Joan Laporta

malvolio

There were reasons for that. We'll be much better off in the future thanks to writing off a lot of shit this season. Laporta will benefit from that as well as a lot of blame is put on Bartomeu.

Huh? So they intentionally declared a bigger loss and that helps us how?

And why would Bartomeu be the scape goat if La Liga's audit found fewer losses than what Laporta declared?

serghei

Let's see if this works...

I'm with Laporta. Going with such a huge and important project and having it thought out by Barca's undertaker Bartomeu is dumb, or at least gives me huge question marks. The guy was incompetent and who's to say this new Camp Nou project is not yet another Barto-disaster waiting to happen? So if there are worries about the project and the expertise of the team that won the project, act now and decisive. You can't joke around with that.

Barto does stadiums. Expect the construction equivalent of Coutinho and Dembele.

Last edited:

Messigician

I'm with Laporta. Going with such a huge and important project and having it thought out by Barca's undertaker Bartomeu is dumb, or at least gives me huge question marks. The guy was incompetent and who's to say this new Camp Nou project is not yet another Barto-disaster waiting to happen? So if there are worries about the project and the expertise of the team that won the project, act now and decisive. You can't joke around with that.

Barto does stadiums. Expect the construction equivalent of Coutinho and Dembele.

Prem's beat player and Bundesliga's best winger?

I don't follow

serghei

Prem's beat player and Bundesliga's best winger?

I don't follow

Most inflated transfers of all time. That's like paying Rolex money and getting Casio instead.

In a more serious note, I just don't have confidence that a project as huge as that, that was sketched and agreed under Bartomeu's tutorship and guidance, will go smoothly.

Last edited:

Messigician

Most inflated transfers of all time. That's like paying Rolex money and getting Casio instead.

Not at all.

Just bad luck they didn't work out. Simple as that

Hazard cost around the same and flopped just as hard with 1 year on his contract.

Neymar delayed leaving until last minute for his loyalty bonus, whole world knew Barca had cash to burn and a point to prove

Madrid didn't have PSG stealing all their tranfer targets and paying Ronaldo's release clause did they?

Messigician

Its always funny seeing people blame Bartomeu who is 10x smarter than They are and one of the most successful Catalan business men in history

Andresito

Staff member
Huh? So they intentionally declared a bigger loss and that helps us how?

And why would Bartomeu be the scape goat if La Liga's audit found fewer losses than what Laporta declared?

There's nothing fishy or illegal going on really. It's just how they decided to set up the accounts.

The devaluation of 5 players discussed before was one part of this.

Here's an explanation I Messigicianed off Reddit
Bar?a didn’t exactly lie about their losses but rather through financial engineering and some accounting maneuvering, they purposely over reported their expenses and loses now in order to report higher profits and smooth out earnings reporting in the future. This is known as accounting cushion.

As to why Bar?a deliberately did this, partially to lay more blame on the previous board but to also ensure much more positive financial reporting by taking all the negatives in one hit now. This in turn helps with multiple facets such as getting even better sponsorship deals, better loans, better wage caps, etc. in the future. Essentially it’s killing 2 birds with one stone.

malvolio

There's nothing fishy or illegal going on really. It's just how they decided to set up the accounts.

The devaluation of 5 players discussed before was one part of this.

Here's an explanation I Messigicianed off Reddit

So classic Catalan politics at work. Blame the previous board for everything, create a little noise in the media about some dubious transactions and we move forward. Basically same thing that Rosell did when he took over from Laporta.

But somehow this is seen as Laporta being a genius :lol:

Don't have an issue with accounting maneuvering, but its all the more clearer Laporta lied about not being able to keep Messi.

Well, it's not something most didn't figured out by now anyway. Onward and upward I guess.

iniestaGOAT

So classic Catalan politics at work. Blame the previous board for everything, create a little noise in the media about some dubious transactions and we move forward. Basically same thing that Rosell did when he took over from Laporta.

But somehow this is seen as Laporta being a genius :lol:

Don't have an issue with accounting maneuvering, but its all the more clearer Laporta lied about not being able to keep Messi.

Well, it's not something most didn't figured out by now anyway. Onward and upward I guess.

Bro the finanical issue was real. There is 0 chance messi would have been registered with that contract.

Are you drunk?

Porque

He's making the right steps and taking the difficult decisions. Not renewing Messi, not signing the CVC are huge decisions. Then the smaller ones like solving Griezmann, Coutinho, finding good players to slot in despite salary cap issues and now a reputable sponsorship deal signed.

Dissapointed with the resignations of what are key board personel. But then I'm reminded that in his previous tenure he had resignations of guys like Sandro Rossell and Bartomeu, who turned out as fecking corrupt disasters at the helm.

malvolio

He's making the right steps and taking the difficult decisions. Not renewing Messi, not signing the CVC are huge decisions. Then the smaller ones like solving Griezmann, Coutinho, finding good players to slot in despite salary cap issues and now a reputable sponsorship deal signed.

A fair assessment. Just don't like to be told lies.

Home of Barca Fans