Joan Laporta

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think it's worse than many fear or anticipate.

Oh we already know it's worse. A lot of overpaid, over market value contracts for Espai Barca work among other things.

Bartomeu wasn't hell bent on finishing his term to protect Barca and for the sake of stability.

serghei

Oh we already know it's worse. A lot of overpaid, over market value contracts for Espai Barca work among other things.

Bartomeu wasn't hell bent on finishing his term to protect Barca and for the sake of stability.

Yea, but we don't know what it means or what it translates to. We're talking Gaspart era of years and years of being European mediocrity? We do have some serious advantages that we lacked in early 00's. The club is no1 in popularity I think, or top 3 at least. So there's money to be made post covid if Laporta plays his part.

DonAK

Yea, but we don't know what it means. We're talking Gaspart wear of years and years of being European mediocrity?

Neither I think, but a few years of frugality and perhaps the need to sell stadium naming rights and more.

Time for multiple 100m+ signings done for a while if I have to guess. Need to spend well and spend wisely.

serghei

Neither I think, but a few years of frugality and perhaps the need to sell stadium naming rights and more.

Time for multiple 100m+ signings done for a while if I have to guess. Need to spend well and spend wisely for a while.

Yea, for me and most others here it's not a problem. I'm already prepared for it and see it as a natural stage in any big club's life. But how many of the more casual fans will stick in the bad times, and will we lose our spot among the worlds most popular teams?

DonAK

Yea, for me it's not a problem. I'm already prepared for it. But how many of the more casual fans will stick in the bad times, and will we lose our spot among the worlds most popular teams?

Won't be an issue if they spend well. I'm sure they'll try to sign one big superstar. We almost need it post-Messi and Laporta is likely looking for Haaland. Who knows if he comes to Barca though.

Have to hope Ansu gets over his injury troubles and we hit jackpot on some lower cost transfers like Bayern have done.

serghei

Won't be an issue if they spend well. I'm sure they'll try to sign one big superstar. We almost need it post-Messi and Laporta is likely looking for Haaland. Who knows if he comes to Barca though.

Have to hope Ansu gets over his injury troubles and we hit jackpot on some lower cost transfers like Bayern have done.

Yea, we need this, but this is mostly needed for economical purposes, for the club to still be very popular among new fans and all, and thus generate a lot of money post Messi. To get back on top on strictly football terms, other things are more important than just the big names. We lost sight of that under that prick Bartomeu.

I may be in the minority with Ansu, but still not convinced we're talking about a tier 1 talent here. Sure, the start was great, but this next step for him is the toughest. This bad injury couldn't have come at a worse time.

DonAK

Yea, we need this, but this is mostly needed for economical purposes, for the club to still be very popular among new fans and all, and thus generate a lot of money post Messi. To get back on top on strictly football terms, other things are more important than just the big names. We lost sight of that under that prick Bartomeu.

I may be in the minority with Ansu, but still not convinced we're talking about a tier 1 talent here. Sure, the start was great, but this next step for him is the toughest. This bad injury couldn't have come at a worse time.

There will be players that are stronger, better dribblers and quicker than Ansu, but 90% of those guys will never have Ansu's gift for finishing and movement which is tier 1 level IMO.

He need to stay healthy next season though, but I think he could have been a 15+ league goalscorer this season if healthy.

serghei

There will be players that are stronger, better dribblers and quicker than Ansu, but 90% of those guys will never have Ansu's gift for finishing and movement which is tier 1 level IMO.

He need to stay healthy next season though, but I think he could have been a 15+ league goalscorer this season if healthy.

Yea, that aspect of his game is elite and even more impressive as it is probably one of the rarest skills present in very young players. But he needs to add to that and round his game.

JamDav1982

From Laportas words Koeman did something last season to majorly piss him off.

Guessing maybe sticking with the 352 when stopped working..... or maybe not playing Puig could be it for all the Puig fansters out there.

Koeman must be gone after this press conference and probably trying to strike a deal and trying to see if Pep makes a bizarre and emotional decision after winning CL.

Xavi has very little chance of getting job it seems. Laporta clearly doesnt think he has the experience.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Laporta confirmed that we will incur a loss of 350m euros. That is probably the difference (amount of revenue) we would have received if COVID didn?t happen, based on projections, not on the absolute/traditional terms of revenue - expense = profits/losses. Otherwise I don?t really get how it can be this huge.

DonAK

I think after everything is said and done Koeman will continue for another season and then they'll make the change. Perhaps he's trying to convince Pep into committing from 2022 or maybe he'll go for Xavi next year after all.

Have a hard time seeing a genuine option right now. Shouldn't rush into making this decision. If he want to start his own project, a new project, he need a coach that will be there for the long-term.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
"Joan Laporta has broken her silence today after winning the election. Many questions had to be answered and the Bar?a president did. Before undergoing the scrutiny of journalists, he wanted to emphasize that if he gave his face it was because he had detected "impatience" in the environment and explained that they are the result of "different rhythms" with which Barcelona players want to know things and changes which are being introduced, which require more time. From the press conference, you need to stay, especially with some items. Laporta is optimistic about Messi's renewal, with Koeman taking a period of reflection to see if he can continue, the economic situation is critical and they are encountering unpleasant surprises that will force them to hold former leaders accountable. that he is not afraid of UEFA’s threats for the Super Cup and that with him losing the presidency will have consequences. And that the changes to the sections correspond to the will to give them a new impetus.

