Joan Laporta

maz

I walk the line
Some cules want laporta out because of his dealings with the local fans, and I've experienced that first hand, but I don't think anyone can deny that he has brought the club a long long way, and has left it in a much better state than when he arrived.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He had the guts to take the club in difficult times, guts to stick with Frank in first season and guts to appoint Pep when even Catalan polls were suggesting Mourinho.

maz

I walk the line
I give him great credit for the Frank decision. That probably defined his presidency: stability and success.

As for the pep decision, I don't want to take anything away from laporta from that, but even Joan himself admitted he didn't see success like that. So I would definitely say the Frank decision was the best president-style decision he made, while the Pep decision was good fortune for all the hard work he'd done shaping the club.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
Thank you Joan you saved my Futbol club from a very horrible place and took us to nirvana... thank you i will always remember you and i will miss you! enjoy your life and achieve many things

G.J

V.H. 4 life
Thank you thank you thank you for everything. I will miss that cheeky grin.

We will be waiting for you in 2014!

maz

I walk the line
What cheeky grin?

laporta_5.jpg

barca96

Some cules want laporta out because of his dealings with the local fans, and I've experienced that first hand, but I don't think anyone can deny that he has brought the club a long long way, and has left it in a much better state than when he arrived.

yeah...
why is he so unpopular?
what did he do?
i thought that he was only unpopular with the non barca fans..

maz

I walk the line
From what I understand, he alienated a lot of loyal cules with ticket pricing. It became more about bringing in the foreign fan than it did to letting the locals see their club. I was surprised how many local people I spoke to when I got to bcn about whether they went to the games or not, and pretty much all of them said they don't because of the pricing set by Laporta.

Having said that, there are many copa games and Cat C games that were barely half full, so it makes you wonder just how much of a fan these people really are.

I'm sure CA will be able to shed further light on the whole situation.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Someone has to say it.. We did pay million or two too much but securing, arguably, the best striker out there this fast is just fantastic.
Well done Joan!

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
I love you Laporta. I'll never forget you. I wish you a succesful politic career. Free us from Spain.

Home of Barca Fans