Joan Laporta

terryzinc

Laporta is as bad as Barto getting rid of FDJ ... signing injury prone Dembele back (no one wanted him smh) ... DOING THIS THROUGH CONSTANT MEDIA LEAKS Raphina average player non-scorer for 50 million smh trash signings so far Ferran garbage ... the reality is all his "lever" deals are not paying off the debt they are buying unproductive or older players ... overpaid for Dembele Raphina and soon Lewi... this team under Laporta is as bad a Barto ... all building to not only losing but financial disaster... how did Barca win sign superstars they are not doing that anymore :( 21 million(including salary) for Azpi absolutely CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Bobo32

This forum seems to know only that I put a lot of trust in the footballing ability of Riqui "heart of gold" Puig.
I put almost as much trust in Laporta as a president, and in Xavi as a visionary football manager. So far I have been let down a lot more by Xavi and Laporta. What is this thing with Dembele!? A farce! If it is true that he can earn as much now as before he tried to wait out his contract in order to scam the club of getting ANYTHING back for the 2 billion they spent on him. I can't believe the simultaneous weakness and """strength""" shown by these two men - they are weak when they should be strong and vice versa. I don't like what I see!

wisconsincule

If Laporta really is banking on selling FDJ to get under the Liga imposed salary cap, he is no better than Bartomeu.

I hate how this club runs to the media/press to do its dirty work.

Not a good look from Laporta. Seems like he really has no clue what he’s doing either.

Gari

More like they're trying to get him to take a pay cut. Or Xavi doesn't appreciate him at all. Dembele is here, Xavi got what he wanted.

Rival

Laporta is just as bad as Bartomeu, and anyone that believes otherwise is a fool. Re-signing Dembele, pushing out FDJ, overpaying for an old Lewandowski and an average winger in Raphinha. "Great" business, sure.

jairzinho

Classless stuff from Laporta and Xavi. Really disgusted by the way they treat Frenkie. What did he do to deserve this shit?

Messigician

Nothing. He loves Barcelona.

He didn't fit the team in their eyes. I never had the feeling Xavi liked DeJong.

The difference here is the new contract he signed with the backloaded wages. Usually when a player is sold halfway through his contract he?s already made half the money if the contract is evenly spaced out. The problem here is Frenkie as legally worked for Barca for peanuts for years and now is pissed they are selling him. So normally players are ok with transfers if the club doesn?t want them as they?d rather just move where they?re wanted. But Frenkie is due contractually a frankly ludicrous amount of money that nobody will pay him - that?s his and his agent?s fault. They should have known there was a chance they?d essentially be forced to stay at Barca even if Barca don?t want him.

In the end all they can do is stick to the ?I?m not leaving? line till it?s essentially Frenkie or Lewa, Rafinha, Kessie, etc so that Barca are forced to pay him to leave. That?s the only play they have and I bet they didn?t want or envision that happening when they signed the contract.

jairzinho

A move to man u isn't that much of a step down tbh. They've been struggling lately but they are still a big club with history and tons of money. He can reunite with van de beek and ten haag and maybe get back to CL next season. It would be really embarrassing if he refuses to leave and then we can't register raphina that would be a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

FinBarcelonafan

A move to man u isn't that much of a step down tbh. They've been struggling lately but they are still a big club with history and tons of money. He can reunite with van de beek and ten haag and maybe get back to CL next season. It would be really embarrassing if he refuses to leave and then we can't register raphina that would be a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

Of course not. United is one of the legendary clubs.

Barcilliant

The way the club conducts itself is atrocious. I don't blame people for not liking us. Getting the press to do it's dirty work is not how a big club should operate. Our signings so far have been ok. I agree with the Christensen and Kessie signings. Raphinia was too much money ditto Lewa and Kounde if the sign. Signing Azpi and Alonso for anything over 10 million would be beyond pathet6.

El Gato

Villarato!
I haven't kept up through June-July

Can someone explain how Barca can afford to sign 3-4 players on new contracts, fulfil deferred wages from Barto contract AND sign + register Raphinha and Lewa? I mean there's barely any interest in any other player Barca have. Does Laporta think he'll shift half the squad to make that happen?

Home of Barca Fans