Here we leave you with an excerpt from his sentences from his long appearance he has made.

MESSAGE FOR THE SOCIS: “The message for the member is patience, optimism and conviction that next season will be successful and encouraging. I'm very happy with how it's working. "

WHO IS NOW THE SPORTS IDEOLOGIST ?: “Johan Cruyff has always been our ideologue. We are always inspired by him. We are brave, we like the show, we like to win by playing well. ”

DO YOU THINK OF AN ACTION OF RESPONSIBILITY? “Ask for responsibilities if. I ended due Mon-Gence . There are significant losses and a very large debt. Fortunately we have some very powerful assets. There is interest in Bar?a, new sponsors who want to collaborate with us. We want to put the club back on track for success. ”

KOEMAN: “Ronald has another year on his contract and gives him the peace of mind that he won't have to rush into anything. We are talking quietly. With Koeman we are evaluating everything that has been done. He’s a coach we haven’t put on. We need these conversations. I can tell Ronald everything I think and so can he. Don’t rule it out, we’re talking about sharing criteria, goals. All the coaches that sound are great, because everyone wants to come. ”

MORE KOEMAN: “We are valuing the season. A lot has happened these years, we don’t want to leave any gaps. We want to share a model. The first to know will be Koeman. This reflection is needed. ”

RENEWAL AND EXIT OF PLAYERS: “We will talk and we are talking to them. There are aspects that have been relaxing. It all follows that the decisions above were not made. The players want to keep winning and finish their career on top of everything. ”

GUARDIOLA, YOUR DREAM? "I wish Guardiola to win the champions, it will be wonderful for him. I didn't come here to explain my dreams, because there would be a tomato. ”

THE NEGOTIATION WITH MESSI: “Surely Leo deserves and can achieve much more. But because of his desire to make Bar?a great, he certainly appreciates the effort we are making. Very excited about the project. I am moderately optimistic. Leo first asks for affection, to feel comfortable, to smile again, to have fun and he needs to win again or see that he can win again. He is doing his part because he knows very well the effort we are making. ”

WILL THE TEAM INFLUENCE THE COACH'S DECISION ?: “In the locker room we want talented players, team spirit and who are dedicated to playing football as professionals they are. The decision of the coach is the president, the board and following the recommendations of the sports management. The team will carry our stamp. ”

ECONOMIC SITUATION AND MASS SALARY: “We are reversing the economic situation. The payroll today is 110 percent of projected income. This needs to be adjusted. For every hundred we release we can enter twenty-five. Reduce expenses but above all improve income. We’re starting to have major t-shirt deals, we have Rakuten, who we want to continue with, and we’re in talks.

ESPAI BAR?A: “The audit will determine the final budget. The 815 will fall short. We will present an improvement plan to the City Council. At the end of the year we will have the license to start the project. We will try this project by making the uses of assistance compatible with the renovation of the stadium. There will be a time when the deck will have to be done and it will be our turn to move. It won't be as long as we thought. ”

TEBAS'S CRITICISM: “With Tebas in private, the treatment is very correct, in public it is always very belligerent. Surprising. We ask him to respect Bar?a. ”

THE FOOTBALL SEASON: “I like football and this season there have been things I haven't liked. And others that we have played well, such as in Paris. We demand to be more competitive. Here you compete to win. We had a disastrous end to the season. ”

Jaume Giro: “Jaume (Gir?) decided he didn't want to continue and I understood his reasons. The guarantee is in the league, of 125 million and against we guarantee all the board. It is not easy to get a guarantee of 125 million. It costs us some money and we hope it doesn't cost us more. ”

WHY DON'T HE DARE WITH XAVI AS IF HE DID IT WITH GUARDIOLA ?: “We don't have specific references to know if he will be a great coach. Experience helps a lot. The principles are the same but the situation is not the same as in 2003 or 2008. ”

WHAT DOES MESSI NEED ?: “Messi wants Bar?a to think big. What has changed? That I am now the president, and he likes that. ”

THE CONVERSATION WITH CEFERIN FOR THE SUPERLEAGUE: “I already told him that we will not apologize for thinking and that we do not plan to pay a sanction, which has no justification. If they do we will go to the TAS. We have some rights. We need to make a more attractive format, football demands innovation, it demands change. Those who regulate football are immovable. Clubs - the state cares about the debate because they can inject money when they want. It cannot be understood that more competitions are held so that there is more to share with other clubs, because that gives votes. Right now most clubs are at a loss and that can’t be. I'm not saying it's all the fault of how football is regulated because decisions have been made here that are delusions of grandeur and have been very badly managed. " "

https://www.lesportiudecatalunya.ca...a-koeman-estem-en-un-periode-de-reflexio.html

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans