Joan Laporta

jamrock

🤣🤣🤣 @ all the people criticizing laporta too funny.

Yea let's unilaterally cancel all the players contracts.

Or
Mortgage the clubs future.
Or
Some how fix the shit show that bartomeu left in 6 months.

So we can sign Messi, thank god these guys aren't in a leadership role in any organization, these are the type of people who would have probably voted for bartomeu back in the day.

Horatio

You're welcome
As early criticaster of Laporta(regarding the handling of Koeman nohomo) I am still behind him. He wants to clean up the mess and in no way was it ever not going to messy. Only in a few years will we see the fruits of his labour and look back on today and either think how good things were still(lol) or this was all a necessity in the long run.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
It's difficult to believe in him, everything he said during the campaign has come crashing down, from ESL to Messi, the guy doesn't get anything right... It's like he said stuff just to win the election, what a surprise, right?

On the other hand, maybe he just didn't know the state of the club was so bad, but even then, he should have seen it coming...

Yannik

quite frankly, if Barca seriously fails to register their new signings, then you should honestly question why the fuck Laporta signed them in the first place. La Liga FFP sucks, but the rule was not new, they should be aware of it.

Even if Barca manages to offload Griezmann and the likes in the last few weeks and can thus afford to register new players, that still meant he gambled and just got off lucky.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

quite frankly, if Barca seriously fails to register their new signings, then you should honestly question why the fuck Laporta signed them in the first place. La Liga FFP sucks, but the rule was not new, they should be aware of it.

Even if Barca manages to offload Griezmann and the likes in the last few weeks and can thus afford to register new players, that still meant he gambled and just got off lucky.

The new signings should be registered unless the Liga decides not to interpret Messi not renewing as savings, which basically destroys the club in both short and long term. That is what he said about calculations.
4 clubs already asked for relief from Liga regarding registration, so it isn't just Barca here anyway.
The signed players were one coming from loan, and 3 players who signed for free, 2 already had agreed deals on discount before Laporta was elected, and yet he negotiated with them again to reduce their salaries. Last one signed on a contract that was mostly add-ons.
If he doesn't do that deal, then he is conceding entering the season without a single reinforcement, and probably conceding losing Messi too. That is basically giving up on top 4 finish which we can't afford

vegitot

In a few years, maybe there will be some hipster tech billionaires out there who spent their childhoods watching Messi and Barca comps on youtube to Viva La Vida that have the cash and love for the club to make it work.

He watched Messi and PSG comps instead :mou:

Barcilliant

I think Laporta has been a mixed bag so far. Didn't like the way he handled the Koeman affair. I like the fact that he has been very proactive in terms of reducing wages and actually signing players. With Messi I have a sneaky feeling that he wanted him to leave but needed a scapegoat.
With Messi gone the club has no reference point. Dembele, Griezmann and Coutinho have been useless. Fati is too young and doesn't need any additional pressure. Who is going to step up?

MTL_Barca

Laporta is a politician so of course everything he says has to be taken with a grain of salt and i'm sure he's far from perfect...but seriously, the club is just in a shambolic financial situation so it's hard for me the blame the guy that took over after it was already too late. Bartomeu is the one responsible for this mess, and no one else.

Last edited:

Porque

Maybe we should of got the guy Xavi rejected instead. The one who wanted to sign Eric Garcia on the Bartomeu transfer fee and wage.

Forgot his name. Arial Helvetica?

serghei

Laporta is the best thing the club currently has. All players are disposable. Even likes of De Jong can be sold for a right price.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
I hope Messi doesn’t hold back on this lying fucker in his farewell message. Get the fans who didn’t turn on him yet to do so. Can’t be trusted for shit and should resign ASAP. He never wanted to renew Messi from the start.

serghei

Laporta is a politician so of course everything he says has to be taken with a grain of salt and i'm sure he's far from perfect...but seriously, the club is just in a shambolic financial situation so it's hard for me the blame the guy that took over after it was already too late. Bartomeu is the one responsible for this mess, and no one else.

Of course. Laporta did well. He hoped we would find a way, but the options on the table were really bad for the club. Losing Messi ain't that bad.

He simply chose the club over Messi. A 34 year old Messi that is.

Barcilliant

I hope Messi doesn’t hold back on this lying fucker in his farewell message. Get the fans who didn’t turn on him yet to do so. Can’t be trusted for shit and should resign ASAP. He never wanted to renew Messi from the start.

Too much emotion. Take it easy.
Laporta is president of FC Barcelona not FC Messi. No doubt we are going to have a tough five years ahead but we will bounce back. All big clubs have lean periods.

Home of Barca Fans