Joan Laporta

Farripas

Easy, he will do the same as in 2003. All sections will see their budget reduced and with that budget they will have to compete and go as far as they can. For the club to function and be financially healthy the first team must be competitive and all efforts will go there. Section fans have for years enjoyed oversized budgets and squads where they have win nothing.
Once the club recovers thanks to the first football team, these budgets will increase.

I agree with this. Specially since handball, futsal, roller hockey have almost no competition internally. Futsal has a little more, but not that much. Basketball is where we have the most competition internally. All those sections should try to win with a budget and not go overboard. If we don't win, to bad. I'd like to win, of course, but we can't spend millions and not win the CL (or European League, depending on the section). We've been doing that in almost all those sections and not win when we're supposed to.

Prodi

We have won a lot domestically, just not enough in Europe (we have won the futsal CL last year and roller hockey European championship in 2018).

Oh well, I guess we will just have to be prepared for a period of not being a favorite in Europe then. I hope domestically we can still be No.1, especially for women's football, handball and roller hockey.

I don't follow futsal but from what I read in Spanish forums the criticism of the coach is brutal, according to what I read he has a great team but they don't play as a team, they are based on individualities.

I think that with the women's soccer and basketball sections they will try to keep them competitive since they are the most important and the ones that should have the larger number of fans.

khaled_a_d

That is a philosophical question then. We have always been a multi-sport club, actually the most successful multi-sport club in Europe overall based on the number of trophies. However in several sections we are not even breaking even, I believe. For example we have been losing money in the basketball section for years, but we still aspire to be one of the best in not just Spain but Europe.

If the club were to adopt your thinking then I guess we will probably get rid of all other non-football sections. Not sure if the club and the socis are willing to go that far. I wouldn't.

We are football club first and foremost.
In good times, we can spare few millions to other sections to finance their success.
But in times of crisis? They can't be burdun on football section, they need to manage on their own just like football section

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't follow futsal but from what I read in Spanish forums the criticism of the coach is brutal, according to what I read he has a great team but they don't play as a team, they are based on individualities.

I think that with the women's soccer and basketball sections they will try to keep them competitive since they are the most important and the ones that should have the larger number of fans.

Earlier this season we had some really bad injuries on some key players and never recovered since, I believe.

What you said above makes sense, investing our money in those sections where most fans are, if we can't cover all.

Sterlingfan2000

Underperfom -> Blame the manager -> Change will come -> Anouncement of gettin rid of players and cutting wages -> Not really happening -> Hire new manager -> Same players underperform -> Blame the manager.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Underperfom -> Blame the manager -> Change will come -> Anouncement of gettin rid of players and cutting wages -> Not really happening -> Hire new manager -> Same players underperform -> Blame the manager.

Make up fake rumors and news --> Post quotes out of context obviously deliberately --> Post fakes quotes without a source that seem legit but isn't and you know it --> Make a new account, you know who you are Hamad --> Act like you're someone else and changed --> Rinse and repeat from point 1 to 3 all over again

It's May 21st.

Oh btw, did I forget you were a fan of multiple clubs? German and Arsenal as well?

Sterlingfan2000

Make up fake rumors and news --> Post quotes out of context obviously deliberately --> Post fakes quotes without a source that seem legit but isn't and you know it --> Make a new account, you know who you are Hamad --> Act like you're someone else and changed --> Rinse and repeat from point 1 to 3 all over again

It's May 21st.

Oh btw, did I forget you were a fan of multiple clubs? German and Arsenal as well?

Ah the deluded is back, who claimed laporta didn't want to speak the day inn the Super League. Then Perez came out and said the same thing. And then accuse someone.

Classic troll detected

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Ah the deluded is back, who claimed laporta didn't want to speak the day inn the Super League. Then Perez came out and said the same thing. And then accuse someone.

Classic troll detected

Remind me, did Laporta end up appearing at a press conference like Florentino Perez claimed?

If I'm a troll you're a rat. You've made what three accounts on here? Why were you banned? Maybe for trolling, talking shit about our own players while twerking for others.

Just like other guys here who create like five accounts because they keep getting kicked out.

For everyone who don't know this guy:

https://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/12709-Hamad-Remembrance-Thread

Definition of a classic, sad troll. Not very malicious, but attention seeking I guess.

Last edited:

Sterlingfan2000

Remind me, did Laporta end up appearing at a press conference like Florentino Perez claimed?

If I'm a troll you're a rat. You've made what three accounts on here? Why were you banned? Maybe for trolling, talking shit about our own players while twerking for others.

Just like other guys here who create like five accounts because they keep getting kicked out.

For everyone who don't know this guy:

https://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/12709-Hamad-Remembrance-Thread

Definition of a classic, sad troll. Not very malicious, but attention seeking I guess.

Let's not spam this thread but please get a Health Doctor Asap. U have mental Problems

FC B

No Hope because Players will just refuse to go and noone will pay their wages

There's got to be ways "to force" players a bit somehow, to put pressure on them to accept wage cuts or to leave, not easy but nor impossible either and Laporta seems to have quite a bit of expericence in doing that.

khaled_a_d

No Hope because Players will just refuse to go and noone will pay their wages

2 of the rumored players aspire to be working with Barca in the future, which in the long run will be more rewarding financially to them.
Sacrificing that for payment now is the stupid thing to do, they won't burn bridge with media, fans and a board that could be here for 12 years.

FC433

Alba is now being offered to reduce his salary/ he is going to be put on the market. I love that, we should and must renegotiate contracts since I believe that we are paying more than we should for a while. Teams like City, LFC, MUFC, CFC, Bayern, and PSG should be ahead of us when it comes to players' wages.

jairzinho

Alba is now being offered to reduce his salary/ he is going to be put on the market. I love that, we should and must renegotiate contracts since I believe that we are paying more than we should for a while. Teams like City, LFC, MUFC, CFC, Bayern, and PSG should be ahead of us when it comes to players' wages.

I don't mind Alba staying tbh. He can still be useful for a season or two.

Birdy

"BarcaTimes
?
1h
�� [
@gerardromero
��] | From tomorrow, Bar?a will be contacting players who they will not be counting on from next season, due to their bad performances and the end of a cycle, to communicate that they should look for a way out of the team"

MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Home of Barca Fans