Joan Laporta

El Gato

Villarato!
If Laporta is smart, he now will make it a point of his presidency to hire the right coach. The right manager can drag a club from ruin without very many signings at all. And fans just need a piece of humble pie and wait until the club becomes a place to be for the right talent that you don't have to splash out on all the time. Right manager and right signings with limited budget and interest from big stars from the Premier League and elsewhere will be generated by itself.

A hot take in wake of the conference:
a) Wait for Fati to see how he does - if can't continue showing promise from before, bank everything on Pedri as #10
b) Surround both with role player quality talent, Aguero, Depay are good enough for meantime
c) Keep pinching promising players dedicated to the club rather than current project condition. Absolutely have to prioritise passion for the shirt in times like this
d) Once Koeman is proven to have hit the ceiling, go all in for Ten Hag

Last edited:

Bobo32

Yeah Koeman maybe can't be sacked for a 1-2 loss against Salzburg, but if he loses in an embarrassing way against Juventus as well, his time could be close to over. He clearly isn't the right guy, and we're only waiting for the time when his sacking is inevitable and Xavi can arrive.

Barcilliant

Laporta is beginning to understand that it isn't 2003 anymore.
I think his best move would be to get rid of Koeman now and put someone in with a long term project. Someone who knows how to develop talent and recruit at a cheap price. Problem is I don't see that happening. He hit the jackpot with Pep but I don't think Xavi is the answer.

Devils

This club is too funny man.

Deserves every ounce of misery it gets. I slept like a baby last night and will do even if they club goes into bankruptcy.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I like how he conducted himself during the press conference. Straight-forward and firm, painting a picture of Messi and his entourage working very hard to reach an agreement with the club and stay, without too much excessive finger-pointing at Tebas and the shackle from La Liga.

Looks like he did it for the best interest of the club, at least what he perceives is. My only complaint is that he should have come forward earlier without all the reassuring "Messi's renewal is going well" stuff earlier.

hardyboy

He is dancing on the tunes of Perez. Wish Font was appointed instead of him. Fuck him.

Last edited:

malvolio

This motherfucker was best friends with Rosell after all. He's no better or worse than Rosell or Barto. Was lucky to hit the jackpot with La. Masia golden generation and Pep.

Starting to think that billionaire owned isn't such a bad idea.

Rassvet

This motherfucker was best friends with Rosell after all. He's no better or worse than Rosell or Barto. Was lucky to hit the jackpot with La. Masia golden generation and Pep.

Starting to think that billionaire owned isn't such a bad idea.

In a few years, maybe there will be some hipster tech billionaires out there who spent their childhoods watching Messi and Barca comps on youtube to Viva La Vida that have the cash and love for the club to make it work.

Horatio

You're welcome
Laporta believes that Barcelona is bigger than any player or president. Laporta is an absolute blessing but most people are not reasonable nor are they patient

Ill be honest, could very well be he was misinformed on this one. And yeah, maybe it is time for parties to separate. But unnecessary lying and disgraceful way of dealing with Koeman is telling of ones personality.

I know what ur getting at but cant help but think could have handled things much classier.

Nazario1985

Man literally won entire election campaign using Messi's name and now asking him to find a new club when season starts tomorrow.

Good luck signing any big name in the next decade !!

People tend to forget HE DOES NOT HAVE CRYUFF this time.

He is a weasel always has been.

Now will he step up and be mister big balls and go do some lobbying around Tebas & UEFA like PSG/Bayern/City are doing ? or will he stay in Perez shoes.

Home of Barca Fans