Joan Laporta

Bobo32

I think a president should take decisions that are good in the long run. It is tough to judge Laporta after half a year, but I think he is also looking at the long game, while also being much more charismatic and giving out a much better image than his predecessors in the short term in the way he presents himself etc.
Having said that, almost everything he has done so far looks very questionable from the outside, at this moment. Some things might prove to be good in the long run yes.

-Especially the Messi situation looks very sketchy. The wages of the signed players counted, right? Why not release Griezmann, and hurry with renegotiating contracts? I think the whole situation looks ugly from the outside.
-Barcelona B manager leaving seemed bad.
-Xavi not arriving look bad, Koeman is clearly not fit.

khaled_a_d

Tell me what he did and any other half decent CEO couldn't? Pique salary reduction (that enabled registration of Depay and Garcia) is Pique's contribution to the club and he alone decided to do that. We shouldn't praise Laporta for that.

Can anyone justify signing of Aguero and spending additional 6 mil salary on this finished player? How many deadweight did they manage to offload? None! They even added one! At first he also wanted Koeman out and two weeks later he changed the story. If we are taking about consistency he showed none.

I am not his hater and I hope he will accomplish much better things in the future but his first 6 months were absolutely horrible. At the moment it looks like he is completely lost.

You can't call a player deadweight and then ask why he isn't gone in the same sentence.
That is what a deadweight is, a player who you no one wants.
It takes 3 parties to agree a deal: selling club, buying club and a player.
Laporta controls only 1 of those, there is nothing to be done other than waiting and swallowing our pride.
Not a single candidate would have done it better

Messigician

This guy lmfao

Bar?a will net 55M in profits for the 2021/2022 season due to reaching an agreement with Neymar over a pending dispute. Laporta purposely inflated potential costs and losses in last season's economic excercise to show positive numbers after the end of this season.

? @2Playbook

Raketa10

You can't call a player deadweight and then ask why he isn't gone in the same sentence.
That is what a deadweight is, a player who you no one wants.
It takes 3 parties to agree a deal: selling club, buying club and a player.
Laporta controls only 1 of those, there is nothing to be done other than waiting and swallowing our pride.
Not a single candidate would have done it better

I tend to disagree. IMHO very few candidates would do worse. What about the signing of Aguero? How do you justify that one? That 6 mil salary could have actually been spend on some promising young player and not another deadweight who will sit out the next two seasons.

I was and I still am a Laporta supporter but his first 6 months showed that he has no plan at all. He is lying and improvising from day one. As things stand right now he won't last long, especially if he continues like this. Failing to renew Messi, after he was claiming everything is going as planed was just embarrassing as ti gets. Imagine if Font did that. He would have been crucified. The only thing that is currently helping Laporta survive this is his legacy but that won't last much longer. If he fails to improve our club and our squad for the 2022/23 season, we will witnesses another vote of no confidence.

Last edited:

Porque

Aguero is looking like a bust move at this moment but don't forget that Victor Font come second in the elections and he also wanted Aguero, but didn't want Depay.

He also wanted Eric Garcia on a higher wage and transfer fee that Bartomeu agreed.

So I don't think we would have been any better with anyone else.

khaled_a_d

I tend to disagree. IMHO very few candidates would do worse.

There were only 2 beside Laporta. Both definitely looked worse.

What about the signing of Aguero? How do you justify that one? That 6 mil salary could have actually been spend on some promising young player and not another deadweight who will sit out the next two seasons.

His salary is based on variables.
He is healthy and scoring some goals he will get 6M, which in such case is deserved.
He fails to stay healthy, he will cost us way less.
It is really that simple.

Failing to renew Messi, after he was claiming everything is going as planed was just embarrassing as ti gets. Imagine if Font did that. He would have been crucified.

I would really like to know what people expected him to do here?
Come out and say to the public : hi folks, there is only 10% chance we will renew Messi, but we will try? Like seriously?
Of coarse he was saying that it was going well, no one would have done otherwise until it was over.

Laporta has Bartou legacy to buy him years, the club is in shit situation and until we are capable of spending 50M on signing new players, we will continue to struggle and look clueless.
No one will look like having a plan when he can't make signings in a poorly constructed squads like ours.

akaranzo

I tend to disagree. IMHO very few candidates would do worse. What about the signing of Aguero? How do you justify that one? That 6 mil salary could have actually been spend on some promising young player and not another deadweight who will sit out the next two seasons.

I was and I still am a Laporta supporter but his first 6 months showed that he has no plan at all. He is lying and improvising from day one. As things stand right now he won't last long, especially if he continues like this. Failing to renew Messi, after he was claiming everything is going as planed was just embarrassing as ti gets. Imagine if Font did that. He would have been crucified. The only thing that is currently helping Laporta survive this is his legacy but that won't last much longer. If he fails to improve our club and our squad for the 2022/23 season, we will witnesses another vote of no confidence.

