directors who resigned because of this

7. being too visible. collecting a champions league medal. give me a break

8. too much faith in Txiki despite some really odd and poor signings

9. his law firm taking 3 million euros for the sale of Mallorca.

10. a personal witchunt against Giralt becuase of the mocio de censura. Linking sandro rosell to the mocio despite any evidence.

11. Using the club for his own political aspirations.

12. No diplomacy with other club presidents

The club has achieved success in spite of Laporta no due to his actions. He didnt sign Ronaldinho or Eto'o who were the catalysts of the success.

1. Why resign if you win the motion?
2. Ok
3. Who doesn't
4. So? I' m married to my wife, not to her family.
5. So? He can say wathever he wants. No? (freedom of speech) Especally to people who don't believe in you.
6. Once again: Freedom of speech.
7. Ok (even Platini was shocked to see him there boughting his head) just let him have one.
8. Every team does a bad signing once in a while (Hleb was a mistake, Chykrinsky too, but the last one was Guardiola's choice)
9. Legally arranged. You, I, and everybody else can make profit in a legal way.
10. An eye for an eye.
11. ok
12. Best friends with Del Nido (they like to tease eachother) The only one who invited Calderon too come and watxh Barça-Real was Laporta.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
1. Why resign if you win the motion? Because he didn't win, he just didn't lose it, the majority voted against him and his mandate for governing Barça was seriously dimished if not removed altogether.

4. So? I' m married to my wife, not to her family. But the brother was employed at the club, Laporta covered up his involvement with the FFF and continued to lie about it until MD printer a letter from the FFF confirming Echevarias status as a member. Plus if you put yourself forward as Mr Catalan then you can't be seen to be chummy with fascist Spanish nationalists.

5. So? He can say wathever he wants. No? (freedom of speech) Especally to people who don't believe in you. In theory, but in reality there is a certain decorum and standard of behaviour required of a Barça president. By indulging in an unseemly public slanging match he brings the office of president and the club into disrepute.

9. Legally arranged. You, I, and everybody else can make profit in a legal way. It's a Caesar's wife situation again - the difference between legality and morality is often massive and a Barça president has to stay on the right side of both.

10. An eye for an eye. See above

12. Best friends with Del Nido (they like to tease eachother) The only one who invited Calderon too come and watxh Barça-Real was Laporta. Claptrap, Del Nido has his politics just as Laporta does (Sevilla's CL strip bearing the Spanish colours is testament to that) and has caused friction between the two as it has with other presidents. It's always been an unspoken truth that Barça is a Catalanista institution but never has it been so blatantly flaunted at that level. The presidency isn't a platform for somebody's political views, there are Catalan institutions which the club should support but going on political marches and demanding political changes is not the place of FCB or its president.

:flagvl8:

Last edited:
P

Pepelmaestro

:flagvl8:

Best friends with Del Nido (they like to tease eachother) The only one who invited Calderon too come and watxh Barça-Real was Laporta. Claptrap, Del Nido has his politics just as Laporta does (Sevilla's CL strip bearing the Spanish colours is testament to that) and has caused friction between the two as it has with other presidents. It's always been an unspoken truth that Barça is a Catalanista institution but never has it been so blatantly flaunted at that level. The presidency isn't a platform for somebody's political views, there are Catalan institutions which the club should support but going on political marches and demanding political changes is not the place of FCB or its president.

What I wrote is no claptrap: Del Nido and Laporta are good friends. They may have political differences but they are friends.
The only La Liga president Laporta has no good relationship with is Daniel Sánchez Llibre (Espanyol)

About what you wrote about politics I allready agreed with your tenth point.

beef-supreme

Laporta is a politicking and manipulative knob, can't take away any of his achievements and I greatly value what he's done, I respect him as well, but I really think it's the right time for him to bugger off because he's made maany mistakes and I prefer to keep the club as transparent as possible and with as little in-fighting, controversy, and shady Bunyodkor deals as possible.

christina

Pure Happiness
Apparently he was impressed by the work of the mossad in Dubai ..

According to the spanish reports "marca" , laporta , president of Barcelona hired an Israeli security company due to fear of attack on radical Muslim on him and the group offices.

According to the newspaper, Laporta took out a sum of 420,000 euros per year for the company's security services, and so many members of the executive Catalan club did not know anything about it.

Same Israeli security firm, according to reports, located in Switzerland and Laporta decided to contact with the company owners to protect the club's offices "from Arab attack".

According to reports, the security company are, at least partly, a former Mossad who carry out security work around Laporta and Barcelona office for two months already, when the rest of the management is not aware that.

Home of Barca Fans