Joan Laporta

Birdy

Options are Nuno Santo, Poch, Gallardo, Tuchel and Flick.
Can't think of anyone else

Flick is not an option.
He declined Laporta even before he signed with the GErman NT, because he had agreed with them.
He is not leaving anytime soon.

Tuchel is WC, but his football doesn't fit Barca.
Only Gallardo is feasible and a bet with some potential

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Joan Laporta spoke this afternoon on Bar?a TV. His most notable statements:

Advertising Drake on T-shirt

"Spotify can set the tone three times a year and they will do it once on Sunday. The app will soon be launched in Catalan.

Complicated situation. How is it?

"Like all culers. I thank the fans for the support they gave to the team. We went there a lot. I'm sad and upset, we couldn't win despite scoring three goals. As our coach said, we have to change the chip and fight for the league. This team is in training, the objective of this course we had clear was the league. The phase has become very complicated, we are not yet eliminated but it is very complicated."

Do you have hopes?

"We have to win both games. It's a matter of doing our job. Inter and Plsen play before and before we play Bayern we will know if we still have options."

A hard blow

"We weren't expecting this time. We have done everything from the club, the technical secretariat, the coaches to have a very competitive team and unfortunately we are in this situation. We are in this complicated situation. In the Bayern camp we had chances, then they did not whistle a penalty to Demb?l?. And then on the Inter pitch everyone saw it, it was outrageous. I don't like to go victim, but we didn't like arbitrations. If we had scored we would have made it more difficult. I talked to UEFA, nothing can be done. You can't back down. Next time we have to try to score more goals and get a better game out there to win."

Feeling after the effort of the levers

"It's been a day. And basketball yesterday gave us a joy. I have the same confidence and I think it's a team that's under construction. I have my confidence intact in the body and in these players who are very good."

Can you compete against the big ones?

"I think so. We saw it on the Bayern pitch. We were superior, we had chances and in 5 minutes they won the game. We have to adjust, Xavi knows a lot for the team to progress. We want the league, the Champions League has given us a low blow. Let's see it end and concentrate as much as possible on the league."

Xavi

"Xavi knows the club, the system that Bar?a has to play. As a person he is excellent, a great coach who will get better."

Have you spoken to him?

"After the game I always went down to his office and I saw him sad and hurt and he hit me. We were all touched and he mostly. He has a virtue that I know no one; once we are in a complicated situation he always sees the positive side. We all had a lot of hopes for the Champions League. I was touched but I see it better today. We're going first in the league, we've got a very important game, at the Bernabeu."

What did he say to Xavi?

"Go ahead. First we see what happens. We are not yet eliminated. We don't think about it, And now we're focused on the league."

The economic issue. How would it affect deletion?

"Today we discussed it in the executive committee. It will have an impact but that it will not be those 30-35 million, but there are also other ways to compensate for it. We have to work on new sponsorships and we would still be alive in Europe and that also brings income."

Message to fans

"Keep believing. This team has to give us a lot of joy and support Xavi"

Whistles to captains

"I see the captains if they become captains it's because they've given a lot to Barca. These are one-off events. Everyone is sovereign to do whatever they see fit but I deserve all the respect and all the admiration"

What is its relationship with it?

"Good relationship. We talk to them a lot about the situations that occur in the group but the reality is good, right"

The classic

"It will also help to see the team's ability to react. Kound? looks like he will travel, we recover injured. We have to get up and show that we're very good."

"The Bernabeu is fun to play. I like to go there. I go all out, but I like the Bernabeu. I've been lucky enough to have some great Bar?a games there. It's a great opportunity. Coming out of Wednesday's lu is a great opportunity to stand up and recover."

Lewandowski

"He's a very important player. In addition to his talent he gives us a lot of professionalism and credibility. He has the innate goal. And his attitude to the group is a leadership attitude and I see that in travel and training. It's integrating very well and it's a reference."

Can the project be marked?

"The project is moving forward. If there is a good result, the project helps a lot. The project does not falter and goes ahead and will adjust better. We want it to be splendid."

Winter market?

"The team is being made and with a number of adjustments. We are working for the winter market and there is this intention to constantly improve this Bar?a team that is powerful and can be improved."

Messi. Is there a real option?

"We're going to do something to recognize who has been the best player in the history of Barcelona. On Sunday, he will be 18 years old when he made his debut. We want to give him a gift, it's a private thing. We have it very much in our memory. I'll see him on the ballon d'or in Paris and I know Barca means a lot to him. He's a PSG player and we wouldn't do anyone any favors."

terryzinc

Laporta could have afforded to keep Messi he had enough money LOOK AT THIS:

Stats so far this season, league and UCL

Dembele 12 games 3 goals 4 assists 842 min.

Raphinha 11 games, 1 goal, 1 assist 614 min.

Ferran 10 games, 1 goal, 1 assist, 309 min.

Depay 3 games, 1 goal, 0 assists, 131 min.

Total: 6 goals 6 assists, 2267 min

Messi 12 games, 7 goals, 8 assists, 1053 min.

ryuken

Yeah, keep sucking on Xavi's D you miserable loser. Fuk, it is like god has forsaken us with all these crooked presidents for god knows how long. They turn this elite team into Europa tier laughing stock, what an achievement.

FinBarcelonafan

That's bad

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

FC Messi until when? When he gets injured or is too old to play and then we panic and start thinking about the future?

FinBarcelonafan

Laporta is in denial.

He still thinks we are the club of 08-11. He needs a reality check. Hopefully Bayern will provide that.

I am pessimistic as usual, but I think we will have a rough next few weeks.. I think we were hurting mentally because CL league failure and now this Real game won't help at all.

We are very low morale and confidence right now. We need a big win to recover some of it.

It's true. Laporta should talk to Xavi, not refs. No more BS ref crap. We should beat Real and Inter even with crappy reffing. Those are the standards we need to set.

delancey

Another problem with hiring a recent Catalan legend is that they are difficult to get ride of. Xavi is as popular as Messi, no doubt. Just look at how the press is showing way more respect towards him than Koeman, for example, even though Xavi has the worst win rate (50 games) of all recent managers. And our squad is packed with quality. And rebuilds do not take time. In fact, they can happen immediately. Gradual progress is a thing, however. Learning from mistakes is a thing too. But they do not imply getting knocked out of the CL after 4 damn matches against fucking Inter. That is my take.

We should hire a world class coach after the World Cup and stop fucking around.

What irks me is how Xavi continuously plays the same system when it fails time and again. Biscuits is done, so stop playing your bff. Everyone sees it, except for Xavi and the second most important brain in the coaching staff, his brother. Jeez!

Last edited:

delancey

I am pessimistic as usual, but I think we will have a rough next few weeks.. I think we were hurting mentally because CL league failure and now this Real game won't help at all.

We are very low morale and confidence right now. We need a big win to recover some of it.

It's true. Laporta should talk to Xavi, not refs. No more BS ref crap. We should beat Real and Inter even with crappy reffing. Those are the standards we need to set.
Yup, these next few weeks will be crucial.

Home of Barca Fans