That's such a shallow, stupid way of looking at this though. ''He lost Messi so he's bad''. That's literally the stupidity of people that Bartomeu was counting on, and why he so desperately kept him at the club so he wouldn't lose him and the blame would go on the next president. Don't let his idiotic meddlings come true.

malvolio

That's such a shallow, stupid way of looking at this though. ''He lost Messi so he's bad''. That's literally the stupidity of people that Bartomeu was counting on, and why he so desperately kept him at the club so he wouldn't lose him and the blame would go on the next president. Don't let his idiotic meddlings come true.

actually it's not stupid. it makes sense that he's judged also by the messi contract renewal. after all this was one of the main themes of his campaign.

he didn't come out saying that if he'll be president his main priority would be the welfare of the club and if that means messi gets the chop then he'll do it. messi even supported his candidacy.

akaranzo

actually it's not stupid. it makes sense that he's judged also by the messi contract renewal. after all this was one of the main themes of his campaign.

he didn't come out saying that if he'll be president his main priority would be the welfare of the club and if that means messi gets the chop then he'll do it. messi even supported his candidacy.

Yeah, cause he didn't know that the CVC deal would come in, and he didn't have access to the actual financial reports that he later got through the audit. He didn't know just how difficult it would be to re-sign Messi. It was a combination of obstacles that came up over the summer, led by Tebas being obsessed with the TV rights deal and basically forcing Barca to go along with it, if we wanted to keep Messi. Bartomeu is more at fault for us losing Messi than Laporta is. Bartomeu's the one who fucked the club's finances up so horrendously that we'll be struggling for years to come.

behindbrowneyes

All of those rumours about a new striker are just rumours to satisfy Koeman. "We tried, but it wasn't possible".

If you look at the club's activities on the market it is pretty clear that they want to clear the books as much as they can. Releasing Messi, devaluing some washed-up players in 20/21, selling Emerson a month after getting him back and only getting free agents as reinforcements. Of course La Liga forced the club to set their sights low, but the club probably willingly sacrifices the first season to save money and get a positive result at the end of 21/22 which puts the club into a better position going into transfer summer 2022. Maybe they could've done better on the transfer market, but imo they've found a good balance of staying competitive (which means qualifying for next year's UCL) while improving finances too. I'm pretty sure Laporta at least will try to get Haaland next summer and therefore the club needs to save some money while boosting the revenue. Even if the Norwegian lands somewhere else: That strategy puts the club in a better situation in the midterm.

malvolio

Yeah, cause he didn't know that the CVC deal would come in, and he didn't have access to the actual financial reports that he later got through the audit. He didn't know just how difficult it would be to re-sign Messi. It was a combination of obstacles that came up over the summer, led by Tebas being obsessed with the TV rights deal and basically forcing Barca to go along with it, if we wanted to keep Messi. Bartomeu is more at fault for us losing Messi than Laporta is. Bartomeu's the one who fucked the club's finances up so horrendously that we'll be struggling for years to come.

yeah mate, laporta who knows people in and around the club. a guy who lives there and is connected more than anyone else. suddenly he didn't knew.

there are 3 scenarios here:
1. he bluffed the candidacy just to win - for which he can be judged since he promised something he had no clue about
2. he knew and was naive thinking that he could somehow get it over the line - again creating false hope
3. he had this plan all along and executed it to perfection, by lying in the process

so don't tell me he can't be judged on the above as he's either stupid or a liar. promised something and didn't deliver - of course you could judge him on this.

Raketa10

Yes mate, he didn't know shit because he was totally unprepared for the job and now as a consequence he is completely lost. No one is claiming that Barto was doing a good job and we all know that he completely ruined the club. Problem is that Laporta so far looks like a man who doesn't have a clue what to do. Things are basically happening to him and he is definitely not in control of the situation. If you are satisfied with this level of managing than you really have a very low expectations.

Furthermore if he knew about the possible problem with registration he could have tried to extend him before his contract expired. Do you honestly think that Messi would have said no if he knew there is a possibility he couldn't be resigned in August? IMHO Laporta is either totally unprepared or he didn't want to renew Messi at all. If he wanted Messi out because of some unknown reason I can accept that. Problem is that he had to be more direct and honest about that entire situation. So he is either unprepared or a horrible liar, you choose.

This situation reminds me of politicians who win the elections only to claim they can't do shit because situation is horrible because of the former government. If you can't do shit and you are clueless than why the fuck did you even run for a presidency in the firs place? Claiming that he didn't know how bad the situation was is a pure lie. It was obvious from the start.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

yeah mate, laporta who knows people in and around the club. a guy who lives there and is connected more than anyone else. suddenly he didn't knew.

there are 3 scenarios here:
1. he bluffed the candidacy just to win - for which he can be judged since he promised something he had no clue about
2. he knew and was naive thinking that he could somehow get it over the line - again creating false hope
3. he had this plan all along and executed it to perfection, by lying in the process

so don't tell me he can't be judged on the above as he's either stupid or a liar. promised something and didn't deliver - of course you could judge him on this.

Does it matter? Font certainly said that he wanted to keep Messi as well. And with all we know re-signing him was virtually impossible. It wouldn't change the outcome one bit.

Then you have Tusquets and Font advocating Garcia for ~20ME on insane wages. Given our financial situation the former was malicious (or incompetent) and the latter naive. Laporta is improvising, but Font's genius plan would have imploded as soon as he audited the club.

Home of Barca Fans