Joan Laporta

BlaugranaGirl

I'll miss him and his cheshire cat grin. I had many laughs over the years at his (half-hearted) attempts to conceal a smile after we'd just scored. It'll be weird without him.

beef-supreme

Certainly brought us a lot of happiness and now Barca is up there again. I hope that he has left the finances steady and the next management can take over and continue his project.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Someone has to say it.. We did pay million or two too much but securing, arguably, the best striker out there this fast is just fantastic.
Well done Joan!
Exactly. That's why I love Joan so much. Thank you so much for bringing so much joy by making Ibra come here. (jk):lol: :lol:

His reign as president was successful, but it did have rocky roads during his time. I love it that he could dig at Real Madrid so often, it was just laughable at times.

He did go through that no confident vote with the vote and having board members resign. Signing and resigning Guardiola as coach and straightening out the finances were his best moves of all. That HERM time was terrible, reminded me of Galactigos that RM went through the first time.

JCCR_FCB

Barcelona, a Cidade Condal
But in the end, he was one of the best leaders of Barça history... that is a fact... if he have political ambitions, it does not matter ... left work done...

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
But in the end, he was one of the best leaders of Barça history... that is a fact... if he have political ambitions, it does not matter ... left work done...

"best" is not a fact, that's an opinion. A fact is that he has been one of the most successful presidents (if not the most successful) from a sporting perspective in the club's history because that's a quantifiable statement.

S

Super Pippo

Surely any statement is an opinion regardless of wether its factual or not.

Anyway I think you have to say he is the best, because he has brought the greatest success, what else can you measure a president by? It's the same for Berlusconi, you can say he is not a very pleasant person, and has done many dubious things, but you can't say he is not the best president of Milan, even club football, based on trophies won. It is a fact, like laporta is the best.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
I actually think he has been one of the best president's in our history, whether by luck, judgement or financial lunacy he has brought us a golden era of success and we should all be grateful for that.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
I actually think he has been one of the best president's in our history, whether by luck, judgement or financial lunacy he has brought us a golden era of success and we should all be grateful for that.

I will miss his awkwardness and cheeky smile.. we were in chaos when he came in and he re did alot and now look at us

Home of Barca Fans